[2.1] Physical Siege Ballista; Inexpensive; Atziri Viable

I disliked totem builds before 2.1, but saw some videos and siege ballista seemed interesting. It exceeded my expectations and it does excellent damage. It's not expensive. I have made iron grip and point blank archers before and figured it would work well for siege ballista. Point blank got a massive buff and now only deals up to 50% less damage as opposed to 100% less damage the farther the projectile travels prior to 2.1. Having to use a mana potion makes me sad though.

Required and Recommended Unique Gear
Required:

Recommended:

Leveling
I leveled as a two handed infernal blow as I wanted to test melee splash. If you use a bow, you need lioneye's fall. Put it into the duelist slot and get point blank and iron grip as soon as possible. You want to switch to siege ballista at exactly 66 so make sure you pick up totemic zeal, ironwood, and totemic mastery. Don't forget to put in Rain of Splinters. Farm dried lake until 75 or 80.

Bandits
Oak, attack speed or kill all, endurance charge

Defenses
Avoid taking damage. You should almost always be moving unless you are casting totems. Keep your endurance charges up at all times. Lightning Coil and/or Taste of Hate are nice to have.

Gems
Main:
Or

Auras: Hatred, Herald of Ash
Other links: Enduring Cry, Frenzy, Summon Flame Golem or Chaos Golem, Temporal Chains, Vaal Haste and Increased Duration. Put them all on blood magic.

Gearing
Weapon
or high attack speed and phys
Body Armour
Best Choices: Lightning Coil, Belly of the Beast Other: Daresso's Defiance, Hyrri's Ire, Restless Ward, or Tabula Rasa
Helmet
Maybe get dex or int if you need it.
Gloves
Physical damage and Attack speed highly recommended. Dexterity if you need it.
Boots
Get dex if you need it. At least 25% movement speed.
Belt
Rustic, leather, or heavy. Reduced flask charges are nice to have.
Rings
Recommend: Physical attack damage and/or attack speed
Amulet
Recommend: Physical Damage, Dexterity, all attributes (need some int as well)
Potions
Recommend: Taste of Hate

Mapping
Avoid if possible: Chain, phys reflect. If you have to do chain maps, make sure you keep your distance from your totems.

Take off hatred on ele reflect maps. You could probably do the other map mods.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info