[2.1] Voltaxic CoC Poison Spork guide - Atziri viable, can run all map mods

I suppose the main concern is that your 6l takes up 4 links for the CoCs, and another GMP which lowers the damage of projectiles. It certainly looks flashy and effective solo, but I'm wondering if Added Chaos Damage or Void Manipulation gems in the 6l would improve damage (Say, in exchange for ball lightning or something).

The 6L doesn't provide much in the measure of damage increase supports, but you do say it can carry 4mans. I usually play in a party of 3, so that wouldn't be too bad, the math just messes with me a bit--due to the fact of the poison and CoC procs not included in tooltip.

Thanks for the explanation though. I am currently running this build, hoping my fears are unfound. What would you suggest as leveling passives anyways? I wouldn't want to throw many regrets into the character, so I'm mostly sticking around the beginning areas of the tree for now. But any suggestions are welcome. (Hold off on crit and the entire left side of the tree until lategame, perhaps?)

Again, thanks for the help!
I certainly know what you mean and i have experimented with other setups, such as using Void Manipulation (which should be better than added chaos since it increases both the initial hit & the poison damage). But as a general rule in CoC builds you scale damage by adding more spells instead of damage supports. That's the case because the Cast on crit gems 70% chance to cast a spell on crit apply to each linked spell separately - as long as they are not copies of the same spell. So if you crit you basically double your chance to cast a spell if you have 2 spells linked instead of one, which in the end leads to more damage output than having one spell with a damage support. So because of that, the route to go would be to add a 3rd spell (Arc, Essence drain or Shock Nova would be the chaos damage options) if anything!

Concerning GMP: As i mentioned in the Skills & Links section of the guide, you can also use LMP. I am using mostly LMP-Barrage now, and to me it is a good compromise between aoe, which still is pretty good with this setup, and single target damage. It helps to get Projectile and/or Chaos damage on all the jewels you use. Try it out and see what you like - the damage even with GMP is quite good and usually more than enough.

Alternative Option: If you want to drop GMP/LMP entirely (f.e. in favour of a 3rd spell or void manipulation), you can use 2 Volley fire jewels in combination with Barrage instead. For this option, use the passive tree called "Old Tree" in the passive tree section of the guide. The Volley fire Jewels would go into the socket between ranger and shadow and into the socket next to the Ranger's Frenzy Charge. I didn't like this setup that much because it loses quite a bit of aoe/general clear speed and it doesn't seem to improve your single target damage by a lot. As i understand it, the Projectiles added by Volley Fire are created simultaneously with a normal projectile of Barrage. Due to the removal of Shotgunning, this means that Volley Fire doesn't really increase the number of hits/crits you produce against a single target by a lot. On top of that you spend quite a few relatively useless passive points to meet the dex treshold of the jewels.

Overall i can only say that the setup given in the guide works for me, but as you saw, you have plenty of other options to experiment with! :)

[I will add leveling advice in the next post!]
My 2.3 Build Guides:
Oro's Crit Flicker Assassin: view-thread/1691639
Sire of Ignites Elementalist: view-thread/1703646
Low Life CocSpray Occultist: view-thread/1711959
Last edited by EvilChomsky on Jan 27, 2016, 8:46:04 AM
I do not understand why Frenzy gem is required in the boots (or at all), Considering you get Frenzy charges from Blood Rage anyway. Is it just me or do you just not ever use Frenzy or am I missing something here? I am currently playing the build (at lvl 86 talisman sc). Using Maligaro's instead as I cannot afford Atziri haha.
Hi, the Frenzy in this 4-Link is used to generate Frenzy charges and will curse on hit in boss fights or against other single targets. In these situations you often have no adds to kill in order to keep the Herald-curse on hit and our Frenzy charges going, so this nicely solves that problem.
My 2.3 Build Guides:
Thanks for the detailed guide right here!

May I know yours opinion on which Ascendancy you think best suit for this build?
(we having a discussion here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1585073/page/1)
And do you think we need the extra power charges passive in the tree?

Thanks!
any updates for the build?
Man this build looks so cool! I know that the talisman uniques didn't make it into the game, but please update this! I want to play it so badly!
Can you post an updated tree for 2.2? I can't see the tree you currently have posted. Looks like a great build!
yea want to convert my build to coc i have the voltaxic now! need tree updated for 2.2
Thanks a lot for the kind comments!

I am currently experimenting with a Pierce (instead of Fork) based variation of the build. You can see it here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1651153

I am playing it with rather expensive standard gear (a lioneye's vision chest with 6 off colours is kinda hard to get), but since there seems to be interest in the idea, i will get to work on a 2.2/perandus version of it:)
My 2.3 Build Guides:
Last edited by EvilChomsky on Apr 27, 2016, 8:42:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info