[ Suggestion ] Path of Exile - Frontier

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Vhlad wrote:
We'd get to play (and make) stuff like this if GGG sold a moddable offline client.
This game's revenue stream comes exclusively from folks who want either additional stash tabs or fancy hats. And a hugely disproportionate amount of that revenue comes from folks who have lots of fancy hats.

So no, never going to happen.

If GGG sold a moddable offline client, their revenue stream wouldn't exclusively come from those things anymore, would it?

Besides, games like team fortress 2 have mods and sell fancy hats.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Awesome ideas! The presentation is the best I've ever seen on these boards.

---

Glyphs as "extended maps" is a really, really cool idea. Those could be pulled into mainline PoE without too much work and would give a ton of design-space for GGG to create challenges in.

Jumpscares is the coolest map mod ever created, hands down.

The keystones, combat techniques, and rune/words would be a lot of player power that don't trade much in return. Both unarmed keystones are interesting, but the other two don't have meaningful enough downsides, especially the flask keystone. I do enjoy the amount of new player ideas here, though.

The dominator jewels are quite interesting since they have powerful drawbacks to make up for their benefits.

Both orbs are likely far too powerful to add into the game. The former makes high-end crafting far too convenient compared to the current setup, and the latter absolutely breaks the current unique itemization (unless it can't be used on uniques). Like, imagine rolling Pillar onto a Lathi... 5x more damage for pillar builds?
This post is fantastic. All ideas are for sure innovative :) I do not like all of them but in general they are solid :D

10/10. :)
Oh man, this is cool. Sure, there's some stuff that'd NEVER make it into the game whole (some of the uniques are bonkers) but overall this is a very solid and very well presented idea. I'd say yes to seeing any one part of this in-game. Nice job!
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
"
A dev suggesting it be 'moved to community showcase'. Can't stop laughing.

Moved or reposted - whichever. The more cool stuff in the cool stuff forum, the better.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Vhlad wrote:
We'd get to play (and make) stuff like this if GGG sold a moddable offline client.
This game's revenue stream comes exclusively from folks who want either additional stash tabs or fancy hats. And a hugely disproportionate amount of that revenue comes from folks who have lots of fancy hats.

So no, never going to happen.

I don't disagree but you stated that like its a fact, do you have any sources?
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Not really. But if it ever did happen, it would be mindbogglingly stupid on GGG's part, financially.

But I really, really should stop posting in this thread, at least until I've, you know, read the OP.

Edit: Okay, I've read it. I believe the mapping system has enough issues with its affixes already, and adding an additional layer of affixes for "glyphs" would basically being layering new systems over a system which doesn't work properly at the moment. I also think it's downright nonsensical to forbid currency use on glyphs, or emphasize corruption so heavily; currency might not be used as often as we'd like to modify items, but that is their purpose, and any affix system should allow currency to modify it in all but the narrowest of cases. So I'm not a big fan of the actual ideas. The presentation, of course, is amazing.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 29, 2016, 12:59:32 AM
Hilldrake... Well...fuckin...done!

What a gorgeous and well thought out presentation/suggestion. I kept having to check the posts title because I could have sworn this was some LEAKED info for an upcoming PoE expansion or something.

Love the Cartographer's glyphs suggestion. Would love to see it and use it in the game (very tasteful glyph illustrations btw). Some of the prefix/suffix's for glyphs look fun and scarey also (Area contains Mirages.... wtf sounds like a trap!)

I love that the glyphs come with mixed objectives too... ie quests, puzzles, multiple zones. And the Dominators influence and chance to drop Dominator uniques is delicious! and makes glyphs highly attractive compared to just grinding maps and skipping Map Bosses. It's a great additional endgame farming area similar to Atziri. Love some of the unique designs too btw... free aura jewel, immortal minions and auto-cast ring - I can't comment too much on their balance but they look fun (main thing of importance personally).

New orbs look very good. I don't craft much so I'd likely only use them as currency still... but I understand what you're proposing with them. Essence Orb changing skill colors and thus attribute requirements is a fantastic idea imo haha. I mean it'd be expensive as they're exalted orb rarity and only findable in glyphs... but my caster Marauder (called RedGemsOnly) could finally be Red Gems Only bwahaha and stack more strength for life and iron will damage (oh... what about Gems with split attribute requirements? I guess they'd shuffle so my idea wouldn't work anyway).

New skills... bwahaha win. First 2 let us make a Sith/Jedi which'd be awesome. And bounce would just be Xmas come again imo (though probably not doable... I'm sure they removed multistrike from being used with movement attack skills such as Leap Slam because it was causing butt loads of desync - dunno)

Love the combat techniques. I'm all for more options and customization so props for the detailed list of combat techniques you've done up. It looks fairly well balanced upon inspecting the list and trying to combine different ranks of the same path.

Runes add even more variety and options. I was a bit wtf when I read "Don't be surprised to see a Rare Skeleton ground slamming and dropping cages on you if you socketed a Dungeon Map on the glyph". But there are Exiles out there doing similar - so it shouldn't be too bad... right? And the runes on player exiles as enchantments seem alright... nothing over the top I could see. The -5mana cost would help hit free casting maybe... I dunno.

Anyway I really respect the amount of work you've put into this suggestion Hilldrake, so thanks for the posting it. I'd be happy to see some/all of your suggestons worked into this game in the future. Good luck to that end :)

"The key to winning any fight is simply staying alive."
Impressive, I'll commend on the OP later, no time to read it thoroughly right now.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Not really. But if it ever did happen, it would be mindbogglingly stupid on GGG's part, financially.

It wouldn't be stupid once they decide that PoE 1 is "finished", outdated or whatever and they move on to another project. It would actually be pretty a pretty smart thing to do at that point.
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
This is really cool!

You should contact Support about moving it to Community showcase for other people to see. I'm sure they'd be happy to do so.

I can't provide feedback on the mechanics or ideas, but I'm curious to know what it means for an area to contain jump scares.
i dont like the concept, infact, if ggg decided to add actual jumpscares to the game, it might just be the end of my PoE careér... plz dont, its the only thing im trying to evoid in games, and i dont think PoE is that kind of game
I usually do not read popular posts again after i made a comment on it, unless it's one of my own. I wish to have a Black robed Grim Reaper micro set in game one day, grant my wish, GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info