[2.1] TALISMAN/STANDARD HEGEMONY'S GROUND SLAM

Hi guys!
This is my first build! I thought about this build to have something to level up fast and to give me solidity.
First of all, I chose the Scion because she has the best start with my tree. The other option I thought was the Marauder but he has less damage and life.

BANDITS:
Normal: Help Oak (+40 to Life)
Cruel: Help Kraityn (+8% Attack Speed)
Merciless: Help Alira (+1 Power Charge)

ACTUAL GEAR: the gear is cheap for now but in Talisman I wore my pg with the items I found (except for the Hegemony's Era and Kaom's Heart).
GEAR

6S5L is enough for the Talisman league and for standard the best is 6S6L. The next step is to buy or craft a rare one with a lot of physical damage.
Abyssus is a good choice but the increased physical damage taken could be a problem. Another option could be Rat Nest.
Other options are Carcass Jack, for the increades area, or Atziri's Splendour, for the life and mana on kill.
These gloves are temporary, i'm looking for Maligaro's Virtuosity for the double Crit stat.

For the jewels I use some good ones with life, damage or res.

SKILLS:
Main attack: Ground Slam + Multistrike + Melee Physical Damage + Fortify + Concentrated Effect + [6L] Added Fire Damage/Increased Critical Damage/Increased Area of Effect. For some bosses you can substitute Ground Slam with Molten Strike
Auras: Hatred + Assassin's Mark (with Blasphemy). You can add Enlighten as forth link.
CWDT: Cast When Damage Taken + Blood Rage + Immortal Call + Increased Duration
Utility: Leap Slam + Faster Attacks + Summon Ice Golem + Reckoning

STATS:
With a 6S5L, with golem and 7 power charges and 3 frenzy charges the Dps written on the tooltip is: 65k with 53% crit chance.
6k life, 75% all res, 35% reduction from armor, 10% evade attacks and 24% block chance.

GAMEPLAY:
This build is pretty easy to play but, in my opinion, quite funny. The main idea of this gameplay is to spam Ground Slam; the best way to do is to gather mobs in an unique point and spam the skill in a way to hit more mobs you can to avoid to waste your DPS. With abyssus you can't do any map with "Reflect Physical Damage" mod.

LEVELLING:
To level this PG I used a generic two handed weapon and in the skill tree first of all I lock the life nodes and the generic damage ones in order to not lose DPS using a no-staff weapon. Then, I took the maximum power charges and, approaching the level 68, also the staff damage.
Skeggǫld, Skálmǫld, Skildir ro Klofnir
Last edited by Mordenkran on Feb 8, 2016, 6:34:15 AM
Hi, nice build.
I'd like to know if you have tryed the Treshold jewel (+20% raduis of Ground SLam), can you fit it into your tree? Does it worth?
Thanks!
The threshold jewel woud be cool but with my tree there aren't a socket with 50 streght allocated in medium radius. With a little change to the tree you could use it.
Is there a specific reason for why you're not taking any AoE nodes? Do you feel like the AoE with Conc Effect is sufficient enough?

I'm currently trying a similar build but I'm starting Scion to take the AoE nodes along with the Templar ones. I feel like the three node jewels are a bit inefficient and I'm unsure if it's worth to take the long travel north to grab the last power charge.
Last edited by Xelestine on Jan 11, 2016, 3:53:50 AM
"
Is there a specific reason for why you're not taking any AoE nodes? Do you feel like the AoE with Conc Effect is sufficient enough?

I'm currently trying a similar build but I'm starting Scion to take the AoE nodes along with the Templar ones. I feel like the three node jewels are a bit inefficient and I'm unsure if it's worth to take the long travel north to grab the last power charge.

AlexAhnon I think the AoE nodes aren't too good for a skill point after the last tree changes. I prefer taking raw damage and put AoE as skill. For now the AoE of the Ground Slam is enough to kill a pack without problems. In The future I may put AoE somehow.
I'm thinking about the seventh Power charge and you could be right, all these points to take a power charge can be wasted. In my opinion the effectiveness of the power charge shall be tested.

This is a possible change to the tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAdwDlgSzBS0LYQ3NE3EUIBZAFm8YVho4HM4dFCcvK1AuUzSOOyg8LUFyQYdFjkd-UEdYrlnzXqVfP2BDZU1mVGaeZ5toWGh0aPJr2W49bztvnnIPcql07XcHd-N5aIMJg1-DzITZhO-FfYY7hxOHaonYj0aQVZBskn2TB5RvlKCYb5ykogCnpaknqW6plKyqrj6vbK-ntz65Q7yavTa-gL6nwBrAZsEExPbGrsln02_XlthN2L3aYtrB3CPjauRR5c_tRO8O8B_3Mvno-tL7i_4K_lQ=
Last edited by Mordenkran on Jan 12, 2016, 6:01:29 AM
I think that looks better. Going to the right side to grab the attack speed, jewel socket and the crit is definitely an option and probably a lot better than pathing all the way north to grab a single power charge.

Currently level 74 with about 70% crit chance with all power charges up, 4.5k life and around 62k~ DPS on Ground Slam with everything up while it's linked with Increased Area of Effect.

This is the tree that I'm leaning towards: http://poeurl.com/vP1. I'm grabbing the endurance charges for extra physical mitigation and since I'm using Lightning Coil, it makes up for the increased physical damage taken from the Abyssus.

I'm also using Vaal Ground Slam and a 5-link Heavy Strike (132k~ DPS) to support the build versus single targets. It helps a lot with bosses and I generally kill them in a few hits if I crit.

One big issue I found with the build is the lack of accuracy. I had a 74-75% chance to hit on the character sheet and that's incredibly low. I had to grab a total of ~400 accuracy rating on both of my rings and it boosted it up to 89% chance to hit which is decent.

So far I'm really enjoying it. I'll see how it performs in higher tier maps.
Last edited by Xelestine on Jan 13, 2016, 10:43:54 AM
"
Xelestine wrote:
I think that looks better. Going to the right side to grab the attack speed, jewel socket and the crit is definitely an option and probably a lot better than pathing all the way north to grab a single power charge.

I like the seventh power chargethat give more or less 5k DPS. The second tree is good too but for now i test the first option

"
Xelestine wrote:
Currently level 74 with about 70% crit chance with all power charges up, 4.5k life and around 62k~ DPS on Ground Slam with everything up while it's linked with Increased Area of Effect.

I have less crit chance and less DPS but more life; I use Kaom...

"
Xelestine wrote:
I'm also using Vaal Ground Slam and a 5-link Heavy Strike (132k~ DPS) to support the build versus single targets. It helps a lot with bosses and I generally kill them in a few hits if I crit.

I thought about Vaal Ground Slam last night when I was sleeping. I thing is a good choice too. For Heavy strike I use Molten Strike and I swap it before boss fight still using Concentrated Effect.

"
Xelestine wrote:
One big issue I found with the build is the lack of accuracy. I had a 74-75% chance to hit on the character sheet and that's incredibly low. I had to grab a total of ~400 accuracy rating on both of my rings and it boosted it up to 89% chance to hit which is decent.

I don't have this problem.

"
Xelestine wrote:
So far I'm really enjoying it. I'll see how it performs in higher tier maps.

I'm also low level, actually 76.
Updated with some new gear

Also updated the damage output. Now 65k!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info