2.2 HC & SC 50-70K DPS Bladefall - Max Block + EB + MoM + AA + GR

Currently running this at 86 on HC Talisman.

In general, it's really tanky if you're willing to drop the currency into it.

Current Gear:

Passive skill tree build

Bladefall is around 13k DPS with Tempest Shield up. Gem is only level 18, so it should hit 17k or so at 20. Not sure how you can reasonably hit 50k+ DPS with Temp League gear, so I wouldn't expect to do quite that much damage. Probably will switch the second Granite for an Atziri's Promise.

Block is at 53%, spell block 69%. Evasion at 5301. With this combined, hits generally don't get through. When they do, get ready for a bit of a spike though, even with Lightning Coil. Some Chaos bosses (like Jungle Valley) should probably be avoided entirely as well since the build doesn't have a lot of room for Chaos resists on gear without a ton of currency. You'll also need to invest a number of Exalts if you want a full 7 block/hp/resist/damage jewels. Only a few good ones are for sale at any given time, and they're pricey.

Probably will give normal Atziri a go once Bladefall gains another level or two.
Last edited by Glick on Jan 14, 2016, 2:00:00 AM
How you feel with this build against reflect?
"
Unk_Particle wrote:

zero issues, even in reflet maps
"
Glick wrote:
Currently running this at 86 on HC Talisman.

In general, it's really tanky if you're willing to drop the currency into it.

Current Gear:

Passive skill tree build

Bladefall is around 13k DPS with Tempest Shield up. Gem is only level 18, so it should hit 17k or so at 20. Not sure how you can reasonably hit 50k+ DPS with Temp League gear, so I wouldn't expect to do quite that much damage. Probably will switch the second Granite for an Atziri's Promise.

Block is at 53%, spell block 69%. Evasion at 5301. With this combined, hits generally don't get through. When they do, get ready for a bit of a spike though, even with Lightning Coil. Some Chaos bosses (like Jungle Valley) should probably be avoided entirely as well since the build doesn't have a lot of room for Chaos resists on gear without a ton of currency. You'll also need to invest a number of Exalts if you want a full 7 block/hp/resist/damage jewels. Only a few good ones are for sale at any given time, and they're pricey.

Probably will give normal Atziri a go once Bladefall gains another level or two.

You will easily hit 30k~ tooltip with 20 bladefall & 6l. Controlled destruction will boost your tooltip by another 10-12k~. Using atziri's promise or taste of hate both flasks will give 10k dps each so both wud give you 20k more. I do agree that the endgame gear will cost you alot of $$ but thats what I like about this build > takes time to min max it and it's more rewarding than playing other builds that max out at around lvl 80 and with decent gear. It is really important to note that even 6% cast speed rings give you +1k tooltip dps per ring.

On the point of jewels begin pricy at the moment & begin hard to buy I kinda disagree. It was way worse when block incinerate was a thing and every hp + block + dmg jewel would cost 1 ex minium. Right now u can get em for like 20c each by scoutting poe.trade jewels for good deals. I have bought all of these jewels for total of 20-25c or so at THC. If I dont find cheap dmg + life + block jewels > I Will simply do the same thing as I did last league with block incinerate. That is to buy block + damage jewels for 1-2c and regal em hoping to hit maximum life %.

As far as the gear goes i achieved everything I was wearing except the culling cybli's on the 1 monthflashback HC league within 2,5-3 weeks in. So I dont think getting the gear is impossible on HC league, just need that good RNG on drops or farm atziri for $$ like I did on the flashback league.

PS. You should change your rainbowstride's to rare ES boots now when you have both lazhwar + rathpith on.
Last edited by Vilpertti on Jan 14, 2016, 7:35:38 AM
"
Unk_Particle wrote:

Having mixed damage + LGoH from bladefall & CWDT setup should make reflect maps relatively easy, However if you have problems/aren't feeling 100% confident with em you can always just simply skip them. Another solution would be switching in physical to lightning gem vs phys reflect and added chaos for ele reflect maps.
How about going down from Ghost Raver to pickup Deflection, Blood Drinker and most importantly Fatal toxin instead hitting shadow area? And then switch added fire for poison gem and you have OP OP double dipping. I think it could add more DPS and be useful especially during Atziri fight.
Last edited by Emjotte on Jan 14, 2016, 11:19:31 AM
"
Emjotte wrote:
How about going down from Ghost Raver to pickup Deflection, Blood Drinker and most importantly Fatal toxin instead hitting shadow area? And then switch added fire for poison gem and you have OP OP double dipping. I think it could add more DPS and be useful especially during Atziri fight.

Great thinking, i shall buy poison gem at std and test it out :)!
Plan is to respec from defiance + 1% block node from marauder and all the shadow nodes > take fatal toxin & deflection. Will do that now and post results within 1h~

edit: I was already testing out poison before and came to conclusion that it was too weak without something scaling it so went with added fire, this might push it to be better however

edit2: tested it out and came to same conclusion as before, added fire damage more dps & better. I think you need to take more chaos damage nodes for fatal toxcins & degen from poison to be better which is really hard with almost no points available to invest in damage nodes.
Last edited by Vilpertti on Jan 14, 2016, 1:04:22 PM
Interesting, I expected opposite effect. To be honest i thought it might be massive dps boost.
At around what gear/gem level did you start farming Atziri?
"
d3sden0va wrote:
Thoughts on Enfeeble vs Temporal Chains?
I really liked the abyssal cry+temp chains+AA combo on the my old incinerate, but it seems everyone's switched over to Enfeeble as the defensive curse of choice.

Also is there a reason for the CWDT for Immortal Call being level 3? Why not level 1?

And lastly, what's the Decoy Totem used for?

Thoughts?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info