Righteous Fire and Damage Conversion

Hello,

I have a question about self-inflicted damage from Righteous Fire.

Now I'm aware there has been some questions answered in https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/661547 but it doesn't cover mine, which is about the eyes of the greatwolf unique.

I am also aware that Consuming Dark + Infernal Mantle does not convert Righteous Fire's self-inflicted damage to chaos. Yet what I want to ask concerns a different mechanic (damage "taken" rather than "dealt")

I was wondering if you roll a "100% of fire damage taken converted to X (insert any other element here)" on the unique t4 talisman Eyes of the Greatwolf, would that conversion apply to burning damage taken from Righteous Fire?
Damage over time is never converted.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
He's talking about "damage taken as" not "damage converted to." I think it's work but I'm not sure.

Although I don't see the advantage in taking it as cold.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
He's talking about "damage taken as" not "damage converted to." I think it's work but I'm not sure.

It would make new builds possible. I saw a talisman with 100% fire damage taken as cold + 40% increased global defences. I thought it'd enable a very nice CI aegis aurora righteous fire build but this part has been puzzling me.
Last edited by krc86 on Jan 10, 2016, 11:26:30 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Does giving or taking matter? I don't know any instance of damage over time getting converted to something else. But I may not be aware of anything new doing this.

Aside from that...even if it were possible, you'd have to find a cold version of rise of the phoenix or I don't think you could ever get cold resist high enough.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Does giving or taking matter? I don't know any instance of damage over time getting converted to something else. But I may not be aware of anything new doing this.

Aside from that...even if it were possible, you'd have to find a cold version of rise of the phoenix or I don't think you could ever get cold resist high enough.

Aegis Aurora does something close to that, raises max. cold res. Saffel's frame might be another option. And if you go CI, you'd require less regen & max. resist compared to a life based RF'er, since RF burns for 70% of ES instead of 90%.

But that's another discussion.

I suppose the only way to get a definitive answer is to ask the owner of that talisman to test it out and see if RF actually does cold damage with that talisman equipped.
Last edited by krc86 on Jan 11, 2016, 1:53:21 AM
Unfortunately, no, damage over time can't be converted or shifted to another element. You can test that easily, start blood rage, equip lightning coil and you will see it doesn't slow down.

I think Mark mentioned it's an engine limitation of some sort, so it would most likely require copious amounts of coding to implement, if it was possible at all.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jan 11, 2016, 4:13:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info