Pohx's Poison Trapper. 1 Shots Bossses 6k+ HP HC/SC/Atziri/Vinktar Map Viable

"
openallhours wrote:
I've been doing this build in SC Talisman and loving it. This is a build that I really want to take to lvl 90 and beyond.

Almost to lvl 81 and heading into mid range maps (well when I eventually get more dropped only been getting T6 a few T7's even got T9 and T10 finally to drop.)

My current gear:
Spoiler

Currently saving for a lightning coil and stock piling jewellers/fusing to try and 6l it. Also need to craft or buy a decent lightning Res ring as well...

Only thing different in my build is I am using blasphemy+enfeeble. Took Me a while to get it right but took mana regen node (shaper), charisma and first node in the influence. I only occasionally have to mana pot now but still rely on Rallying cry to aid in mana regen as well.

Haven't taken phase acrobatics I do have acrobatics not sure I will keep it once I get coil as that armour will be cut back by it.

Looking forward to getting in to higher maps and taking this build further.

Edit: I just checked Pohx's set up for blade fall and I noticed he's dropped multi-trap for AoE. Anyone know when he did this? Might give it ago see what its like.

Cheers
OpenAllHours

21/20 bladefall but you could probably do it whenever
Last edited by Pohx on Jan 12, 2016, 3:09:21 PM
so nice to find a poison bladefall build here ;p
ive run this build in talisman since i got a kitchen knife.

here re my items
Spoiler

and passives
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYABbUGcAZ3Bx4OSA-rES8RlhXtFr8b4B9bIuIj9iSLJpUqTSsKMHEwfDGeMhgzeDWSNj031DpCOuE_J0fiSVFKyEt4TZJN406fUUdRTFMxVL1W-lltXEBd8l-YX7Bh4mKsZKpqNmqMbAhsjG06bqpwUXX9en97DXvDfVt_K4RvhMWIW4qvjX2Nv4_6kA2QEZUuloubhpu1naqi2aQ5plesR7ALsNizA7TFtUi18rd1wuzDOsgUykrPMtQj1ELVLtW51orWvthU2L3b592o5zropOjV62PsGO0_7hXw1fGK8kX1b_4K_o8=?accountName=tb199255&characterName=Chillipepper_AlsoFruit

for me.ive solve the mana problem by picking up 10 mana gain on kill point ,which helps a lot.
ive also get a coruppted version of southbound glove which have curse on hit save me a lot of mana reserve.
its better than blasphemy coz of the radius.

btw ;p i think this build is better than fire to chaos poison rain ;p

cheers
This is a great Build, im loving it!
Have been using this for prob a week now; i started the league using a PA (caustic arrow) scion (which used to be really good last season), even with a +3bow with 6 links and 20/20 gems and 3 empower it sucks with the massive nerf it got with last patch.

Anyway, i made a character following your build, but i made a few changes to adjust it to my playstyle.

-Replaced the flame dash/faster cast with Whirling blades/faster attacks since im using a dagger; and i really hate the cooldown thing in flame dash
-Added some extra mana and mana regen on ring and started using a low level (just 9) clarity to sustain mana (i hardly hit my mana pot), my mana regen is 54 which is enough to keep dropping traps since i have to wait for the trap's cooldown anyway
-Corrupted some southboud until i got temporal chains on hit (i was aiming for vulnerability on hit but TC works really good for now, will try corrupting more gloves later to get vuln)
-In the CWDT setup i use molten shell which adds some extra armour after u get hit, currently running level 9 CWDT and it still triggers when i get hit casting molten shell and immortal call which are also linked to increased duration.
-I am currrently using flame golem but im thinking about replacing it with rallying cry (which wont cast when cwdt trigger because it is not a spell gem, so i dont see why u kept that only at level 10)
-I drop acrobatics, it received a big nerf back in 1.3.0

My gear

Current Tree

Currently im level 88 with 5.3k life, 22k evasion and 1.8k armour
From Orlando, FL, U.S.
Last edited by HernanCCS on Jan 13, 2016, 8:52:29 AM
"
tb199255 wrote:

here re my items
Spoiler

and passives
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYABbUGcAZ3Bx4OSA-rES8RlhXtFr8b4B9bIuIj9iSLJpUqTSsKMHEwfDGeMhgzeDWSNj031DpCOuE_J0fiSVFKyEt4TZJN406fUUdRTFMxVL1W-lltXEBd8l-YX7Bh4mKsZKpqNmqMbAhsjG06bqpwUXX9en97DXvDfVt_K4RvhMWIW4qvjX2Nv4_6kA2QEZUuloubhpu1naqi2aQ5plesR7ALsNizA7TFtUi18rd1wuzDOsgUykrPMtQj1ELVLtW51orWvthU2L3b592o5zropOjV62PsGO0_7hXw1fGK8kX1b_4K_o8=?accountName=tb199255&characterName=Chillipepper_AlsoFruit

for me.ive solve the mana problem by picking up 10 mana gain on kill point ,which helps a lot.
ive also get a coruppted version of southbound glove which have curse on hit save me a lot of mana reserve.

cheers

Looks like you have hit on a lot of the same ideas as me!
After much fiddling with supports, I have settled on multi trap and conc effect. Best combination of damage + aoe cover/ease of targeting. It does look like conc double dips whereas controlled destruction doesn't. I'm levelling an added chaos to see how that fares too, but doubt it is optimal (Unless they change how poison works).
Hitting all of a large pack with multiple traps does seem to help stack poison on rares in the middle too.
I also took the thrill killer cluster, it's not vital but really helps QoL. I took the whole cluster, but mainly because I thought you needed to take all of the nodes! The % mana and the extra +5 helps though. Might keep it, depending how I do with points.

