[2.1] Shimmering Destroyer - Facebreaker IB Marauder

Firstly, it's been a long time since I even posted a build, I've been playing on and off for ages and I've been fiddling with this guy since before The Awakening came out, but after adding a few new tricks I think it's fun enough to post the build (which is not TOO much astray from most other facebreaker builds)

So I started off using this guy because I got my hands on a pair of 949% breakers before the nerf, they were sitting in my stash and I really just wanted to try them out, so I used them as a leveling weapon.. and then never got rid of them.

At first I used Infernal Blow, then I switched to Ice Crash when it was implemented for a substantial DPS boost, now I'm back on IB because it was boosted in the recent patch (yay!) and I've managed to milk some more numbers out of my character now. Sorry no pics yet as I'm on a mobile device, but here's the stats.

Offense / Defense in Hideout (Hatred and Herald of Ash active only)
Spoiler
DPS: 62111
Life Leech 1.6%

Armour 18805
Damage Reduction 65%
Block 57%
Chance to Dodge 6%
Chance to Dodge Spells 16%
Resists 129 / 117 / 129 (Yeah this means not max, but I have permanent End charges)

Offense / Defense in the heat of combat (Max END / Frenzy charges, Onslaught, Blood Rage, Vaal Haste, Lion's Roar,. Tempest Shield, Fortify)
Spoiler
DPS 124332

Armour 26895
Damage Reduction 73%
Block 60%
Chance to Dodge 6%
Chance to Dodge Spells 16%

Now, I have a lot of stuff active that triggers when I'm damaged and when I attack, so it's hard to get a perfect count, although I've had my DPS hit 135k but at the cost of the defense gained from Fortify (will explain in the gems section)

GEAR
Spoiler

Obviously the meat of the build, the Facebreakers. Legacy ones are pricy now, so don't worry too much, a decent current pair will be fine.

For our head we need the Abyssus, since breakers benefit most from flat physical damage it's too hard to pass up. Don't worry about the negatives, our defense is still incredibly high.

For our armour we use Daresso's Defiance, high Armour value, life leech, and perma END charges, plus the bonus of onslaught when hit. You don't need a 6L I ran with a 5L for a long time

For the shield we use a Lioneyes, the high Armour value synergises well with the 'Increased Defenses from Shields' nodes on the passive tree, as well as providing life.

Use Atziri's Step if you can grab a pair, the spell damage dodge is great, you could also use a decent pair of life + resist boots, as there's another way to handle spell damage below.

Place one of these on your off hand, I use it to switch to when facing high spell mobs or (mainly) bosses like Temple Piety, blocking spell damage helps a lot and it caps your resists. If you do this you can easily skip using Atziri's Step boots.

Meginords is a must due to that flat physical

You COULD try using a Great Old Ones Ward shield, that will boost DPS considerably however, kinda makes you a glass canon

For the rest of your gear, look for flay physical damage, life and resists.

FLASKS
You'll need two life flasks for a starter, and then

This will add a LOT of damage to your strikes as well as knockback and that 10% extra damage reduction.

Atziri's Promise will also be a good choice for flask number 4, I haven't tried one yet but since an Amethyst Flask is a must have, that DPS increase cannot be ignored.

PASSIVE TREE
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAAecEhwUtBTwGOQkzDPcUIBUgFewZtBo-GlUblxznIWApLimlLYMvzDJONug9Dz38QKBHfkh4TP9NRk99UEdRYFWpVw1YY18_YSFhUmLsZU1oWGoeajtqk26Xcql07XTxdn92rHk5eu97jHy4fNl-4H7igFaCB4TEhNmE74ZgidiMz49gj5mZK55Xns2fy6cwqZWsr62Nr6e2irkdvTa9gb6nwL_BgsT2xVPKkM9-0TbSIdZY15bZYdrB3DLiLORR6dXqGO8O8azyL_JB8pzzBvZI9zL3vvuq

It's pretty self explanatory, focus on life, armour, and block/shield nodes. If you decide not to use Fortify, skip the fortify boosting ring near the Duelist area, and put those points into life or armour. You can also use a DPS oriented jewel, like Martial Artistry, however I don't have one at present.

We (obviously) take Iron Reflexes, to add that evasion to armour, which works well with Atziri's Step and Daresso's Defiance. Resolute Technique is also a must.

Make SURE you get the mana leech nodes to the right of the Duelist starting area, above iron reflexes, getting them both gives us 0.8% mana leech, which is all we need.

GEMS
Spoiler
6L: Infernal Blow + Faster Attacks + Multistrike + Melee Splash + Melee Phbysical Damage + (6 - Fortify OR Added Fire Damage)
This should go on the chest (obviously) you could swap Fortify out as the sixth gem and use Added Fire Damage, it will boost your damage output a little but you will lose 25% damage reduction. Your call.
4L: Cast When Damage Taken (L12) + Tempest Shield + Blood Rage | Vaal Haste
4L: Summon Flame Golem + Minion Life | Herald of Ash | Punishment
3L: Reckoning + Added Fire Damage + (4 Physical to Lightning) | Hatred
If you like to can link PtL to Reckoning, it adds some DPS, but it's nowhere near essential
3L: Cast When Damage Taken (L1) - Immortal Call - Flame Dash

PLAY STYLE
Spoiler
The first CWdT will trigger IC and Flame Dash, which will teleport you to your cursor, since it's usually clicking mobs, it will make you seem to jump around the enemies. The second CWdT will trigger later giving you Tempest Shield for 3% extra block, and blood rage, which as long as you're killing will stay active.

I tried having Flame Dash manual, but it just works really well when getting damaged, to get you out of danger or just make you hard to hit.

Also I use Flame Golem for the Damage Boost effect, you could also use Chaos Golem if you like.

Infernal Blow demolishes mobs leaving a field of blood and bone and burning bodies from Herald of Ash, because it explodes them, necro's and corpse exploders don't stand a chance either. Physical reflect mobs don't bother me due to the high Armour rate, Elemental reflect does hurt, but not enough to kill me if I'm careful.

Reckoning will trigger every time you block (so 57-60% of the time) and deals around 12k damage on my character with a 20/20 added fire linked in. This makes it fun, I can stand in a mob on places like Dried Lake and not get hurt. They all just die.

As you kill, you will permanently have Fortify, END charges, frenzy charges, Blood Rage, Tempest Shield, and on some occasions onslaught. The only way I die is by getting 1 shot, which sadly, still happens, due to low health (all those uniques don't help) at 3.7k
I AM ERROR
Hi, most of the uniques have life, the problem is you only have 100% increased life on tree, that's low even for standard. You should have at least 140-150% to have a decent life pool playing on standard
For single target/bosses/Atziri?!?
And what about 5L chest. Lose Fortify? or something else?
And what is best in that jewel spot and the amu spot.
Last edited by crashbashl on Jan 6, 2016, 2:26:55 PM
is the thread dead?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info