How Hard is Vinktar Square?

I have the map in my stash, I want to run it but would like to know what I need to have in terms of life, dps, resists.
Im level89, 4400 life, acro/phase acro with atiri boots, 39% evasion, playing poison bladefall trapper with binos
I have access to a saffel's and level 19 PoL
My gems are are mostly level 19, no quality (BF is 20/20 though, in a 5L with trap supports and conc effect)
Got whirling blades, fortify setup.
Running clarity and vuln, but maybe need to drop vuln?
Using spell totem+wither to help take down bosses

I can do atziri runs just fine, almost deathless. Usually die once to BS crap I can't even explain. I've done her about a hundred times in my life, so I'm very used to the fight.

SO, based on my description above about my setup, am I ready to fight avatar or thunder?
Should I drop vuln and run PoL? How about using the saffels? WOuld Fairgraves tricorne be helpful?

at 2ex for one of these maps, I don't really want to fail it

thanks
Last bumped on Apr 18, 2024, 4:47:03 PM
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I found it super easy on my essence drain char. I think, any ranged build will have chill time there.
"

thanks, I-No, good write up of the fight.
I've watched some vids of people doing it, it's hard for me to say whether or not MY toon can do it though. I'd appreciate some info on stuff like how much life to have,, that kinda crap
"
1337fun wrote:
I found it super easy on my essence drain char. I think, any ranged build will have chill time there.

yeah, I *think* I will be ok with traps, can do most stuff ok.
Do you have any opinion/insight on if I need a certain amount of life to withstand certain attacks? Will stacking light res make it significantly easier?

I don't have any life leech or any regen, really - I can usually get by fine by 1) whirling blades of the screen to avoid any damage 2) using life flasks. Do I need to change anything to get some leech?
I can run it for you if you want but you better make a decision I'm going to play D3 after I eat unless you say something :P
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
The map is level 80 and has extra damage as lightning + monster damage, so even the trash can deal good damage. I think doing the boss without any form of life sustain will be very difficult. One of the guardians summons two little spiders with a lightning beam inbetween them, their melee hit deals very high damage. I'd say this can oneshot you, so keep your distance and don't bet on evading/dodging them.
"
I can run it for you if you want but you better make a decision I'm going to play D3 after I eat unless you say something :P

thanks for the offer, i really want to do it myself. Just trying to see if I need to make adjustments to my toon or wait until a few more levels or something
"
Lord_of_Error wrote:
The map is level 80 and has extra damage as lightning + monster damage, so even the trash can deal good damage. I think doing the boss without any form of life sustain will be very difficult. One of the guardians summons two little spiders with a lightning beam inbetween them, their melee hit deals very high damage. I'd say this can oneshot you, so keep your distance and don't bet on evading/dodging them.

ok, thanks

how do trappers do this? can't leech. stacking regen seems out of the question. The bino's only seems to work on higher level maps (which this is)but I need to kill minions to get this i guess. Feed them the summoner talisman to accomplish this?
Tbh, no idea. I did the map with an RF char and didn't activate RF to keep my high regen. Maybe you are mobile enough to dodge more? Some of the things in there are hard to avoid though. :\

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info