[2.1] [MORE VIDEOS!!!] Viper Splash 200k DPS unbuffed (Forget Reave) - Dual Wield [Uber viable]

[2.1] The Viper Splash Build 200k unbuffed - Dual Wield Platinum Kris/Soultaker (Uber viable)

[Build under construction]
- Added new section: Important remarks from other users
- Added two videos

First of all english isnt my primary language, so I hope you do not mind. As you can see in my profile I use to play a shadow lvl 99 char and have alot experience referring crit builds. Also i have a backup account and playing 97 lvl duelist & ranger in standard league. Feel free to message me, if you have any questions...

Why should we pick viper strike over reave? The answer is simple: Viper strike has the highest base dmg (160%). Overall ~40% higher than Reave, which is like 60-100k dps difference depending on dagger types/builds. In order to clear monster packs you have to add a multisplash gem, which is boosted (quote patch: applies to a significantly larger area, has no penalty on its primary hit). It works much better then reave/increase area effect now - believe me.

Addition advantages:
- 25% chaos conversion, which negate reflec
- the poison effect from viper strike, which help alot against uber atziri trio...
- not depending on range stacks, applies to a significantly larger area (see patch note)

Important note: Most reave builds can transition to this build - try it out and check the results.

Let the numbers tell, screenshot unbuffed (auras activ, no charge/flask)
~200k dps with melee splash gem:
Spoiler

Items & gem setup:
Atm i do some experiments with lightning coil but top tier armors will work... Against hard bosses like uber atziri you should replace the meleesplash gem with a gem of your choice. In hard maps I prefer grace over heralds
Spoiler
6link: Viperstrike, multistrike, melee splash, crit chance, melee dmg & added fire

Passives:
Do not!! pick any poison/dot nodes. Hell, thats a waste of points (tried many wannabe assasin builds and burned alot regret orbs... just ignore the new poison support gems).
We are aiming for pure physical dmg, crit and speed nodes, which scale quiet well with the poison effect from viperstrike. In other words: Hit Hard --> Die Hard
Spoiler
Because of lightning coil i have to waste like 10 pts for stack resistance in the scion area. Just skip this part and you re good.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAAF4A7gOHBLEFfQW1Bx4ILgxzDkgRLxGWFSAWqha_GY4ZtButIuoj9iT9JpUqCypNLOEs6S1VLYMwcTB8MgE1kjY9N9Q6Qj3RPydHBkd-SVFKyEt4TZJRR1VLVvVd8mBBYeJirGNwZU1qjGwIbIxuqm87cFJwVnX9eA17FHvDfXV944RvhNmGs4nTiq-MNo19jb-OipARkBuVLpVml9CaE5smnaqi2aOKrGaw2LGzshm0xbVItfK5Pr02vqfAGsLsyBTPetN-1CPUQth22L3bbtvU2-fdqOdU6NbrFOtj7T_tg-968NXxivVv9qP-uv_e?accountName=LP_Soldier&characterName=LP_Shadow

Defensive stats (Shadow lvl 99, 5,1k life):
Spoiler

Gameplay videos:
Spoiler
T14 Map Conservatory:
https://youtu.be/Axbk7vQzGf0

Twin vaal boss fight, less than 10 sec
https://youtu.be/iPcTlF8aj_E

Bandits rewards
Spoiler
Oak, Skill, Skill

Important remarks from other users

"
aStrayGami wrote:
The tooltip isn't correct either since soul taker doesn't work with viper strike so the real dps should be higher [...]. To find out your real dps, equip your dagger and a shield and calculate into your tooltip whatever dual wield passives you have, the dual wield bonuses and using soul taker in main hand [...]. If you put the higher attack speed weapon in your main hand it will use the attack speed of that weapon [...]. It can outshine loath bane, but of course, you lose the defenses of a shield.

Last edited by LP_Soldier on Jan 20, 2016, 5:05:43 AM
Last bumped on Mar 8, 2016, 2:26:04 AM
free bump for a friend
How does the clearspeed compare to reave? I'm currently building a reaver but am open to changing (since it would only be ~10 respec points). How do you think this build holds up on talisman with decent, but less then gg gear? (ie 5L, binos, less amazing jewelry).
"
geickelb wrote:
How does the clearspeed compare to reave? I'm currently building a reaver but am open to changing (since it would only be ~10 respec points). How do you think this build holds up on talisman with decent, but less then gg gear? (ie 5L, binos, less amazing jewelry).

It will work for sure and in late game it will be much more efficient (even with semi gear like binos & 5link). As i already stated viper strike (combined with melee splash) has 40% more base dmg than reave. It seems like people underestimate this.

Wish i have a better pc/gpu to record my uber atziri runs and +80 map runs... If someone doing a similar build and have some ingame videos, pls share it and i will add it! Thanks in advance.
Last edited by LP_Soldier on Jan 9, 2016, 6:53:04 AM
Bump

:P

please make a lowbugt variant....
"
Garrr wrote:

:P

please make a lowbugt variant....

Will keep this in mind. I also have a binos/average dagger and some medicore stuffs... If I finish my exams I will add a low budget section then.
Last edited by LP_Soldier on Jan 9, 2016, 7:42:04 PM
Bandits? I'm assuming;

Normal: Skill or Oak
Cruel: Melee Phys
Merc: Skill(Since I didnt see anything about charges)
Why Forget Reave? You say it has 40% higher base, though it has lower AOE and AOE dmg. It also requires an extra gem slot.

You're doing less than 200k with mirrored gear at lvl 99...

I'll stick to Reave.
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
"
hmcg020 wrote:
Why Forget Reave? You say it has 40% higher base, though it has lower AOE and AOE dmg. It also requires an extra gem slot.

You're doing less than 200k with mirrored gear at lvl 99...

I'll stick to Reave.

Honestly, with just his auras on and the gem setup he is using, 200k is good.
The tooltip isn't correct either since soul taker doesn't work with viper strike so the real dps should be higher.

But yes, I also think reave is superior. No melee skill beats Reave or flicker strike for clear speed.
Ugh effort

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info