Which Jewels sell best?

I was hoping to have someone in the jewel-crafting business share with me which kind of mods sell best and what's the best way to do it when crafting jewels,

for example: only stick to one type of jewel (Viridian/Cobalt/Crimson), or vaal rare jewels orsell magic ones...things like that

I've been told that the jewel crafting business can be quite profitable and I hope someone could share his two cents on this.

Thanks!
IGN: Mperor
Last edited by opel65 on Jan 6, 2016, 8:21:25 PM
Probably the most expensive are ones with life and shield block, crit mods and mana on hit are also highly sought after. The biggest demand is most likely for viridian jewels, they can also roll mods for two of the most popular weapon types in the game - daggers and bows.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jan 7, 2016, 3:35:32 AM
I alt + aug + regal every blue jewel I get my hands on. It gets less profitable by the day, but for now it still is.

How to roll them is common sense really. Only regal something with 2 matching mods, never accept trash rolls like resists or stats, prize life and ES rolls more than anything else, and be aware of what are currently the popular builds.

Don't be too picky about what to regal. Currently it is definitely easy to make a good profit on any decently rolled jewel.

I find it hard to find people who want to trade ex for all the regals I get from mapping, but there is no end of people who will trade ex for chaos. Rolling jewels is just a means to turn regals indirectly into ex ;P
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
Do I want to sell a jewel with 2 decent mods, or always shoot for at least 3 compatible mods?
IGN: Mperor
Life is the end-all be-all of jewels, end of.

If you're not using a jewel with life, you're either ES-based, can't spare 5c for a crappy life jewel, or are using a 4-mod ridiculous something that's so awesome you don't care if you're missing out on 100-200 life.

Whenever I get a jewel, I always aug it. No life? Into the grinder. See a jewel with life and a relevant mod going for 1c on .trade? Buy it, regal it, and resell it for anywhere between 10-30 chaos on average.

I don't understand how people haven't figured out jewels yet: They're basically life nodes with benefits. And what do we do when our build paths next to life nodes?
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
life

mods for popular builds

jewels with many similar mods, example:
- crit chance with cold spells
- crit chance
- crit multi
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Mismatched mods can work for very specialized builds- it's actually a bit hard to know every valuable combintion:

For example:
Spell damage while holding shield
attack speed with daggers
critical multi for elemental skills
resists

"
gilrad wrote:
Life is the end-all be-all of jewels, end of.

If you're not using a jewel with life, you're either ES-based, can't spare 5c for a crappy life jewel, or are using a 4-mod ridiculous something that's so awesome you don't care if you're missing out on 100-200 life.

Whenever I get a jewel, I always aug it. No life? Into the grinder. See a jewel with life and a relevant mod going for 1c on .trade? Buy it, regal it, and resell it for anywhere between 10-30 chaos on average.

I don't understand how people haven't figured out jewels yet: They're basically life nodes with benefits. And what do we do when our build paths next to life nodes?

It's a bit more complex than this unless you're going for true path of life nodes without considering for optimizing anything else. I agree optimally all jewels for a life based build will have life but most people cant afford perfect gear and perfect jewels.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
I dunno, the only exception I can see to the "only have life" rule is for build-enabling jewels like elemental status effect chance, block chance, and I guess crit chance if you're doing something that demands high crit chance like CoC.

For certain though for those on the right side of the tree, when you try your best to get a decent amount of life and end up with only 130%, ensuring your four jewels each have 7% will bring you up to a reasonable level.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
In addition to what was said, I Vaal every rare Viridian jewel that isn't good enough to sell for more than a few Chaos after using a Regal. The mods may change to something more favorable, or I might get a Sacrificial Harvest or Chill of Corruption out of it (corrupted unique jewels for the other two jewel types aren't really worth much). Plus I like Vaaling.
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info