CoC Discharge 2.1

Artistic guide. i don't pay attention to what i type.

I died 122 times. follow my guide. buy my mixtape. please like subscribe comment favorite bookmark follow donate

This Guide is meant to explain mechanics + passive tree (and bandits) + gear choice

this an work in progress. open to suggestions. to do list

gems.
add more pictures/links
explain value of things
example gears and es u want to hit

poe.trade item searches

if you want to search hybrid jewels, just add "increased maximum life"
this is just an easy search for cheap jewels. you can search more in depth jewels by using the sum or splitting the damage/attack speed into two searches for more control of what you want.

JEWELS:
CI 3 mod jewel
http://poe.trade/search/asaukarimginas

CI +2 mana gain on hit jewel with another stat
http://poe.trade/search/okotokitosisin

1.mechanics (frequently asked questions)
Spoiler

most important playstyle tips

click as close to your character as possible.

on top of this stack movespeed on boots+pots+flask node.

the reason this helps is because you want to minimize the time spent not critting on an unlucky cyclone. if you click farther away and you happen to not crit, it will not crit the entire cyclone and you will get dumpstered. by stacking movespeed and clicking close to your character you do many cyclones per second and spend less time on a non crit cyclone.

this is especially important when you just enter a map and have no power charges. you have rather low crit chance and risk dying if you click far away.

how does this build work

1. cast on critical strike support gem:
the linked ATTACK cast the linked SPELLS on a crit. (this means you can't cast on a spell crit, only on your attack crits)

2. voll's protector generates power charges for each hit that you crit with.

3. you then discharge with 69% chance (lvl 20 CoC gem) to do damage.

why discharge and not other spells

because dps. the reason dps for discharge is highest, 5 main reasons

1. one charge of lvl 20 discharge is equivalent to 66% of an ice nova dmg, 48% of flame surge damage. but you can generate charges from spells critting (whereas other skills dont have this benefit of damage increase) damage was very skewed in favour of discharge before the introduction of 2.1 and it becomes even more lopsided in the damage comparison with the introduction of blade vortex.

2. discharge has 7% base critical. most other spells have 6%. this means discharge has 16.67% more crit than other spells

3. you can get multi from every jewel multi element roll. for example the "increased Critical Strike Multiplier with Cold Skills" increases all the damage of discharge since the jewel mod specifies skills and not damage.

4. discharge can save the damage in the form of charges. CoC gem has 69% to cast the spell. when you don't cast on discharge you still have the charges and the damage gets saved. other skills just lose that damage.

5. voll's devotion amulet nearly doubles the damage of discharge. other spells don't get this luxury from a single piece of gear.

6. (extra reasons) discharge has very nice aoe+crit+dmg. it is top tier in all 3 of those categories, where other skills will be lacking in at least one of the three

how to level

suffer.

i leveled with bladefall. you gotta get the min gear to pull it off. (voll's protector + vagan dagger + level 38 CoC)

why is vagan dagger necessary?

the accuracy rolls twice to crit.
the enemy can dodge your attack.
the enemy can also dodge your crit.
so in order to hit the enemy you must roll accuracy to hit and accuracy again to crit.

it is very difficult to stack accuracy on CoC without sacrificing huge amount of points or gear.
vagan dagger nearly doubles your dps. the dps change is (1/chance to hit)^2

why CI why Hybrid why life

i don't think life is survivable past 92+, 96 is like really the upper limit and it just ends up being very expensive and rippy

hybrid and ci are ok since you're in the top right of the tree.
Talisman hybrid is almost unplyable without godly chaos res. the deadhand talisman bugs spawn so quickly from CoC and does so much chaos damage that hybrid gets dumpstered with a single mistake

2.passive tree
Spoiler

bandits explanation

bandits i choose are
NORMAL: 10% all resistance
CRUEL: 8% attack speed
MERCILESS: endurance charge

NORMAL: you can choose the point, switch to point or choose point when your gear is good enough to cover resistances

CRUEL: 8% attack speed is worth more than a point

MERCILESS: endurance charge is only for voll's devotion so you can even out your charges. if you have more power charges than endurance charges you lose out on endurance charges when voll's devotion converts your power charge to endurance charge (probably 5% dps decrease)

choose power charge if you don't plan to get voll's devotion anytime soon
buy my mixtape

passive trees

what you need to make the switch is the bare minimum.
bare minimum: 83 points

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAOygDlm49voBgQ4MJb57KSl-wm7WExcM6KjhGcbQM6roNfFfJKPqYrcrTvoqhL5Mn74j5N9fPSbFsCyL0bRkRUDW5pyvZWxslS67pApf0UlM9X5eVTLMgblAw217QH-_rrrNBltD1f8YRlpAbcFaaE9vUBx6VLvDVSVGP-uv1wwm5k_Id0NBfag5IXfIqC3BSidOMNisKES9Ffg5cavpVS2HiJpUWv5ykhxN3Bw==

