"The OblivionWhipper" 2.1 CI chaos flamesurge 7- 11k ES 400-600 ES regen

The OblivionWhipper Build

This build uses The Consuming Dark unique to turn the fire damage from flamesurge into chaos damage. It has a huge ES pool and invests in life regen, ES, Chaos damage, Area damage, Area radius and spell damage.

Gear
This is only an example of gear.

Weapon
This is what enables us to use chaos damage.

Chest:

Any high ES gear, preferably a 500+ Vaal regalia.

I'm currently using this one:

If you skip using arctic armour and pick up more mana regen from your tree and gear, you could use an Infernal Mantle instead to gain higher Dps.

Helmet

I suggest you try to get at least 250 ES on the helmet.

Gloves

Voidbringers require Elreon rings and extremely high mana regen in order to run properly, but gives you a decent amount of ES and crit chance as well as ES on kill.

These are a pair of fairly bad gloves that im currently using.

Boots

Rainbowstrides are good and cheap ES boots that give you a lot of resistances and movement speed. Higher ES boots are optional but useful.

Shield

I recommend a high ES amount and resistances for the shield.

Amulet and rings

These rings are bad but this build doesn't require good rings. if you want to use cold skills instead of Fire skills, i recommend using a Pyre Ring.

Otherwise i recommend getting elemental resistances, ES, mana regen and (optionally) rarity.

Belt

An Auxium is optimal but since i don't have one, im just using this for the resistances:

Gem Links

6L:

In a 5L, use either controlled destruction or concentrated effect for the fifth socket.

4L nr 1:

4L nr 2:

4L nr 3:i haven't figured out what i want here yet.

3L:

Last edited by xamik on Dec 31, 2015, 9:44:41 PM
Best build ever
it truly is, isn't it? i worked hard on it :P

Last edited by xamik on Dec 31, 2015, 9:31:48 PM
I think he meant that ironically :P Since with flamesurge + conc effect as your only skill, your single target damage is great but you lack any Kind of AoE, which should make for pretty horrible clearspeed, unless going in a party where you can just focus on rares/bosses.
I suggest putting a firestorm Setup in your free 4l. This gives you an AoE skill to clear maps with when you are alone.
i knew that he meant it ironically. he wrote it before i posted the complete build and all that existed in this post was the title.

As for the setup. I invested a lot in area radius from the tree and realised that i could get a quite good AoE even if i used conc effect, However if i want to get a higer AoE i can siply replace conc with an 18% lvl 19 inc AoE i have lying around in my stash. in the last 4l i have thought of having a firestorm and i have started leveling a firestorm gem for this purpose.
I tried a similar build in 2.0 but soon realized I couldn't get flamesurge to have a decent AoE even with AoE gem and all the nodes. IMO the use of firestorm or another AoE skill is mandatory. WHich is sad really, as I wanted to make a pure RF/flamesurge character. The single target dps was of course amazing, with RF giving me essentially 100% more damage on flame surge + RFs own damage. but then I just couldn't clear maps in a reasonable amount of time.

Another tip: Use searing bond/Fire trap/whatever to make tough bosses burn, increasing your flame surge DPS by 50%.

i agree on the amazing single target dps. im even having trouble completing the vorici missions where you keep the enemy at low life for 10s.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info