[2.2] RichJMoney's Chaos Bladefall Budget Build. "MingPep's Heart Rage of Defiance"

Fun character!

Died at level 75 (map boss was hidden in a big pack) and the remake at level 79 (I'm a noob and tried a reflect map, killed myself on an Allies Cannot Die pack). Will probably remake it in the next league.

The Daresso's, 7 Endurance charges and CWDT combine well. I found the Ming's life penalty to be pretty harsh, it's not only costing you 15% life, but also what you would have had in that slot instead. So switching made around 500 life difference for me. I went with 1 ring. Sometimes kept the second on in my inventory to switch to in chaos-heavy areas.

The first time I had troubles getting enough Dex to level Bladefall, so for the remake I stopped the passives at Bloodless and grabbed some dex-stuff behind Barrier first, to Blood Drinker, before I got Golem's Blood and Vigour. Like this: http://poeurl.com/wxI

For Blood Magic, it felt like as soon as you get Daresso's and the regen per endurance charge passive, it's easy to keep up. When you switch to 2x Apep's, it's almost required.

I used Flametotem in Night's Hold during levelling. Great addition, both defensively (because it distracts and blinds mobs) and offensively. Somewhere after level 70 the totem's damage couldn't keep up and I switched to a good amulet. To replace the role of the totem I got Spell Totem + Wither + Faster Casting instead. Helped a little, but is not as much defensive help as the blinding flame totem. At least Wither's DPS increase will be much better when they fix the Wither damage bonus (atm it only helps your DoT, not the upfront chaos damage).

BTW, I never used Hatred on either character, Clear Mind was a better solution and better for my mana (or life, with Blood Magic).
Where do you get all the int to get to 212 for apep? I don't see it on your gear and no nodes taken in tree with int.

Edit: nevermind. Just found a fertile mind gem. Is that the best way?
Last edited by Aevaris on Feb 18, 2016, 10:38:49 PM
Ok, I now have to say this build is legitimately awesome. Most powerful build i've ever played, and I played CoC Discharge.

Do you think this has any opportunities for improvement in Ascendancy or do we have to wait and see how badly they nerf bladefall?
Patchnotes are released! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1596094

"
Bladefall had a bug that caused its damage per volley reduction to apply too early, reducing the damage of the first four stages. This has been fixed, which has raised its damage. To compensate, Bladefall's damage has been reduced by 25% at all levels. Bladefall now does 6% less damage per stage (up from 5%). Its damage effectiveness has been reduced from 120% to 90%.

Sounds like they meant for this to not be a nerf of buff.

"
The Poison support gem's mana multiplier has been increased from 125% to 135%. It now has 0.5% poison duration per quality (down from 1%). It has 0% increased Poison Damage at gem level 1 (down from 25%) and gains 2% per gem level (down from 5%).

This one sounds terrible. The damage bonus used to go from 25% to 125%, now it goes from 0% to 40%. Which mean all bonuses from Apep's and Ming's scale a lot less.

But the amount of damage of this build was so big, I don't know if this nerf is terrible, or if I'll barely notice. What do you guys think?
Hi Rich!

About to start a character based on this build in the Perandus Softcore League, I was wondering if instead of Dual Apep's Rage I could use the Darkscorn bow instead? 25% of Phys -> Chaos then 25% Phys taken as Chaos, and since we'll be running 2x Ming's Heart I think it's gonna be pretty decent damage mitigation? Also, what would you take with the Ascendancy points? I was thinking maybe the Marauder Berserker and Ranger Raider? Also, do you think it's worth maybe running a Herald or Aura with the new Essence Worm Unset Ring?

Thanks in advance!
Method to Madness.
"
Hi Rich!

About to start a character based on this build in the Perandus Softcore League, I was wondering if instead of Dual Apep's Rage I could use the Darkscorn bow instead? 25% of Phys -> Chaos then 25% Phys taken as Chaos, and since we'll be running 2x Ming's Heart I think it's gonna be pretty decent damage mitigation? Also, what would you take with the Ascendancy points? I was thinking maybe the Marauder Berserker and Ranger Raider? Also, do you think it's worth maybe running a Herald or Aura with the new Essence Worm Unset Ring?

Thanks in advance!

Darkscorn is just a conversion, it doesn't actually add any damage so it's pretty much giving up all of the benefits of apep's rage for nothing.

Berserker and Slayer or Raider is the way to go. And I wouldn't drop a Ming's for a herald. Ming's is % scaling that also scales into poison whereas a herald is flat elemental that doesn't affect the poison at all.
CharanJaydemyr:some people need to really rethink how they spend their money....I will trash this item if I ever find it on principle...I've seen much cleverer "troll" items get turned down, so I guess GGG gave up trying to enforce that one. Not GGG's finest hour.
poeurl.com/bD4E
"
jjwa wrote:
Patchnotes are released! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1596094

"
Bladefall had a bug that caused its damage per volley reduction to apply too early, reducing the damage of the first four stages. This has been fixed, which has raised its damage. To compensate, Bladefall's damage has been reduced by 25% at all levels. Bladefall now does 6% less damage per stage (up from 5%). Its damage effectiveness has been reduced from 120% to 90%.

Sounds like they meant for this to not be a nerf of buff.

"
The Poison support gem's mana multiplier has been increased from 125% to 135%. It now has 0.5% poison duration per quality (down from 1%). It has 0% increased Poison Damage at gem level 1 (down from 25%) and gains 2% per gem level (down from 5%).

This one sounds terrible. The damage bonus used to go from 25% to 125%, now it goes from 0% to 40%. Which mean all bonuses from Apep's and Ming's scale a lot less.

But the amount of damage of this build was so big, I don't know if this nerf is terrible, or if I'll barely notice. What do you guys think?

Berserker gives you a global damage multiplier (double dipping) and an extra link (no more Life Leech Gem), I think this build will be fine.
CharanJaydemyr:some people need to really rethink how they spend their money....I will trash this item if I ever find it on principle...I've seen much cleverer "troll" items get turned down, so I guess GGG gave up trying to enforce that one. Not GGG's finest hour.
poeurl.com/bD4E
Updated with some 2.2 info. New tree is 265% life, Berserker/Slater (or raider) for tons of damage, cast speed and free leech (opening up a new 6th link)
poeurl.com/bD4E
New tree ain't working.
Anyone plays a similar Build like this right now ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info