Mathil's Voltaxic Crit LA/Blast Rain - Cruise control the entire game. Uber Atziri Viable 2.2 ready

I dunno, maligaro's are still a reliable pair of gloves.

One thing i will say is that this build is very squishy even with BiS items, but makes it more fun in a way.

Any tips on increasing survivability a bit more? im thinking of just running rares for both boots and gloves to overcapp res and have more HP per slot, but other than that im not sure what i can do.
"
Gestrell wrote:
I dunno, maligaro's are still a reliable pair of gloves.

One thing i will say is that this build is very squishy even with BiS items, but makes it more fun in a way.

Any tips on increasing survivability a bit more? im thinking of just running rares for both boots and gloves to overcapp res and have more HP per slot, but other than that im not sure what i can do.

Personally I still prefer to take the full acrobatics tree. 40% Dodge and 30% Spell Dodge is quite helpful to avoid those big hits the end game.

Utilizing flasks like Basalt, Quartz, or Stibnite are also useful defensively.

More HP and capping resistances is always a good idea.

Also, looking at your profile, The Aspect of the Eagle/Lynx nodes aren't especially good for LA/BR since you aren't doing Physical damage. Arcing Blows (above Trickery in the Shadow area) is strong now as it both buffs all damage by boosting the Lightning, as well as providing damage penetration for the Lightning portion of the damage.

On the same note as Arcing Blows, Void Manipulation might not be the best choice in the 6L chain anymore. When 100% Lightning was converted to chaos it made more sense I think. Now the "more damage" only applies to 60% of the total instead of 100%, and the reduced hurts the 40% that's still Lightning with no benefit.
What 6L Blast Rain combo is best for 2.4 patch?
~A Women Can Change The World With A Single, Well-Placed Arrow~
How do you cruise control with no defenses?.. How do you dodge a dozen devourers spawning under your ass at the same time, or a few dozen monsters per square inch in a tight boss room with no room to maneuver?.. Especially with a bow, no whirling blades, no speed. no mobility..
Spoiler
Is there any reason not to use Frenzy over Lightning Arrow on standard leagues? I get that Lightning Arrow has a chance to hit up to 3 mobs near the impact (which is very helpful for high HP mobs like Rock Golems) and at least on my build my Life Leech % goes from 1.6% to 0.4% with Frenzy, however Frenzy gives a *lot* more DPS, far higher attack speed (useful for mobility purposes) and most importantly removes any need to run Blood Rage (something that has gotten me killed a few times) or Frenzy single target for Frenzy Charges.

My DPS went from 55k (level 18, 20% LA) to 63k (level 20, 0% Frenzy) with max charges. DPS on Frenzy has improved with level 6-7, 20%. I'd say that if that DPS increase doesn't make the less clear speed irrelevant

EDIT: For those wondering, as I mentioned the "splash damage" of LA is useful for high HP mobs (or just on maps with difficult mods) however as far as clear speed goes dropping Frenzy in LA's place is mostly about the same. The added Leech from LA is also useful for a very small amount of mobs (Undying Aristocrats comes to mind) that gank you preventing you from hitting a large pack, so LA is far more useful in those situations.
Last edited by Niall on Sep 27, 2016, 7:59:45 PM
Few days ago i managed to kill Phoenix Guardian with this build. But i don't know it's viable to kill another guardians or even Shaper itself... I don't have another guardians maps to test it. And btw what's better to use for single target - Blast Rain or Barrage?
Maybe now it's good to use Rupture...?
Last edited by Undriuz on Sep 28, 2016, 1:52:57 AM
"
ipokenc wrote:
"
Zarge911 wrote:
So what setup are people running now? I'm stuck at 5.7k Blast rain dps (BR - Poison - Conc - Slow proj - crit chance), anyone got any suggestions?

Mathil went Blast Rain - WED - Conc effect - added lightning dmg - crit strikes - faster attacks this league

Hi, I have one question.
Is Master Harbalist still useful on this setup?
Thank you.
My Gear:

Tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAICAABeAx4FLQceCC4NjQ5ID6sRLxGBEZYT2hVDFr8ZihmOGdcfQSF2I9Mj9iSLJP0mlSoLKjguUzBxMHwx-jY9N9Q51DpCQzFHfklRSn1LV0t4TP9Nkk4qUUdVS1b6Whpbr13yX7BgQ2HiYqxjp2VNbIxtbG49bydvnm_ycFJ07XXLdvd3B311fyuDCYTFhs6HE4d2idOMNo19jX6Nv49gkAqTlZUulwaaapuNm7WcpJ2qoJ-tM63Cr-uxAbVIt7a74702voC-p8DjwTPDM8M6xKLKSs9e02_TftQj2rHawd1G3ajjn-dU6b3qYutj7T_tg-4O73rwu_DV8bP8xf66_94=?accountName=Undriuz&characterName=Amaeruiel
"
Undriuz wrote:
My Gear:

Tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAICAABeAx4FLQceCC4NjQ5ID6sRLxGBEZYT2hVDFr8ZihmOGdcfQSF2I9Mj9iSLJP0mlSoLKjguUzBxMHwx-jY9N9Q51DpCQzFHfklRSn1LV0t4TP9Nkk4qUUdVS1b6Whpbr13yX7BgQ2HiYqxjp2VNbIxtbG49bydvnm_ycFJ07XXLdvd3B311fyuDCYTFhs6HE4d2idOMNo19jX6Nv49gkAqTlZUulwaaapuNm7WcpJ2qoJ-tM63Cr-uxAbVIt7a74702voC-p8DjwTPDM8M6xKLKSs9e02_TftQj2rHawd1G3ajjn-dU6b3qYutj7T_tg-4O73rwu_DV8bP8xf66_94=?accountName=Undriuz&characterName=Amaeruiel

Hi
Vinktar is useful on deadeye?
I choose pathfinder and use vinktar, but i think going to deadeye now.
"
kid_a_444 wrote:
"
Undriuz wrote:
My Gear:

Tree:

Hi
Vinktar is useful on deadeye?
I choose pathfinder and use vinktar, but i think going to deadeye now.

Yes it's useful.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info