[2.1 SC] Skeletal's DoT's Double Curse ED/Poison

Hi there!

Now, I know there's a few ED builds floating around but I've had pretty reasonable success with mine so I thought I'd share it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why ED?

Pros:

Can run all map mods (however no regen and blood magic are hard, and immune to curses/temp chains is not great)
Pretty cheap starting items (No real requirements)
Scales great with gear
Silly map clear speed
Silly regen as long as you're killing stuff
Good vs bosses

Cons:

Slow projectile
There are better builds for killing bosses super fast.
Not the tankiest build out there (regarding getting 1shot)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Passive tree lvl 90:

Disclaimer, mine's a mess. But it works - and I'm happy to take feedback!

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAAx4FtQZwBx4I9A2NDkgPqxB7EQ8RLxGWE20UCRSwFr8ZihqNGo8fQSLqI_YkiyaIJpUrCjpYOw09X0kTSVFKfUwtTLNNkk5tTp9SU1KvVcZbJlxAXfJfKmHiYlpnoGf8akNqjG0ZdFV1nnaCen99dX_7gh6ExYd2h8uIQongj_qTH5UulwaXlZf0m7WcMqLZo4qlxKebrJitSrDYtNG1SLcwu0274746wFTBxcM6xKLIDMgUzxXQH9N-2xrdX9-Y45_mWOd06NbrY-wY7g7veu_r8NX1b_ba99f7CfzF_ro=

There are ways you can go CI/Lowlife and pure life as well. If anyone wants a tree for those, give me a poke.

Bandits: Oak, Kill/Alira, Kill

Additional Note(s): It's perfectly fine to use the +1 curse nodes. I opted not to because I could juggle my resists etc around with a damning and could use the points elsewhere on my tree.

ED scales decently (both parts) with projectile damage and can pierce. I found that running LMP/GMP and the Pierce% node really helped with clear speed until my ED hit 20.

By request, 120point scion Repentance tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAt9byl9hN21mbXZSgLaiomtpisZBaUnvDaHQYVoMJSsj56EZxQYfhiLc-HaqDzP4K_kk8LfJF2L3GroNfOuE1kgthDF_E9qZX_o-vbBjXxBWvp3KpTeNo8lOlHM73MlWp8B8rUOoYl7SiAA3NdqxqAQSz_lTPfsBmPAVFR5_f73wy0Zo76-7tPJrgpwjVpkWdj0YVUFeU5CJTUpuhKU_31xhq7DiePKyYUq85UjrYjHY6WHRVrUq7TVgHJy-3MVXGXypn_N1fkFVmnoPb-tJyDwQHFy8Wb0yzZOcksCSq42qXlVXWgKQ26VJTPV-Fe2ZU

Screenshots:

Coming Later!

Links, order of importance:

ED - Void Manip - Cont Dest - Rapid Decay - Slower Proj - Empower

Contagion - Inc Aoe - Inc Dur - Free slot

Blasphemy - Vuln - Enfeeble/TempChains

Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Free slot

Wither - Spell Totem - Faster Casting

Flame/Chaos Golem

Clarity

Vaal Skeletals (For bosses)

Gearing:

For when you're starting out, anything really goes. You're looking for Life, resists, spell damage.

I'd advise for Winds of Change early on (significant damage/QOL boost) and a decent deadhand talisman.

You may scoff at me using a random Armour unique that lowers you max ms - but it offers proj damage and speed, and some life.

Towards the end, I'd recommend:

Binos + Consuming Dark

Doedre's Damning

5/6l Carcass Jack

I'd suggest Consuming Dark before Binos - The binos adds super fast clear speed, but does nothing unless you have a Dark equipped.

Damning: optional, but I prefer it

Carcass: It's basically everything you want, ev/es, life, resists and 20% inc aoe (Which is HUGE with contagion). Shavs/Garb are useable, but i think most unique chests are okay and rare chests are just fine too.

Jewels:

Eldritch Knowledge in the North Witch point

Poacher's Aim (Until you get a better jewel)

1 free socket for whatever you want

My gear:
Spoiler

Last edited by UltiLink on Jan 24, 2016, 11:03:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info