Rigwald's cycloner - Dual wield.

Hello.

This isn't the usual leveling guide just a regular dual wield cyclone build with a flavour. I wanted to make a cycloner utilizing both the new Rigwald one handed weapons.

You can use the new Jack Reaper axe too.

Bandits

Normal - Help oak.
Cruel - Help oak.
Merc - Help Kraytin.

Dps

Will update screens later. This is still on going.
Normal non buff - 20k
buffed (4 F / hatred / HoA / onslaught ) -35k ish.
adds quite a bit of dps but not much useful for boss.

Gears

Got a lucky 6 Link yesterday on daresso's. Change fortify to concentrated effect for more dps at cost of survivability and aoe.

Planned improvements

1.Get some mana reserve nodes to add in Blasphemy - Vuln curse setup.
2.Get Boots with movespeed.
3.Find a better belt then meginord's (dps wise).
4.Get Purity of fire for later atziri farming
5.Get the build posted over here for other users positive ideas on improving dps / survival.:)

Thoughts ?

Could use some help making up my mind if its worth investing in bleeding nodes and bloodlust gem setup. Seems too much of hassle to jump on each pack just to get the bleeding on

Also will update the post to make it semi guide like but seems there are already way better formatted and detailed ones out there .
Last edited by Kaptanjackspero on Jan 7, 2016, 8:26:59 AM
Remove the specific weapon clusters (Splitting Strikes (Axe), Cleaving (Axe), Blade of Cunning (Sword)) and spec them into:

Berserking
Strong Arm
Retribution
Amplify
And get the duelist jewel socket also.

All of the above will buff both your weapons not only one.

Something like this:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQABS0JWAthEdUUIBXsGj4aVSFgJJspLiyFMZ41kjXvNug67TwtQXRDMUZpR35N41BHV5dYr1oaXz9gQWEhY3BlTWeAZ5to8m20bztyqXTtdqx4DXrvfLh82X31gUGDX4PMhNmE74cpivCRzqIApleoB6lurj6vbLXytz65HbvtvTa-p8AawYvDM8T2xq7KkM9-0_zYvdrB26fkUelG6hjvDvAf8i_3MvdN-Ov-Cv6Pl3koKotP891oZQSzwGY8Be98n99ybGxGMgkuU9Nv

The results should be better, since cyclone alternates weapons the axe only and sword only nodes aren't effective, not that they would be effective without it alternating since you are adding dps to only one of your weapons with them.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Jan 9, 2016, 9:07:02 AM
I have a few comments on the build.

The tree had a good start with some minor tweaks it could be way better. Your links are very confusing to me, looks like a lot of random skills thrown in without proper supports. So I'll begin with the tree. The new duelist leech nodes are a must! They free up having to get Life Gain on Hit, it works great with Blood Magic gem. Why the +30 dex/int nodes? Get that stuff on gear and you have an extra 3 points.

Updated tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQABS0JWAthEdUUIBXsGj4aVSFgJJspLiyFMZ41kjXvNug67TwtQXRDMUZpR35N41BHV5dYr1oaXz9gQWEhY3BlTWeAZ5to8m20bztyqXTtdqx4DXrvfLh82X31gUGDX4PMhNmE74cpivCRzqIApleoB6lurj6vbLXytz65HbvtvTa-p8AawYvDM8T2xq7KkM9-0_zYvdrB26fkUelG6hjvDvAf8i_3MvdN-Ov-Cv6Pl3koKotP891oZQSzwGY8Be98n99ybGxGMgkuU9NvrY0=

Gems.
So there is so much stuff everywhere I'm just going to suggest all new gems and let you think about it.

Chest
Chest - 6 LINK Cyclone - Inc. AOE/Conc - Blood Magic - Melee Physical Damage - Added Fire Damage - Melee Splash
Weapon 1 - 3 LINK CWDT - Immortal Call - Increased Duration
Weapon 2 - 3 LINK Life Gain on Hit - Riposite - Vengence

4 LINK Curse on Hit - Herald of Ash - Enfeeble/Temp Chains (both if you have +1 curse)
4 LINK Life Gain on Hit - Vaal Haste - Added Chaos Damage - Inc AOE/Inc Duration

You will still have an extra 3 or 4 link available for the following gems
Arctic Armour
Blood Rage
Fortify + Leap Slam
"
pizzamachine wrote:

Chest
Chest - 6 LINK Cyclone - Inc. AOE/Conc - Blood Magic - Melee Physical Damage - Added Fire Damage - Melee Splash

4 LINK Curse on Hit - Herald of Ash - Enfeeble/Temp Chains (both if you have +1 curse)
4 LINK Life Gain on Hit - Vaal Haste - Added Chaos Damage - Inc AOE/Inc Duration

These are possibly the worst gem links I've ever seen. Do not do this.

First of all Cyclone doesn't work with melee splash, Herald of ash doesnt apply curses becuse its not a "hit" and why do you have LGoH on vaal haste with added chaos and inc aoe?
ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
Last edited by RIP_POE on Jan 19, 2016, 6:50:35 PM
"
RIP_POE wrote:
"
pizzamachine wrote:

Chest

First of all Cyclone doesn't work with melee splash, Herald of ash doesnt apply curses becuse its not a "hit" and why do you have LGoH on vaal haste with added chaos and inc aoe?

Excuse me, I haven't played a cycloner in a few leagues. I don't see you making any better suggestions. Forgot that Melee Splash doesn't work. Replace it with Inc AOE + Conc then. Chance the Herald. Why do I have those links in my Vaal Haste? Because it's fun, what is it hurting? Nothing.
"
pizzamachine wrote:
"
RIP_POE wrote:
"
pizzamachine wrote:

Chest

Excuse me, I haven't played a cycloner in a few leagues. I don't see you making any better suggestions. Forgot that Melee Splash doesn't work. Replace it with Inc AOE + Conc then. Chance the Herald. Why do I have those links in my Vaal Haste? Because it's fun, what is it hurting? Nothing.

Vaal haste isn't an attack so it doesn't gain any benefit from added chaos or life gain on hit. No offense but you may want to read the wiki for the gems before you make advice.

Anyways, I agree with what Mannoth had to say about your tree. You're better off getting the damage nodes that affect both weapons. Also, you've got a lot of +dex or int on tree - you could definitely find better jewelry to make up the stat points and get more damage/life.

I also agree with your own note about a different belt. Maybe look into getting The Retch or just a rare rustic sash with good resists/life. You really need to focus on better jewelry first though, imo. I did pretty well this league by collecting two-stone rings and making prismatics then alching them.

Another thing - I'd sooner drop added fire from your 6L than I would Fortify. Keep conc affect for bosses obviously and carry Increased AOE (clear speed) and Phys to Lightning for situational map mods.
IGN: Frazetta
Last edited by Sicyo on Jan 20, 2016, 12:29:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info