Skills reveal - Frost Bomb and Orb of Storms

First:

I think these new skills look really intriguing. To the people crying clear speed; stuff it! Meta be damned. I, for one, don't want every skill to be the next Poison Arrow or Vaal Spark. I'm really excited to try these out when the new expansion drops. Nice work, Rory. Ignore the haters!

Second:

This whole drama about Zeno and State of Exile is patently ridiculous! Scammers effin suck! That said, most things I've heard out of Chris Wilson's mouth leads me to believe he has no problem with PoE's economy being cutthroat and ruthless. The "ty for scam" guy was a prick and so was Zeno. Who cares?! I WISH I had a chance to exact real revenge on anonymous smack talking scammers and the fact Zeno got that opportunity is righteous and hilarious. Beyond that, for people to disparage State of Exile over this petty BS is just plain dumb! That show has done more for this game than all of the SoE boycotters combined. Including you, Charan! Is Zeno's jock bravado over the top? Usually. But I'm not looking for role models. I just want high quality content and information. State of Exile offers that like no other!

P.S. Charan, you inspired me pretty early on to throw money at GGG when I could afford it and your posts on the forums used to be insightful. Lately, I've just been hearing a lot of seemingly self entitled whinging and it's getting old...
for the name of consistency:

"
you can only have one Orb active at once

currently we have similar limit on desecrate (it can spawn up to 15 corpses)
desecrate corpse limit can be bypassed by using trap - spawned corpses assigned to the trap and not to the character, so you able to flood whole instance with dead bodies.

Would the orb be assigned to owner (trap) or it limited in other way?

I hope you can see balance problem if trap will be able to bypass orb limit.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
I think they look cool and there will be people who use them.

I really like the idea of skills that are not a main spam. To me earthquake looks like something to supplement a 2h build who has an effective short range ability. We have the poison spell interactions, personally i like using more skills together. Adding something like flame totem to most self casters for a good while there was just free money, it earned its cast time frequently. Maybe not for a caster who is completely min maxed on something like Arc, but then youre probably vaal stormcalling, thats your little situational add on. I think more tools in the game like that are a really good thing.

I welcome cooldowns, soul collecting, secondary skills, all these things. If you dont like them you dont have to use them, personally I like them.

I agree ! The hotbar is getting real small, though.
WOW, fantastic new skills!! :) Looks very original and special.
Proud Crusader of Hardcore Leagues.
"
Kaysee wrote:
"
As a side note, I'll be a guest on the State of Exile podcast next week! Check out twitch.tv/zenocidegenius for more information

No thanks, as commented here: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/40elu9/zenos_how_to_trade_etiquette/

"
...I won't be tuning in to SoE Podcast in the future if he is part of it.

GGG don't need scumbags like this "championing" their game.

+1

GGG why? After all the things that happend you still want to cooperate with this guy to represent your company in a podcast?
I am disappointed :( - i am personaly not going to watch.

The new skills look both interesting - Frost Bomb looks awsome for some static boss encounters in combination with other cold skills - supportet with reduced duration (faster explosion) for trash clears or faster casting (more pulses/s) look like a good option with it. If the cooldown is short enough it will be included in maping builds - if it isn't it may be an option for tougher bosses when you are playing a cold caster.
I don't like that it looks very similar to frost bearers - that could potentially kill you if you are not carefull enough.

Orb of Storms - i can see it have some use for tough bosses but i don't see any use for lighting casters while maping. Spark, Arc, Ball Lightning and even Strom Call are obliterating trash mobs and even most blues and rares very quickly - you don't need more damage. You just wanna go fast - it is all about clear speed (boring if you ask me) - placing an orb and then casting is not fast enough for the current meta. I don't see it used that often honestly which is heartbreaking to me because the design of the skill itself seems really good and thought out.

Please GGG do something about the clearspeed meta and make PoE hard again - thank you!
"
Rory wrote:
adding more skillful strategies to existing builds

So many years passed and still the only skillful strategy on maps is to spam one skill because you need to "specialize".
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
"
PapaChulo wrote:

This whole drama about Zeno and State of Exile is patently ridiculous! Scammers effin suck! That said, most things I've heard out of Chris Wilson's mouth leads me to believe he has no problem with PoE's economy being cutthroat and ruthless. The "ty for scam" guy was a prick and so was Zeno. Who cares?! I WISH I had a chance to exact real revenge on anonymous smack talking scammers and the fact Zeno got that opportunity is righteous and hilarious. Beyond that, for people to disparage State of Exile over this petty BS is just plain dumb! That show has done more for this game than all of the SoE boycotters combined. Including you, Charan! Is Zeno's jock bravado over the top? Usually. But I'm not looking for role models. I just want high quality content and information. State of Exile offers that like no other!

was gonna say basically the same. couldnt agree more. Funny enough, all those people yell they wont watch, yet every time there is a Dev on the podcast we have couple thousand people. without devs, its around 1,5k-2k people watching. with devs, its 3k+ people. me as a mod, i do not believe that everyone who yells they wont watch actually dont watch. theres at least 50% of those guys still watching. and zeno usually sits around 800 people watching.....

