[2.1] Chaos Wild Strike (Tank - Block, Armour, Evasion)

Introduction

With the 2.1 patch, we can now craft a weapon with "added chaos damage x-y" in item level 83+
An Item level 83+ can be easily purchased from people in poe.trade.
(They usually put the cost around 3-5 chaos with decimal to show it's item level: ex) 5.084 chaos)

This build is focused on maximizing any one handed weapon with this mod with high attack speed. (Some what similar to Ele Spectral Throw builds)

Since this is a melee build, I focused a bit on being tanky.
I have some what decent gears in Talisman, and I currently have these defensive Stats in Hideout:

41% Physical Reduction
40% Chance to Evade
62% Block Chance
47% Spell Block Chance

With a good defensive stats, I am also getting good leech from new passive node "Vitality Void"
Since this build mainly do chaos damage, It doesn't have any problems with double reflect maps.

Why Wild Strike?

I tested many different melee skills but ended up using wild strike.

Some melee Skills I used, and how I felt:

Viper Strike With Melee Splash
You can take out poison gem and add melee splash. The problem I had with viper strike is that it had too low clearing speed. I did use viper 4L as a single target skill for a while, but ended up just using wild strike only.

However, I am switching with wild strike on certain bosses, or in pvp since it has stronger single target damage.

Lightning Strike
I used LS as I am leveling, but ended up dropping it due to the low damage compared to wild strike.
The projectile of LS is only 75% of the attack, while Wild Strike has almost 150% at max level.

Frost Blades
I loved both Frost Blades and Wild strike, but ended up using wild strike.
The main reason I am using wild strike is because of slight higher damage.
(122.8% for frost blades, 146.6% for wild strike at max level, but quality of frost blade gives 20% increased projectile speed.)

If I had a 6 Link, I might try out using Frost Blades again since I can scale up with Slower Projectile gem.

Frost Blades is definitely a good alternative Skill you can use.

Molten Strike
I tried using this for a single target, but since the color was different than wild strike, I had to drop it. But overall, it was decent single target skill.

Maybe it could work with swapping around with Static Strike as aoe, but I never liked static strike skills, so I didn't try it.

Video
Tier 10 Map Plateau: https://youtu.be/Zbl96kZ5jmw

Pros and Cons

Pros
Very Tanky
Can do any maps

Cons
Bit lacking in s single target damage

Gear
Spoiler

Weapon:
Any one handed weapon with chaos damage / attack speed.
Some examples:

You can add Leo's Degen mod on these weapon.

I tried using 3 different weapon types:
Sword (Foil), Dagger, and Claw.

They all have advantages and disadvantages, and here's my experience on each one of them.

Sowrd (Foil)
- Fastest Attack Speed

This is the weapon that many Ele ST builds uses, with good attack speed mod, it can go above 2.0 local attack speed. However, if you use this, you'll need to find a way to sustain your mana.

When I used this, I added one extra node to take mana leech near Vitality Void, for total of 0.8 mana leech.
Picture: http://i.imgur.com/qL32eaa.jpg

If I had a decent amount of currency to craft, I will probably use this weapon.

Dagger (Sai)
- 6% Block Chance
- Slow Attack Speed
- Can go crit with nice dagger crit nodes, but requires local crit chance mod on dagger.
- Hard to craft with hybrid stats

I tried this weapon because of the nice block chance I can get, but I wasn't high enough level to test with all the crit dagger nodes, so I can't say much for this. Without the crit nodes, this weapon was pretty bad with low attack speed, but I can see this being good, and probably test it in the future when I get higher levels, better gears.

Claw (Gemini)
- Life/Mana gain on hit
- Decent Attack Speed

This is the weapon I am currently using. It has pretty good attack speed, and I don't have to worry about mana leech. The main reason I am using this is because I ended up crafting high crit chance and attack speed while crafting this weapon.

I have a physical crafted, but having a leo's degen is totally fine.

Body Armour
Any 5 Link rare chest with high life, resist is fine.
(Suggesting Evasion or Armour/Evasion Chest for easy chrom)

For end game, I suggest using Lightning Coil for the extra Defense.

Shield
I tried many different Shields, but ended up using Lioneye's Remorse.
If there's a armor shield that's better than Lioneye's, I will probably use that one.

The problem I have with Lioneye's Remorse is that it has no resistance and it requires high Strength.
Any amror based 30%+ block chance shield should do it's job.

I am not using evasion based shield, since I get enough evasion from grace aura.

Boots
I tried using Kaom's Roots, rare boots, and Rainbowstide, and ended up using rainbow.

If you are using Kaom's Roots, the Unwavering Stance is really nice but you'll lose 4 sockets and you have to take extra 3 nodes to take IR.

Rainbowstride gives maximum of 25% spell block chance from block chance with decent resist.

Amulets

Stone of Lazhwar, for 50% spell block chance from block.

non corrupted is totally fine.

Rings
Must have Life and decent resist.

Make sure you have 1 prefix opened for "Added Chaos Damage x-y" from Catarina
(assuming it's level 5 or 6, not shown in wiki currently 2016 Jan 4th)

Helm and Gloves should be rare with Life and good amount of resistance.
Helm should have decent amount of accuracy as well.

My Gears
Spoiler

For jewels, you must have % Life

and rest can be:

Block with Shield
Spell Block with shield
%Chaos Damage
%Increased Damage
Attack speed with (Swords/Claws/Daggers, weapon you are using)
%Damage over time

etc

Gem Links

Spoiler

Main Gem Links (Chest):
4L: Wild Strike - Added chaos damage - Multi Strike - Poison
5L: Wild Strike - Added chaos damage - Multi Strike - Poison - Void Manipulation
6L: Wild Strike - Added chaos damage - Multi Strike - Poison - Void Manipulation - Faster attack (Maybe Rapid Decay)

Rest 4L, 3L is all personal preference.

I suggest:
3L = Blood magic - Fortify - Whirling Blades
3L = Blood rage - Frenzy - Vaal Grace
4L = Grace - Haste - Enduring Cry - Enlighten (switching with purity on ele weakness maps)
4L = Tempest Shield - Reckoning - Added chaos damage - Power charge gain on crit
4L = made it two 2Link: Spell totem - Wither / CWDT - Enfeeble (Chaos golem on Curse immune maps)

Passives

Spoiler
Main Passive:
with Sword: poeurl.com/vsu
with Claw: poeurl.com/vsq

if you are going crit with dagger should be something like (didn't really test):
poeurl.com/vsv

Bandits:
I went Life, Attack speed, Frenzy Charge
Last edited by GeGuRi on Jan 4, 2016, 4:15:03 PM
Is chaos doing that much? I mean, poison is great but why not just going with a pure phys claw?
"
Is chaos doing that much? I mean, poison is great but why not just going with a pure phys claw?

I just love making builds that people not use.
This build was some what fun and decent, and that's why I made a guide for it :D
So your knowingly saying "my build is worse than it could be because i want to be an unique black sheep" ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info