[2.1] Flaskman! - 350k+ DPS Flask Crit Facebreaker Infernal Blow! [Atziri Viable, 2:30 Gorge Run]

Added a leveling section, let me know if it's alright or if I should add more info!
Abisslayer, the Tank of Blades! - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1751060
Abisswalds, the Flaskman!

Well...While i was lvling back then, i didnt think of Meginord's and Foxshade. I go with random belt, blackheart and a tabula, which i can make it 6linked-infernal blow. I had thought it would be great until i found out: i need more BASE damage rather than more Bonus damage, that explain why it's so hard to me to lvling. So it's a no, You've done well!
My IGN: ExaltedPetyrBaelish.
"
lesun02 wrote:
Well...While i was lvling back then, i didnt think of Meginord's and Foxshade. I go with random belt, blackheart and a tabula, which i can make it 6linked-infernal blow. I had thought it would be great until i found out: i need more BASE damage rather than more Bonus damage, that explain why it's so hard to me to lvling. So it's a no, You've done well!

I should have been more clear from te start, but thanks!

Added a video showing how the build does Phys reflect maps.

• Shipyard Run with Physical Reflect and Curse Immune (no Blasphemy, HoA instead):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfiChAwVPmA

Abisslayer, the Tank of Blades! - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1751060

nice build. what do u think of lightening coil with this? I always thought lighting coil compliments abyssus really well, Also whats the reason for that particular shield over others? just curious
Last edited by OnizukaTeacher on Jan 19, 2016, 7:35:10 AM
"
nice build. what do u think of lightening coil with this? I always thought lighting coil compliments abyssus really well, Also whats the reason for that particular shield over others? just curious

Thanks!

The Great Old One's shield is used primarily because it's a massive damage increase for Facebreaker builds. The Phys damage on it is great, plus it has that nice attack speed buff. Add the life roll and the Spell Block, and you have a shield that I'd almost consider Best in Slot.

However, if I had a 6L Lightning Coil, I'd DEFINITELY use it over a Rare armor - the only problem is that you have to sacrifice your shield slot to get the resists for it. So you're sacrificing damage for a lot more survivability. If that's what you want, then by all means go for it, as you'll probably still oneshot packs!

I'm running this build, currently level 76, and it's incredibly fun. Everything seemed just okay until level 68, equipping vinktar and rumi's, and suddenly POW! I have a couple of ideas I thought I'd run by you:

1) I use phys to lightning in place of increased AoE for phys reflect maps, just if I do something stupid like attack while my flasks aren't up. It makes me even more tanky, due to huge amounts of instant leech from vinktar with all that lightning damage. I have, however, one shot myself a couple of times using shield bash (must have been an unlucky non-block plus crit). I now just take bash off my skill bar for those maps. I do find ele reflect maps super scary, but I'm still getting used to the "feel" of the build and probably don't have 100% flask uptime.

2) I feel like the 4 points to herbalism aren't that great, since our other potion buffs already do so much for our life flask. I used them to fill out 4 easily accessible 5% nodes, for a (modest) increase in life%, but I might move one endgame to one of the nearby damage nodes (fangs of the viper or coordination).

3) Why isn't this build named drunken master?

Edit:
4) For my "free" links, I'm using CwDT (20), Ice Golem (20), Tempest Shield (20), PCoC (20). The tempest shield gives some block and gets some charges during curse immune maps, but TS + blind might be nice too.
Last edited by EntropyMu on Jan 19, 2016, 9:01:43 AM
"
EntropyMu wrote:
I'm running this build, currently level 76, and it's incredibly fun. Everything seemed just okay until level 68, equipping vinktar and rumi's, and suddenly POW! I have a couple of ideas I thought I'd run by you:

1) I use phys to lightning in place of increased AoE for phys reflect maps, just if I do something stupid like attack while my flasks aren't up. It makes me even more tanky, due to huge amounts of instant leech from vinktar with all that lightning damage. I have, however, one shot myself a couple of times using shield bash (must have been an unlucky non-block plus crit). I now just take bash off my skill bar for those maps. I do find ele reflect maps super scary, but I'm still getting used to the "feel" of the build and probably don't have 100% flask uptime.

2) I feel like the 4 points to herbalism aren't that great, since our other potion buffs already do so much for our life flask. I used them to fill out 4 easily accessible 5% nodes, for a (modest) increase in life%, but I might move one endgame to one of the nearby damage nodes (fangs of the viper or coordination).

3) Why isn't this build named drunken master?

Edit:
4) For my "free" links, I'm using CwDT (20), Ice Golem (20), Tempest Shield (20), PCoC (20). The tempest shield gives some block and gets some charges during curse immune maps, but TS + blind might be nice too.

Glad you're liking it!

1) I've though about using Phys to Lightning, but with the damage numbers as high as they are, I much prefer Increased AoE for clearing and Increased Crit Strikes for bosses. When you get used to keeping your flasks up 100% of the time, you won't find either reflect an issue! I've never killed myself on Shield charge though, so yeah, I guess you're just unlucky.

2) Yeah, I've adressed this yesterday, and I still feel like I use the one life flask we have so much, that Herbalism flask buffs outweigh a 5% increase in life. To each his own though!

3) Good point! The story of why I named is Flaskman (a pun on Batman) is in the guide, but yeah, I can see your point. We chug them flasks more and faster than Jackie Chan.

That Phys Reflect Shipyard had some sketchy moments!

Also, looks like Mathil is trying out crit facebreakers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqpO4Sqbihs
IGN: Frazetta
Last edited by Sicyo on Jan 19, 2016, 10:48:58 AM
"
Sicyo wrote:
That Phys Reflect Shipyard had some sketchy moments!

Also, looks like Mathil is trying out crit facebreakers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqpO4Sqbihs

Yeah, the proximity shields really did a number on me, you could almost think the build was ranged. :D

I saw that Mathil tried the build out too, but he's doing a version with no flask nodes.

"
Dysmal wrote:
"

Thanks!

The Great Old One's shield is used primarily because it's a massive damage increase for Facebreaker builds. The Phys damage on it is great, plus it has that nice attack speed buff. Add the life roll and the Spell Block, and you have a shield that I'd almost consider Best in Slot.

However, if I had a 6L Lightning Coil, I'd DEFINITELY use it over a Rare armor - the only problem is that you have to sacrifice your shield slot to get the resists for it. So you're sacrificing damage for a lot more survivability. If that's what you want, then by all means go for it, as you'll probably still oneshot packs!

There is absolute no room to draw resistance from other gears at all instead of sacrificing shield slot? any room for lightning perhaps? I think it would make it really nice if that adjustment can be made. What do u think is like the ultimate best choice for chest if currency allows?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info