also, theres a few things i need to add: you guys judge zeno for making a dumb decision. and no doubt, it wasnt the smartest decision he made. but who the fudge are you to judge? did you never misbehave? did you never overreact in a situation where you got mad? i dont think there is a single person on this earth who could say "nope, never did". if you do say that, youre lying.

next thing is.. all you guys who are yelling "no GGG dont support Zeno yadayada" need to understand one thing: there is a difference between Zenos stream, when hes alone versus the podcast.
If zeno streams he can do whatever he wants, its his stream and if he wants to be an ass or ban someone or be lovydovy - thats all up to him.
but did you guys ever notice, that when it comes to podcast, he's being super professional, looks much more at what he says and how he says it, and all these things?

if you cant distinguish between those two things, then dont blame zeno for your mistake. he can do whatever he wants. if you dont like him, dont watch.

also, GGG is grown up people you know? i think they can make their own decisions and dont need anyone to tell them wether or not to do something.

sidenote: i also find it funny that alot of people started being like "never watching zeno" - yet his channel keeps growing with every drama that gets put on reddit by those "i-never-watch-zeno"-guys. so thanks for that! keep helping him grow <3 i like it.
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
"

By going on their show, GGG staff are just validating the temper tantrums and vindictive behaviour.

and by acting on what you are saying they totally wouldnt be doing that right?

People are people, I think you're being too judgemental, everyones flawed. If we held everyone to account for everything they ever said and did the entire planet would be up for the chop. Some things only matter if you go out of your way to make them matter. We all are on this planet together and we have to get along, somehow. I disagree with people all day long on these forums but I dont hold a grudge against anyone. Id watch a podcast put together by any of you, Id be hyped to hear you were doing it and even more hyped if you could get a ggg member to talk to.

I think you dont see a lot of the good zeno and ziggy have done for the poe community, esp where streaming is concerned, how healthy and positive their influence has been in so many ways. I dont think people view them as role models, theyre just regular, flawed, honest people. I think thats the future of media personally, I dont want some hollow BBC autocue robot presenting anything to me, give me a human being any day and Ill forgive almost any eccentricity that comes along with that as long as the person is genuine and their heart is in the right place. I know you have a bad impression of zeno but trust me hes a good egg at the core. Hes no role model, he doesnt paint himself as one nor does his position make him one imo, but I honestly believe he would be a better role model for the community than you or I would if we use ourselves as examples, we can be pretty prickly fish on our day. I would like to think people dont hold everything weve ever done and will continue to do against us and can see that actually, in the grand scheme were just genuine people who care about things.
Do this means that You gonna nerf anything which u get randomly on your sight, like this happens in 2.0 with the Ice Spear and stuff ? ;)
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"

By going on their show, GGG staff are just validating the temper tantrums and vindictive behaviour.

and by acting on what you are saying they totally wouldnt be doing that right?

People are people, I think you're being too judgemental, everyones flawed. If we held everyone to account for everything they ever said and did the entire planet would be up for the chop. Some things only matter if you go out of your way to make them matter. We all are on this planet together and we have to get along, somehow. I disagree with people all day long on these forums but I dont hold a grudge against anyone. Id watch a podcast put together by any of you, Id be hyped to hear you were doing it and even more hyped if you could get a ggg member to talk to.

I think you dont see a lot of the good zeno and ziggy have done for the poe community, esp where streaming is concerned, how healthy and positive their influence has been in so many ways. I dont think people view them as role models, theyre just regular, flawed, honest people. I think thats the future of media personally, I dont want some hollow BBC autocue robot presenting anything to me, give me a human being any day and Ill forgive almost any eccentricity that comes along with that as long as the person is genuine and their heart is in the right place. I know you have a bad impression of zeno but trust me hes a good egg at the core. Hes no role model, he doesnt paint himself as one nor does his position make him one imo, but I honestly believe he would be a better role model for the community than you or I would if we use ourselves as examples, we can be pretty prickly fish on our day. I would like to think people dont hold everything weve ever done and will continue to do against us and can see that actually, in the grand scheme were just genuine people who care about things.

That's a good point. I guess though the reason people end up acting like rolemodels is because they are popular and most people treat them as role models, so if they do something bad they ruin their reputation.

To be clear I never liked Zeno before that incident, and with that incident I felt that my judgment was justified. Am I preoccupied? Sure I am, I judged the person to be someone I wouldn't trust in real life just by seeing him talk in state of exile before. Someone could argue that this is not wrong and you should not think that way until you get to know someone, but let's just say it's the vibe I was getting.

Having said that yes perhaps boycotting state of exile may be too immature after all since the content of it is interesting and Zeno doesn't act disrespectfully during its time. But the point is that if you are popular enough it is bound that you will be treated as a role model to a point, because that's what we humans do.
Last edited by phmn on Jan 28, 2016, 3:54:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info