Templar Glacial Hammer Build (WIP)

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUABLMGOQxfFm8XLxo4HKcdFCSqJy8wlzKJMtE1kjbpOYo64TwFPC09D0PIRUdG108ET31RYFOlVdZX4lnzW6Bk52aeaPJxhXIPcql35XwOfLt82X31fseAVoCkgpuDX4PMjHaPRpBVm6Gdrp8-ogCnCKdVrKqxQrcxtz7AZsT2xq7YveFz42rli-vu7SDvfPAf8kXzBvMR9zL52_rS-6r-Cg==?accountName=B3njay&characterName=eXaninusIijneBMy tree.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/B3njay/characters What my Char's wearing.
Ok so to clarify most people assume to find glacial hammer to be an underwhelming skill. Ever since the recent updates and tweaks I have found a new love for this skill. So far this character is in merciless so I figured it be post worthy. Also this is my first post.

Offense
To start my Glacial Hammer is linked with multistrike, melee splash and hypothermia. I also plan to additionally link it with ice bite since it grants additional freeze chance and gaining frenzy charges would help increase this builds dps.

Other things that would enhance the dmg is that I use Herald of Ice to further increase the dps and spread the dmg across mobs as I shatter them to bits.

Another thing I should note is that I use the Glacial Hammer's in hand pseudo culling strike as it says it will shatter enemies if they are frozen and at 1/3 of their health total.

Not only that but I also run a curse ,Frostbite, which I have converted to an aura with Blasphemy since this would further increase my freezing chance and deal more cold dmg and also I'm pretty much at melee range at all times so enemy's that are close would be affected any way.

To put the "ice"ing on the cake, I also run vaal cold snap to handle enemies surrounding me and since I deal more dmg to frozen due to the Templars elemental dmg node Celestial Punishment this definitely helps. Now with this its a little bit gimmicky since I don't essentially plan on casting vaal cold snap but make it a cast on something instead but so far its kind of working.

Defense
For this character it was rather weird since I wanted him to be a armor and es character but instead I'm slowly converting this character to a mono armor character. Since this character is going to be mono armor I decided to focus on life total which I believe atm he is just about 2,300 life.

Things that I use for defensive sweeps is of course a shield since its op on Templar with their shield nodes.

For defensive skills, I use shield tempest linked with increased duration to have some chances of negating blows and to deal dmg and to make shield tempest last longer betweem packs of mobs. I also use molten shell with increased cast speed to make it easier to recast in combat and to just have some free additional armor and dmg.

To further contribute to my defenses I also use Vigilant Strike and Enduring Cry to maintain fortify and become tanky at the same time. Not only that but I also use Arctic Armour and Chaos Golem for physical damage reduction.

If things were to get to risky for this cold build I also use Immortal Call with Cast When Damage Taken for big threats and I use Flame Dash if things get to heated and to GTFO or move quicker.

(Pseudo Offense)+Defense
Since I run shields as a defensive method I decided to why not further increase my defense effectiveness by giving it damaging capabilities. So I also run reckoning and riposte as an oomph to have some more dmg.

Potions
Now this is totally my personal preference but I use 3 Life flasks since I do want to be more safe than sorry and a Granite Flask with an additional Armour bonus as well as a hybrid as a last resort if for whatever reason I run out of mana and/or out of life flasks.

Overview
In short this build focuses on using Glacial Hammer as its main use of damage by being able to burst crowds of mobs quickly by crowd controlling (freezing) them, then shattering them with Glacial Hammer's pseudo cull while being able to take hits with many defensive sweeps.

Keep in mind this is a work in progress so things are subsequent to change.

And do let me know what you think. This is my first build that I've posted so I'm proud of it so far.
Last edited by B3njay on Jan 2, 2016, 11:57:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info