3.gear choice
Spoiler

bare minimum to do the build

CHESTPIECE: voll's protector (no links required)
WEAPON: vagan's dagger
level 38: cast on critical strike
4LINK: cyclone - CoC - discharge - (either: crit strikes, ice nova, life leech)
solve your mana problems: either elreon rings or mana gain or hit jewel or clarity whatever makes it work

AFTER BARE MIN NEXT UPGRADES in order of importance:
1. elreon rings (solve mana cost of 6L and help with 5L), maybe mana gain on hit jewel
2. maligaro's (can use ES gloves for more defense)
3. 5L
4a. end game helm: 300 es helm (hopefully with res)
4b.
endgame shield

~450+ es shield
400+ es with crit 80%+
350+ es with spell damage (and res or crit)

these types of shields will be capable of carrying you to 100. if you're going CI you'll be looking for more survivability than spell damage.

5. dagger with attack speed and 27%+ crit
6a. 6L
6b. voll's devotion
7. multimod dagger

you can choose 6L or devotion first depending on prices in league.
6L will provide around 30~40% more dps increase.
devotion will provide around 80~100% more dps increase

vagan dagger differences

get anything but dumpster tier. any dagger with just crit can carry you to at least level 96.
tier 1/2/3 are pretty much exactly the same.

top tier: royal skean 1.45aspd, 6.6% crit
second tier: 1.4aspd 6.6% crit
third tier: 1.5aspd 6.3% crit
fourth tier: 1.2aspd 7% crit
dumpster tier: 1.2aspd 6% crit vendor trash

differences: negligible, just don't get the dumpster tier and you're good to go.
top tier: 3.6% better than second tier
second tier: almost exactly same as fourth tier. i would say 2% better
third tier: you should get this tier or higher
fourth tier: do you even dumpster?

how to roll vagan dagger

should i multimod?
cost of multimodding is 2ex. getting a good base and hitting a decent regal is probably 8 daggers (im guessing pullin # out my ass on that one) it's not worth multimodding until you pretty much completed all your gear. you can pull a lvl 100 character and never multimod (it adds about 10% dps and opens up ring slot)

order of importance:
1. crit chance
2. aspd
3.??? profit u r 3 rich 5 me

if you don't plan to multimod: aug+regal.

you don't want to hit anything that messes with elemental equilibrium:
no adds lightning to atks,
no adds fire to atks if you have devotion
no adds lightning to spell if you have blade vortex
no adds fire to spells if you have blade vortex+devotion

you want some good rolls:
attack speed roll (then craft crit)
good crit roll (20+) (then craft aspd)

everything else is still usable. just craft crit chance

how to craft ring

two options:

1.aug+regal and hope for resistances
if you hit anything that messes with Elemenetal Equilibrium it's prety bricked
hope for resists.
2. multimodding is very expensive. if you want to multimod just regal it

flask explanation

quicksilver flask of adrenaline for fast cyclone resets
granite of iron skin
topaz flask
ruby flask
(last flask of your choice, must be life flask if you are hybrid, choose sapphire if you are ci)

you must roll anti bleed
you must roll anti freeze
optional: anti curse (if you dont use this then be very careful of boxes, hexfont, ghost that touches mobs and makes them silence you)

my tree and gear

http://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/pinytenis/characters
check characters:
BigBoyOnCrit (CI version)
thirsty_virgin (hybrid version)

videos

unfair videos that don't represent the build accurately because i have expensive gear.

here's an atziri run
http://www.twitch.tv/bakedchicken/v/34211244
Last edited by pinytenis on Jan 28, 2016, 5:34:32 AM
Last bumped on Jul 10, 2016, 8:39:45 PM
fair and balanced
this build is 100% pleb approved 10/10
signature?
Nice Build, Nice books on shelf, Nice mukbang stream.
Last edited by Brkus on Jan 8, 2016, 4:04:59 AM
This guy is asian so trust him, he knows what he's doing.
shit
Confirmed OPOP.

Hi mom!
excited to try it.

I'm thinking about making the switch from my rainbow soul build im using currently on scion. I have about 15exalts (i have voll's devotion/volls protector, will that be enough to gather the rest for bare minimum of this build.

Also, you list two different types for CI or Hybrid, what is the main difference between the two?

Do you think you could provide some videos?

I'm playing rainbow soul build and can barely manage t8+ and most of the bosses 1shot me superhardbigtimebad

Any tips would be appreciated, I just want a good map farmer charr

sorry for all the questions, have a nice day!
@.@ >.< ^_~
Last edited by travisrd on Jan 8, 2016, 1:57:34 AM
People, dont ask him questions, [Removed by Support]. build #approved.
Last edited by Melissa_GGG on Jan 10, 2016, 11:42:11 AM
Will this build work with Blood Magic?
Last edited by Cheezemansam on Jan 8, 2016, 2:18:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info