[2.1] The Vipers sting - Fast clear speed, Atziri viable, cheap! - TheNumbers

The Vipers sting!
Probably not the best build! just some fun for me

Who am I?
I am a 2 year + experienced player who has had fun playing and testing many builds but have never made a guide myself, although I have helped make them before I feel this character deserved one! Currently I am a standard player who hasn't got the best rng so all my builds have been based on a small budget
making this build as was asked to by http://www.twitch.tv/ghazzy
I do sometimes stream myself but rarely due to currently being at uni:
http://www.twitch.tv/kgthenumbers

What is this build?
This build utilises the new right side of the tree and improvements to both chaos damage and melee splash with viper strike to produce a mixture of high damage initial hits and a strong DoT, this also allows us to level and scale in 2 different manors, as I said above I have always built with a budget and this build is no different Ill explain my current gear and costs below in more detail!

Pros
Spoiler
-High clear speed
-Good life regen using Bino's
-Can be built for both crit and DoT
-Very cheap!
-Easily kills Atziri
-Crit so can go vaal pact if you so wish(without bino's)

Cons
Spoiler
-Can be squishy without good amount of life on gear
-Bino's is a must
-it's melee, so can be risky with bad connections
-cant do no regen and struggles with 50% less

I don't have gg gear and will update this build as my gear improves!
but here is the offensive stats with a 5l! mind you this build I'm currently level 82 but can do basically all content bar ubber and top tier maps (13+)
this is without charges!

And defensive

Levelling
Spoiler

For this build I recommend levelling with bladefall or flame totem/searing bond until you can get yourself a melee splash with viper strike

Tree at 20 points

Tree at 40 points

tree at 60 points

tree at 80 points

tree at 100 points

final tree - Phys focus

final tree - DoT focus

trees can obviously be edited to your prefer play style, if you want help with that just message me either via pm or in game :)

Bandits
Normal - oak(hardcore)/skill point
Cruel - skill point
Merciless - Kraityn

Curses and auras below!

Gems + Gear
Spoiler

Gems
Main skill
4L - Viper strike - Melee splash(swap for fortify for single bosses) - Melee physical - multistrike
5l - Viper strike - Melee splash - Melee physical - Multistrike - Added fire
6l - Viper strike - Melee Splash - Melee Physical - Miltistrike - Added fire - Life leech/Increased critical

4l - whirling blades - fortify - blood magic - faster attacks

4l - increased duration - vaal grace - vaal double strike -vaal haste

4l - hatred - cast with damage taken - summon ice golem - fortify

3l - Cast with damage taken - imortal call - blood rage

3l - blasphamy - assasins mark - warlords mark (assasins for higher dps but squishier, warlords for tankier more sustain)

you will want to run hatred + 1 curse!
you can potentially run HoA as well if you purchase 2 enlightens and take charisma

Gear

1 ex for okay roll
This is the main item and is the only must! this is due to the way it works with poison and viper strike being guaranteed to poison

Highly recommended:

costs around 1 ex for good roll
Rats nest offers insane increase in DPS, Can be swapped for a high evasion life and res helm if you feel too squishy

cost me 2 ex
Amazing all round chest piece, evasion or evasion armour roll is best, but if you cant get one go for a high life res and evasion chest piece

shield - use a shield to compensate for life and often strength and int problems

Gloves - Go for attack speed, life and res primarily and if you can get an added damage with accuracy they are bonuses!

Boots - This is where I get most of my resistances from so get the best resistance and life boots! move speed doesn't matter to much as you will whirl everywhere

Belt - Life life and more life I need not say more

Rings- this is where you get the rest of your res and some life and damage if you can, these vary in price depending on quality but alright rings you can get for around 20c

Neck - Finally this is where your last bit of life and damage comes in, but this will be where that extra bit of strength or int comes in!

flasks - If you can get yourself some legacy surgeon flasks then your in luck! if not try get surgeons anyways as you will crit a lot!

Thanks for checking my first ever build! please tell me what you think and what you'd like to see and if you want to see more of my builds! They tend to be more for casual players who like to have fun!
feel free to add me in game! samthelionheart
Thanks!
KGTheNumbers
Last edited by sam9783 on Jan 8, 2016, 6:26:13 AM
Good build :) Would recommend
+1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info