Mathil's Voltaxic Crit LA/Blast Rain - Cruise control the entire game. Uber Atziri Viable 2.2 ready

I have a question for those playing this build:

How is your survivability on higher tiered maps (T10+)? It seems the builds runs on really little life and evasion isnt really the best defense either, so how does it stack up against more defensive oriented builds?
"
FelFelFel wrote:
I have a question for those playing this build:

How is your survivability on higher tiered maps (T10+)? It seems the builds runs on really little life and evasion isnt really the best defense either, so how does it stack up against more defensive oriented builds?

I was on 5.4K life in THC with 3x 7% life jewels. I had 17K dps on LA with a 5L

I ran up to T12 maps without coming close to dieing ever, since everything dies before u see it even. U can spam LA en things die 1 or 2 screens away from u.

I just died at lvl 90 because meh :D Did a precinct with 2 damage mods and nemesis on rares. Got jumped buy a volatile flameblood as he died and his initial hit + the explosion one shot me :-)

my gear was, with 3 jewels with % lightning dmg, 7% hp and attackspeed:
Pm me on forums or ingame: Chickenlal
Last edited by Chickenlal on Jan 14, 2016, 5:53:19 AM
"
ThorWulf wrote:
What do you guys think about dropping the GMP and LA gem?
Change them for split arrow and faster attacks.
Since this build has almost no physical damage it won't hurt much.
The outcome should be a wider aoe (but area from LA will be gone) and more dps since you don't get the penalty from GMP.

Maybe even take out chain and use the new Rigwald quiver for a free fork without damage penalty?

the idea of using LA is not the phys conversion, its to create maximum AOE coverage and voltaxic makes that AOE unreflectable.

LA generates significantly more hits and has much better AOE coverage. Split arrow has 2 more arrows at the cost of 3 fewer hits per arrow (LA creates 4 hits - the initial + 3 aoe hits).

Chain is better AOE coverage than free fork, absolutely.

"
gingertonic wrote:
"
ThorWulf wrote:
The outcome should be a wider aoe (but area from LA will be gone) and more dps since you don't get the penalty from GMP.

Maybe even take out chain and use the new Rigwald quiver for a free fork without damage penalty?

the idea of using LA is not the phys conversion, its to create maximum AOE coverage and voltaxic makes that AOE unreflectable.

LA generates significantly more hits and has much better AOE coverage. Split arrow has 2 more arrows at the cost of 3 fewer hits per arrow (LA creates 4 hits - the initial + 3 aoe hits).

Chain is better AOE coverage than free fork, absolutely.

Chain for inc crit or multiplier?
FatherFakener (Trickster Fakener CI)
Severne_I (LowLife Fakener)
Severne_II (Inquisitor Crit Life Storm Caller)
MCLMXXXVIII (Champion Oro's Flicker)
"
alvuimil wrote:

ur LA / Blast tooltip?

Currently 12.8k 5L Blast rain / 11k 5L LA selfbuffed 5 PCs. I still have to optimize my jewels, get q on most gems etc. Tooltip is really low and not at all reflecting the true damage this build does IMO.

"

In general: any thoughs swapping CHAIN for other thing?

Yeah. Don't. Seriously chain is what makes your AoE so amazing.
Last edited by therealjcool on Jan 14, 2016, 11:17:49 AM
pretty low dmg actually, with my windripper i got 47k dps, full buffed around 100k la
You can't compare Windripper and Voltaxic tooltips. And mine is a tanky HC char with twice the HP (ES) pool of what people tend to run in SC, and it's only 5L. No Bloodrage, no Frenzies, no Maligaros or Rat's Nests :P Considering all that the DPS is great, believe me :)
Hey guys

can someone tell me what is the best stats dps for jewel please ?

thx
Could someone please help me upgrade my gear? I am lvl 79 and only have 20k LA 19kish blast rain. I don't understand how you are all getting to 60k and above. Thanks in advance I don't have flasks yet either if that is a problem?
"
gingertonic wrote:
"
ThorWulf wrote:

There are some good reasons to use Split Arrow over Lightning Arrow. SA has a lower mana cost, it's less of a strain on older computers, it has a more accurate tooltip dps, and clear speeds are, in my experience, pretty similar. The gem setups use the same socket colors, so it's easy enough to test it out for yourself and see which one you prefer.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info