Skill Reveal - Ice Trap and the Cluster Trap Support Gem

"
Uknowho wrote:
Great! Now remove that stupid trap cooldown system or at least give us options to reduce cooldown beyond that single passive node and i might actually try it.

Also how about a buff to mines? And im not talking about damage but mobility. Maybe a cool unique - Explosive Belt: Mines are now placed on your body, Reduces maximum mines by 3, take 10% of mine damage dealt.

This sounds AWESOME!
IGN Ken__Kaniff
"
LostArtz wrote:
Looks great, nice to see it used in maps rather than in a leveling scenario.

And it's my favourite map Promenade.

Yeee Corrupted Voltaxic Rift
Øvè®þðwé® Øvê®®ûn Øvè®çðmé
Will Cluster Trap's secondary traps not be counted against your max traps laid, or will it raise the max traps cap like Muliti-trap does?

And I just got a Lightning Trap char as my first L85 after Agnerod West dropped for me. I'm excited for Cluster.
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
The last thing players need is more damage creep. I have a fondness for trappers and ice trap is a much-needed replacement for ye olde arctic breath traps, but cluster trap is going to get silly. You removed shotgunning from spells (where you remembered to) but now you're going all-in on trap shotgunning. It's LMP/GMP all over again because you didn't learn your lesson.

You have limited traps as it is. Traps are technically allowed to shotgun because we can't have 5-10 casts per second, we can only currently throw 3 at a time limited 3 times per skill. There's also no guarantee of trigger unless you use uniques or the new saboteur sub class to trigger all when one is triggered.

"
Sheriff_K wrote:
"
Owwlll wrote:
Also power chargers come from the tree (nodes NE of witch, on way to shadow. % to gain power charges when traps detonated by an enemy).

Had no idea about that cluster... I thought they were just using the Jaws of Agony.. >_<
Though that cluster kind of makes Jaws of Agony redundant though, doesn't it? :S

And yeah, even with Multi-Trap being buffed/tweaked, I don't think it'll be not made obsolete with this.. It throws it in a straight line, whereas Cluster throws 4 in a cluster; it is better for the same situation, AoE'ing. And using both would be too many less multipliers to justify it.

They should just remove Multi-Trap and replace it with Cluster imo, and put Multi out of its misery.

No because with this its like using lmp with gmp. Also Random Vs Straight Line. Each can have its uses or be used together, we don't like skill corpses here thankyou.

"
Razis wrote:
Consider yourselves redeemed after the "contagion" disgrace. Looks amazing. That 'arcane rune' feel + vertical light is ******* awesome.

/edit - it works perfect with the pacing of a trap-skill too.

The hell are you referring to? I'm the freaking plague right now at 11k dot with only a 4L so again, wtf are you talking about?

"
sidtherat wrote:
maybe it is time to stop the charade and call things what they are:

trap -> grenade (and add projectile scaling)
mine -> trap (and make them usable, starting from reverting this 'place at the cursor' Qo(LOL))

you can also remove freeze mine from the game

Why the hell remove a guaranteed freeze? I made a build using this once upon a time with massive aoe prolif, it still works.

"
Malone wrote:
Ice trap Cold To Fire Avatar to Fire , full chaos conversion, the new poison meta.

Your right and yet so wrong. Avatar of Fire: Deal no damage other than fire damage = no chaos. Pyre ring = 100% cold to fire, there you go.
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629
Pretty sure that's a 1.5 second cool down. GGG, please change Fire Trap so the cool down is closer to this. The 3 second cool down on Fire Trap makes it so awkward.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Very cool.
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
RIP Multitrap. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Sounds like an awesome add-on to my Whispering ice staff build!
Keen to give it a shot, thanks for sharing GGG.
Nice skill !

And now, what about new vaal skills? As promised ....
This is what Multiple Traps should have been from very start.
I might try a grenadier. Cluster munitions FTW!

Oh, and make it work for mines too! I want to quad-shit bricks!
On more serious note, the very baseline concept of mines is just completely out of the game's reality.

"
Rory wrote:
We're still looking at Multiple Traps, and will improve the behaviour if we can!

Please leave the playable one and wipe the bad one. Call it rework or overhaul or whatever, but DO NOT keep both.
I mean, those two are similar, will be used by similar (already more or less narrow) characters and one is just better than other.

So why can't you just free yourself from burden of working on two things when one is good enough? Sometimes less is better and I think this is just the ocasion.

Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
Last edited by Sarganis87 on Jan 5, 2016, 12:28:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info