[2.1 Talisman] - elemental crit barrage volley (budget)

Hey all,

I've seen some crazy videos using barrage skill which inspired me to create this one.
This is a build on the budget that can be easily achievable by almost anyone. To put it bluntly overall cast is under 5 chaos or less (depending on your luck and time u spend on poe trading looking for a bargain).

The build revolves around using 3 unique jewels - volley fire.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Volley_Fire
This adds additional projectiles to barrage skill making it work like, let say Power Siphon with GMP. The jewels can be acquired for as little as 1 alch/fusing, and I would not pay more the 1 chaos for each (if u planning to get the high rolled ones).
These are the only mandatory items to make the build work.

Second item I would suggest to get is the unique wand:
Spoiler

Mine cost 2c due to really good rolls, but you could get one on poe trade for as little as 4 alteration orbs.

But let get to the build itself:
My planned tree

this is my planned tree so far. It may still change here and there but this is the idea.

my gear atm (lvl 66):
Spoiler

All but the chest piece have been self found. the 5L chest cost me 1c.

as you can see its nothing special. I try to stack as much resistance and life on gear as I can. also ele% dmg on rings as well as flat ele dmg is really nice and would give u a ton of dmg.

Gloves with ias are nice, but not mandatory at any point, to be honest I wonder if flat ele dmg would not be even better.

Currently at lvl 66 my stats (from top of my head as I cant run the game at the time of writing this):
Life: 2.2k - I know its really low, but life nodes have been last on my list to take, and with all the travel done u can get 3.5-4k once u fill the nodes around the pathing.

barrage: 6.5k damage without power charges. 8 or 9k+ with power charges (sorry don't remember if it was closer to 8 or 9k)
power siphon: 11k without power charges. 16k with power charges

this is a tooltip dmg, that as far as I know do not include the bonus from the wand additional 114% elemental dmg, so it doubles my dmg.

Skill:
Spoiler
barrage - faster attacks - weapon ele dmg - added lightning - added cold dmg
I still think about chain in this build, either instead of FA or added cold.

Power Siphon - added lightning dmg - faster attacks - WED
This is my single target skill - if needed (I usually just use it at the very end to cull the bosses)

auras:
anger - herald of lightning (HOL is linked to curse on hit and assassin's mark)
herald of cold - is another one I have, and plan to use either with enlighten or with alpha howl or by taking the mana reservation reduction nodes next to vaal pact.

Bandits:
Life - skill point - Power charge

Leveling:
Spoiler
you could easily level as a ranger using bow skills, I did that, and make the switch to wands once u have 3 volley fire gems placed and active.

Life is not so important as u stay far away most of the time, so concentrate on making all the travel early on. Grabbing the leech nodes in duelist area is a good think to do early on as they will help u greatly once u drop eleron rings for free skills.

25 points

50 points

75 points

Hope you will enjoy it as much as I do.

feel free to post any criticism too.
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Last edited by Miazga on Jan 20, 2016, 9:25:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type