[2.1] Voltaxic Rift Crit Poison Spark Totems - Safe and potent for high lvl maps with all mods

Here's the thing. With Drillneck when i look at sparks pierce chance i do not get additional 10% from drillnekck. It stays at 55% instead of 65%. Most likely because Drillneck specifically says "10% chance of Arrows Piercing"

From there i conclude that if 10% chance did not apply to sparks then probably the damage increase does not apply too. Anyway, how can we test?
Ignore my previous post about Drillneck. I'm an idiot. the 10% pirce chance from Drillneck is indeed wasted. It only applies to arrwos. But the damage increase applies to spark. ANd it is very easy to test, just look at sheet dps when swapping Drilleck. It jumps ALOT.

So YES to Drillneck! :)

By the way, through discussions on reddit, I've discovered that there are other sources of damage that double-dip like projectile and chaos damage.

The Poison page on the wiki has been updated. (See citations for new testing by community.)
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Poison

Totem damage is of particular interest to us. Shamanistic Fury is 48% for 4 points! Other non-crit trees or ones that use the Scion life wheel might be tempted to take the jewel socket to the west of it and Totemic Mastery. Also, it is notable that Totem damage can get up to 16% on jewels, which puts it in the best increased damage category above chaos and generic damage as a prefix.
Doomed for Life
Can anyone help me understand interaction of pierce and chain? I
m talking about Deadeye Ascendancy class that gives bpth 100% Pierce and + 1 chain.

Would it make sense to take it for sparks?

WIth so much Pierce from tree, from jewel and from Ascendancy class, it looks to me that sparks will always pierce and will have no chance to chain? Am i wrong?
You are not wrong. A projectile with a chance to pierce of 100% or more will always pierce.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Projectile

Edit: For Spark, this is a good thing. Don't bother with chain or fork if you use high pierce.
Doomed for Life
Last edited by SirDragos on Feb 16, 2016, 7:37:00 PM
Would a templar version of this be possible? Without pierce and projectiles but more totem/spell/elemental damage? A non crit version I guess?
You could, but it loses almost everything that makes this build so good if you try to do it with Spark.

The reason that it is so powerful is that chaos/projectile/totem damage will double-dip. Lightning/elemental/spell does not; it won't modify the poison, only the initial hit. You would be likely better off just playing straight without chaos.

However, if you were to use an area lightning spell, that might be more interesting, as the area effect nodes have been swapped to mostly large area damage nodes. Use area, chaos and totem nodes and set up a good defensive plan and it might be alright. If you were reaching for an ascendancy, it might be worth a try, but I think it is worse otherwise.

Edit: I thought of something else. You could use Abyssal Cry with poison. That would not be a dual totem build, necessarily, but remember that you can use chaos spells without needing Voltaxic. You could even build it as a straight chaos spell poison build, an Essence Drain totem build, or a Dual Apep's lvl 1 skill setup (see my other thread linked at the beginning of OP).

What might be even better is to use minions to poison as a more traditional summoner. Minion damage double dips, but you'd likely want to be a Necromancer Ascendancy Witch. You could scale minions and also do Abyssal Cry. You could even throw in totem/s to cast Wither!
Doomed for Life
Last edited by SirDragos on Feb 18, 2016, 10:50:39 PM
Hello,

I've been trying to modify the trees linked in this build to get totemic mastery and shamanistic fury, but what do I drop in exchange for it, most things are just so good. Any ideas or suggestions?
FYI: the poison nerfs are not a big deal. You are going to do a bit less poison damage, but the double-dipping is still going strong. Honestly, with the new tools provided, I'd say it is stronger as compared to the earlier version. I think other builds that did not take a hit gain more on the whole, but this one is still extremely strong.

@Farenzanio

Not sure what to say. This tree is tight on points due to the stretch between Acro and Ancestral Bond. I think that it might be hard to get both. I think that the non-crit variants have a better shot at finding space. The "I hate MoM" version could easily get TM, but does not go near SF. Most of the versions could get SF, but don't go by TM. I think that you have to look at all projectile/chaos/totem nodes equally and decide what gets you the best outcome. I typically build a spreadsheet with my modifiers and play with what works best.

As for what to cut, I'm not even sure that cutting other damage for more Frenzy charges won't be correct with the new poison and Pierce values. A more mod may be better as that damage double-dips.

Moving into Drillneck and the Pierce gem seems much better than before too, as there is now a more mod on Pierce and the increased damage from the quiver will help make up for the nerfed Poison gem. I could see running Lioneye's Vision for a non-Acro version that goes for IR instead of MoM. I could even see ditching parts of the right side of the tree and taking DoT nodes over the poison ones. I have a lot of playing around to do, but that is my thinking.

Also, Snakebite (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Snakebite) seems like potentially a better way to get poisonous hit now, as the Poison gem itself is not as potent as it was. You are nearly always at max frenzy charges due to cursing with Frenzy.
Doomed for Life
Hi, are you planning on updating this build for ascendancy?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info