[2.1][Cheap] Kas's Dual-wield rapier Wild striker 100k dps without charges.

Hi! I had some public party members saying they really liked my build, so I thought I'd make a build description :)

This is also a "Gimme feecback on my build" type thread, so please, tell me if I made some stupid decisions!

I've always liked the elemental hit skill, but it never was usable for anything except drain your mana, so when wild strike came out in awakening, I was ecstatic!
I love the concept, and played one the entire league. I was repeatedly told to switch to reave for more damage and clear speed, but I just liked it to much to listen to them, and now, with the latest patch, its even more amazing!

We got 10% flat increased damage at all levels.
We got 2 additional freezing pulses
We got more chains on the arc
And we got increased aoe from the fire explosion

Defensive and offensive tab

With jade flask.

Pros

- Really quick clear speed
- Shocks and freezes everything
- Can do any map mod except No leech and Blood magic (or maybe even that, havnt tried)

Cons

- Go evasion they said, Its viable they said!
- You'll die to random 1 shots
- Most bosses will be to tough in group
- The new blood rage with only 25% chance to get frenzy is harsh in party. You cant keep them up.

Required items

None really, but I'd recommend a defensive chest, like Lightning coil or Daresso's defiance.
And for those high numbers, a Rat's nest is awesome or you can get yourself a pair of Maligaro's virtuosity gloves your resistances are your limit. For even higher numbers you can do abyssus, but that's suicide haha.

Leveling

You can really level this build anyway you'd like, I personally leveled it as the melee its supposed to be :)
Redbeak, or generally any good weapon can be used. I used anything I could find and bought Lakishu's Blade and 28 and had loads of fun.
Wild strike is a lvl 28 gem so you'll have to use something else meanwhile. I used viper strike - Melee splash.

Mana can and will be an issue, so I early went for some mana leech. This can be respeced later when our Physical damage is higher and we dont need as much leech.

Until I got weapon elemental damage on my items (Rings, necks, belts and boots) The life leech from tree was enough to keep me alive against reflect. After that, I needed to add Life leech gem to not kill myself on ele reflects.

With Ele weapon damage as the 6th link I can touch 250k dps+ but, I'll 1 shot myself against ele reflect so I choose to stick with Life leech gem. The 6th link also increases you mana cost from 20ish to 27ish per cast, which means you need an additional 0.4% mana leech to sustain, which I gained from a jewel.

When you spec into Vaal Pact and when/if you pick a jewel slot is entirely up to you.

I played with a 4link until I managed to get a rare 5l at about lvl 60.
Changed out the rare 5l for a 5l Darressos's Defiance at lvl 65
I lucked out and 6linked my (first ever, whoho steam achievement) daresso at lvl 85.

Headsup!!!!
My build has very little life compared to the traditional melee build, I also lack life on 3 of my items and the items that have life are shitty rolls, like 50 on gloves and boots instead of 80, and only 20 on one of my rings, therefor I only have 3900 at lvl 93.

At round lvl 28 my tree looked like this:

30 Points
I tend to do as much highway as possible in lower levels, as highway in high levels sucks donkey balls.

At 50ish my tree was like this:
56 Points

And at 80:
90 points

And my current build at lvl 93:
113 point

Bandits:

Oak for HP
Oak for Physical Damage
Kraityn for Frenzy Charge

My current gear

My weapons:

I've aimed for High physical DPS and decent crit and as much multiplier as possible.

Jewlery:

Your main priority is to cap your resistances, after that Life and damage. I'm not a theory-crafting master so I dont know which helps more, flat phys or increased elemental damage, so I just got both :)
That amulet cost me 1 exalted orb and I love it to pieces! Sadly it has no life or resistances.

Armor:

Gloves and boots for as much resistance as possible so that I could get myself those yummy dps rings and amulet. The chest if for Dodge chance and the endurance charges, and leech is nice too! The rat's nest is for my high numbers.

Gems

Main setup (chest):
4l: Wild strike - Multi strike - melee physical - faster attacks/added fire
5l: Wild strike - Multi strike - melee physical - faster attacks - added fire
6l: Wild strike - Multi strike - melee physical - faster attacks - added fire - life leech

Head:
My vaal setup, with vaal cyclone:
4l: Vaal Cyclone - Melee physical damage - Faster Attacks - your pick between, life leech, gain on hit or some more damage.

Gloves:
CWDT setup and an aura:
CWDT (lvl 5) - Inc Dur - Immortal Call (lvl 7) - Hatred

Boots:
Movement:
Whirling blades (just keep this at lvl 1 since it doesnt matter) - Fortify - Blood magic -
Faster Attacks.

Weapon 1:
Blind - Vengance - Summon ice golem (He'll die a lot, but he helps the dps when hes alive)

Weapon 2:
Herald of ash - Increased duration - Blood rage (I hate when it runs out)

Flask:
1 Instant life flask
2 Slow/normal life flask to counter blood rage between packs
3 Your choice
4 Your choice
5 Your choice

You need to have atleast 2 effect removal on your flask, 1 for bleed removal and 1 for freeze removal. You can survive shock, ignite and curses, but not bleed and freeze.

Videos

Eventually!

WIP!
Last edited by Kasidoo on Dec 30, 2015, 2:51:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info