Arc Build - Alternate Main Skill?

I've rolled an Arc build for Talisman league, and I'm having a lot of fun (and success) with it.

However, there are cases when the fact that Arc is not an AOE skill and/or its chain mechanics a real problem.
Two examples are bosses who spawn many minions or chaining to a monster with reflect.

So I was thinking it may be a good idea to swap Arc for a different skill on those specific occasions.
It would have to be an AOE lightning skill of course, so the three options I can think of are Shock Nova, Storm Call or Ball Lightning. Any one of theses would also benefit from the same support gems used for Arc (although may not be optimal) so the switch is easy to do.

I don't have any of those gems leveled at the moment, so cannot test this myself yet.
Has anyone tried this before or have any advise for me regarding this?

PS - I am using Vaal Storm Call with a few support gems. It feels like dropping an atom bomb, but it's not enough for higher level bosses.
Last edited by RoyBaty on Jan 18, 2016, 9:25:27 AM
Storm call definitely. You might need to improve your DPS setup as well, or buy a level 21 arc. I'm level 90 on a tanky passive tree and still have 20k DPS with it.
Prejudice is a burden that confuses the past, threatens the future, and renders the present inaccessible.
"
Storm call definitely. You might need to improve your DPS setup as well, or buy a level 21 arc. I'm level 90 on a tanky passive tree and still have 20k DPS with it.

I'm already at 20K DPS, with one of the support gems being IIR.
Arc is great, but there are specific cases where it fails.

I'll give Storm Call a try, but out of curiosity, what was your reasoning for choosing it over the others?
"
RoyBaty wrote:
"

I'm already at 20K DPS, with one of the support gems being IIR.
Arc is great, but there are specific cases where it fails.

I'll give Storm Call a try, but out of curiosity, what was your reasoning for choosing it over the others?

Someone else told me to do Atziri with it. I tried it and it worked well. Shock Nova and Ball Lightning just kind of suck. You need different links to support Ball Lightning as well. If you can get your hands on each gem, you can try them for yourself. Stormcall's main advantage is that you don't need to get close to monsters.
Prejudice is a burden that confuses the past, threatens the future, and renders the present inaccessible.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info