Mathil's Voltaxic Crit LA/Blast Rain - Cruise control the entire game. Uber Atziri Viable 2.2 ready

"
Anyone tell me what the hell I am doing wrong ? Running assraider scion and not doing a quarter of the damage you guys are doing.. I will respec into a dead eye soon but I still think my damage should be up higher.

sitting at about 11k without buffs on LA and 9k on blast rain ( blast is only a 4link so I get why it's low)

Here is my gear as well

Spoiler
No quality on gems to start and no multi on quiver. Quality makes a huge difference.
"
Schn1tt3r wrote:
Spoiler
"
Gorrath wrote:
For those who've played both this build and Neversink's Tornado SHot build:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1041989/page/1

Which one would you say is the most effective?

Thanks

Both builds are great. Neversink is cheaper, but if you put massive amounts of money on this build (lightning damage on attack and all crit chance/multi mods on jewelry and elemental damage % everywhere) this build deals way more damage.

If you don't want to spend hours on poe.trade finding prefect gear, just go w/neversink.

I don't think TS is necessarily cheaper, there are just a lot more available items with the mods you need. Voltaxic is a bit niche as far as gearing. Popularity, it's also very meta right now so the pickings are even slimmer among the gear available.

Voltaxic benefits from the weapon being reasonably easy to obtain. Getting a good Harbinger can be quite a bit more expensive.

"
evenson wrote:
Spoiler
"
Schn1tt3r wrote:
"
Gorrath wrote:
For those who've played both this build and Neversink's Tornado SHot build:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1041989/page/1

Which one would you say is the most effective?

Thanks

Both builds are great. Neversink is cheaper, but if you put massive amounts of money on this build (lightning damage on attack and all crit chance/multi mods on jewelry and elemental damage % everywhere) this build deals way more damage.

If you don't want to spend hours on poe.trade finding prefect gear, just go w/neversink.

Just a heads up, neversinks TS build doesn't do elemental or phys reflect maps well. This build can do any map mods. This is why I personally switched.

With PTL now, most Harb-Bow builds are going mostly, or completely elemental (depending on TS or LA).

I also switched due to the power of Chaos damage. No concern about reflect. You also figure many mobs have much lower chaos resistance than they do elemental/armor/evasion to negate damage in a phys/elemental.
Well, my character does insane DPS now.. Only problem is that at level 90 I've got 4k HP and about 8k evasion, so I need to probably dump some of my DPS nodes into life nodes.

I get 100~ life from my quiver, 45~ from one of my rings, 80~ from my armor, 80~ from my belt, 65~ from my boots, 35~ from my amulet but it still doesn't seem like enough.

Also, this quiver is awesome.

Hi Guys,

can u help me out with the Glove enchant from Lab. I cant decide or find any Info whats best for a voltaxic bow ranger ? The Wiki doesnt seem to give me the infos i need to decide

thx alot,

cheers
"
Telefonfrau wrote:
Hi Guys,

can u help me out with the Glove enchant from Lab. I cant decide or find any Info whats best for a voltaxic bow ranger ? The Wiki doesnt seem to give me the infos i need to decide

thx alot,

cheers

Word of Reflection or Word of War it would seem.
"
Well, my character does insane DPS now.. Only problem is that at level 90 I've got 4k HP and about 8k evasion, so I need to probably dump some of my DPS nodes into life nodes.

I get 100~ life from my quiver, 45~ from one of my rings, 80~ from my armor, 80~ from my belt, 65~ from my boots, 35~ from my amulet but it still doesn't seem like enough.

Also, this quiver is awesome.

Jealous. Gratz on the quiver.

Also, you can look for jewels with +% life as well. I made up some of my lack of +Life on gear with jewels.
Last edited by nEgativezEro89 on Mar 28, 2016, 4:40:46 PM
What gems should I get quality on?
Rarity: Rare
Rift Spike
Spike-Point Arrow Quiver
--------
Requirements:
Level: 57
--------
Item Level: 72
--------
Adds an additional Arrow
--------
33% increased Elemental Damage with Weapons
35% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
+43 to maximum Life
+44% to Fire Resistance
0.33% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Mana
+24% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
--------
Corrupted

Could I switch Chain for Increased Critical Strike with this Quiver? (I'm playing Deadeye with Ricochet)
Can anyone tell me the optimal 5l gems for la
"
Xevs wrote:
What gems should I get quality on?

The support gems are most important. Added Lightning Damage, Conc Effect, Weapon Elemental Damage, and Void Manipulation have quality bonuses that affect damage, so go for those first.
GMP and Chain have projectile speed, those are quality of life. Poison has increased duration, that's optional as well. Blast Rain itself has increased AoE, that one is kind of useful. Lightning Arrow however has increased chance to shock, you can neglect that entirely.

"
epidx wrote:
Can anyone tell me the optimal 5l gems for la

The gem setup Mathil listed is in order of importance. If you have a 4L, drop the last 2 gems, drop the last 1 for a 5L.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info