One idea I did have was using an inspired learning jewel, then could take thrill killer, master of force, unstable munitions and the chaos notables (I think it stretches that far). Don't think it's really worth it though, master of force not that good, and you probably want to take all the unstable munitions cluster anyway.

Curse on hit is nice, but I'd rather make sure things are cursed before I hit them (Once I've hit them, most things are dead anyway!)

I kind of like your tree, I was wondering why you seemed to have a lot more points to use than me, then realised you skip the revenge of the hunted cluster. Might be worth a try, I can grab more jewel sockets then. The %eva isn't really needed, I have a pretty nice evasion base anyway with a good roll Hyrri's and a decent eva shield, and it isn't a hugely efficient life cluster.

Growth and decay isn't hugely efficient either, but I feel the life regen might sometimes save me from degen, especially as I hardly have any chaos resist. I might try speccing out of it again though.

Still not taken with the expeditious munitions cluster though - is trap trigger and throw speed that much of a help? Maybe I just don't know what I'm missing, but think I'd rather have another jewel or go to the Hired Killer cluster. My traps do come out quite slow though...

My big difference I've seen from other people's builds is the fact I use a the unique t3 talisman Natural Hierarchy. It's hard to work out how much damage it is giving me, as Pohx mentioned, it doesn't really show on tooltip. It takes a fair bit of wrangling with stats and losing out on life to equip it too. I think it's worthwhile though.

Anyway, build is still going great, lvl 89 (Should be 90 already but I pig headedly kept ripping in a brutal excavation boss room, normally no trouble on those bosses).
Best Boss killer I have played in a long time (Probably since Puncture was OP) and Atziri is a cakewalk. Possibly one of the best early atziri runners if you can get hold of a jaws of agony quickly (Although trash clearing might be the issue before bladefal levels and no bino).
Still not dinged lvl 20 on gems yet, hopefully will get a lucky vaal too. Unfortunately forgot to level many spare copies again though.

"
tb199255 wrote:

here re my items
Spoiler

and passives
Spoiler

cheers

Quick update - Almost at lvl 92 now,and all my gems at lvl 20 (managed to get lvl 21 bear trap but not bladefall yet)
Made a bit of a change, dropped the natural hierarchy talisman for a stats/life amulet (Not a good one, need to find a nice one) so I could wear a doedres damming for an extra curse - much cheaper this way than trying to get a +1 curse ammy.
Running dual blasphemy curses (Wouldn't really recommend until lvl 90ish, you don't need it earlier plus you will struggle with mana). Temp chains + enfeeble for tricky maps, vulnerability for easyier ones, or if there is physical resist/enfeeble.

This gearing lets me swap out the damming for a resist/life ammy on ele weakness maps for overcapped resists if needed, or just on curse resist maps.
Once levelled I might switch to a 4l curse setup so I can run enhance - really effective with enfeeble on an evasion character. Would need to drop lightning trap or vaal grace though.

Corrupted a pair of atziri steps too for 4% dodge, so now at 54/56% plus about 15k evasion.

Still very strong and safe (Though I did just rip through my own stupidity at 90% to lvl 92). Clearing tier14/15s no problem (Apart from core bosses - but no surprise there).

Another quick update.
Hit lvl 92 now and i've dropped one of the Thriller Killer mana nodes, and a life node to take the Hex Master cluster - if I'm going dual curse I might as well maximise on it.
Curses have been moved into 4l on my southbounds as well, plan is to use enhance with them as soon as it levels (I did try and use inc aoe, but it reserved all of my mana!). Once I do I'll have to drop the vaal lightning trap as I'm out of links. Might need to get another mana passive though, really need at least enough mana left for 2 succesive bladefall traps.

I'm also going to try and get a +1 gems on the southbounds. Southbounds are cheap enough, but costs a bit in chromes for each try.

Dual curse on Blasphemy is great, you just need to remember to be a bit more careful on curse immune maps (And stay clear of village ruin bosses...)
I've safely cleared twinned Abyss and Colosseum maps with pretty nasty mods with the build and a few 140+ corrupt t13/14s. Just need to get some more as my map pool has run dry.
hi all

i'm using a ming, but i can't decide if the 20% extra chaos damage is worth the life loss.

what do you think?

(i'm in sc, not hc)
also, what's your tooltip dps?

"
How does this build hold up in high lvl maps? Does it do well in Tier 12+? I want a new character and I want something to do Atziri with. Also, I only play HC. Not new to the game, but never played a trap build, other than using firetrap for leveling. Considering how easy you melted Atziri, Im definitely interested if I can high lvl map as well.

t12 and t13 maps were an easy and fast walk as my lvl 87 trapper in THC with this build, haven't gone further though, i'm just trying some builds with accumulated currency for now :) But i would reccomend it any day for atziri and high tier maps.
"
How does this build hold up in high lvl maps? Does it do well in Tier 12+? I want a new character and I want something to do Atziri with. Also, I only play HC. Not new to the game, but never played a trap build, other than using firetrap for leveling. Considering how easy you melted Atziri, Im definitely interested if I can high lvl map as well.

not a t12, but today i did a twinned malformation with vuln, minus max, and other mods that i don't remember.

the two piety didn't had the time to cast their red rays cause they got melted in 2sec.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info