[2.1] Viper Strike (crit dual wield)

Hi there everyone, welcome to the new poison melee build that 2.1 allowed.

Level 91 tree:

Bandits:
Life, Phys dmg, Frenzy

Gear:
Spoiler

3 Jewels: Life > Phys damage > Damage > Attack speed > Chaos damage > Damage over time

Skills:
Viper Strike - Melee Splash - Multistrike - Melee Physical - Crit Damage - Void Manipulation
Whirling Blade - Fortify - Faster Attack - Blood Magic
CWDT (lv1) - Immortal Call (lv3) - Blood Rage (lv7) - Increase Duration
Ice Golem - Minion Life - Enhance - Portal
Artic Armor - Haste - Enlighten
Riposte - Vengeance - Melee Physical

Stat:
Viper Strike with golem, 7 frenzy charges, 3 power charges, Unholy might (charges and might up all time) = 105,2k with max crit chance (I still don't have all gems 20/20)
4.8k life
75% all res, 20% evade, 30%phys reduction (with artic armor), 21% block

Explanations:
This build is pretty easy to play, Whirling on packs grants fortify buff, spam Viper Strike on the biggest mob and you'll see everything die so fast you don't even need to whirl out.
Atziri Splendour is BIS giving us always full mana and life, better than any other form of leech.
Don't worry to run out of mana against bosses, with 200 mana open you'll have more than enoguh to kill it before consuming them, and poison would eventually take care of what is left (or just recover on minions). Don't bother to buy Acuity, leech is not needed thanks to Splendour.
Tree gather only frenzy charges cause with this setup 3 power granted by death's hand are more than enough to reech max crit chance.
Vulnerability on hit on Maligaro is amazing if you can afford it, otherwise the aura setup would be Artic Armor + Vulnerability + Blasphemy + Enlighten.
Blood Rage on a level 1 CWDT is very handy, if you manage to get a 20quality grants 5 more attack speed (remember to keep it level 7 to work with CWDT).

Till now I've done full clear deathless Atziri in 10mins and 78maps easily. Beware this build CAN'T DO PHYSICAL REFLECT maps.
Last edited by 0Nemesis on Feb 3, 2016, 2:07:52 AM
Last bumped on Mar 13, 2016, 8:31:44 AM
Nobody else has fallen in love with poison?
Which are other options for the off hand other than Death's Hand?
Skeggǫld, Skálmǫld, Skildir ro Klofnir
Dual Loath Bane would be great...

Jokes aside (if you're a normal player) you can go dual Bino instead of Death's hand, damage output is nearly the same as my setup, you can also gain some thousand of dps by playing dual Bino and Power charge on crit on Whirling Blade. I dropped the second Bino just cause this allowed me to play Blood Magic on Whirling instead of PCOC.

Another option could be Bino + Soul Taker (better if legacy ofc) that would lower the dps but allows to play 100% reserved mana. I don't raccomend it cause the only viable option for that is Artic Armor + Haste + Blasphemy Vulnerability (or 2nd curse) but that means 110% so imply using both 3L (elighten+blasphemy+curse / enlighten+artic+haste) and to me is a bit wasted.

Haven't tryed Bino + high dps 1H (doesn't matter type) but you have to get a high crit (around 8%) and 350+ pdps to emprowe Death's Hand so, to me, doesn't worth the effeort (crit 1H with 350+ are pretty damn expensives...).

Btw Bino regen added to Splendour life on kill grants a total refill of life in 1 or 2 kills only, that's really insane, i would never drop it for less than a mirror worthy dagger...
This one is typical for a cheap offhand
until you get death hand.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Anybody else has tryed something similar?
Comments? Advices?
Am I really the only one who plays this?

Oh yeah in OP I forgot to mention that this build is doable also as Duelist and Shadow just by swithching the first 5 points. (Shadow has a lot more dps but lack a bit of life, duelist is ranger a bit less effcient).
In 2.2 I'm quite sure I'll use a shadow to redo this build cause it will have more crit focused ascendency class (I want to know what maim do...).
I've prepared my gem in Darkshrine to try this eventually:

but I'm currently busy in the league so I haven't given it a try yet.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Build moved to Shadow thanks to Assassin ascendancy.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1615104

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info