0.9.5b Patch Notes

"Fixed the volume of the Water Elemental emerge sound."

oooo good, those things exploded in my ears o.O
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
"
BrecMadak wrote:
Actually i think this is intended to be done this way, otherwise there would left no value about them, obviously.

No it wasn't designed to be this way. What good is it as a lower level character, which at that point almost anything is better than what you currently have, to be unable to use any equipment you find due to not being able to even identify it.

Grinding out scrolls to identify your items during your first hour or so of game play is not fun. I had to do it when I started again after the new patch to ensure that I had an ample supply. It was very tedious to have a full inventory after moments of entering a zone, only to have no TP scrolls and to have to find a way point to get to town. Then to have to go back and collect all the junk I had to pass up earlier just so I could turn that in for a couple ID scrolls. This would reflect very poorly on a released product to a new player. I'm sure this wasn't intended. Chris and co realized this and that's why they are fixing it. If they still wanted you to work for them, I wouldn't mind if either the drop rate for TP scrolls was higher, or the exchange rate was better for items to ID shards.

flask's, u nerfed the flasks then nerf ranger multi arrow, so it costa bomb to cast... i kill a mob of 20 use all my pots (because multi arrow cost 20mana to use now and its one of our main spells) and after killing them all what do i get..i get back 1 and half life flasks.... seriously its this bad that its constantly attack run attack run, open portal to fill up on flasks, same again and again. having to go back to town every fight is just blehh. im not saying it shouldnt be harder but this is just silly.
Good stuff, need moar scrolls! :)
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
ya I also agree. the Scrolls drop rates are a little low and it does feel like playing d2 all over again. but hey its your guy's game. but i do like the sell option and its cool how we can get different veriety with currency items. also ya the flask are alot different attack and run pretty much does some it up. yes it made it harder just on normal difficulty i would hate to play the harder difficulties with these changes especially being a witch, so now i just put all my points into the mana passive skills and seperating the difference between the ranger and the witch really killed my old build but i hope this means that we will see the new character very soon.
rawrawr
Patch notes killed me in HC.

Damn you , Chris.

Damn you. :(

Well im glad that they are hotfixing some of the key issues taht occurred during the patch although i'd like them to change back the wording on those gems because they really didn't add much more info than they were before which just made them look messier. =/
Quit complaining about scroll drops, you can get them at vendors now.
"
demonik187 wrote:
"
BrecMadak wrote:
Actually i think this is intended to be done this way, otherwise there would left no value about them, obviously.

No it wasn't designed to be this way. What good is it as a lower level character, which at that point almost anything is better than what you currently have, to be unable to use any equipment you find due to not being able to even identify it.

It is, because you now have the option to buy scrolls, so this already becomes out of question in the first place.
"
demonik187 wrote:

Grinding out scrolls to identify your items during your first hour or so of game play is not fun. I had to do it when I started again after the new patch to ensure that I had an ample supply. It was very tedious to have a full inventory after moments of entering a zone, only to have no TP scrolls and to have to find a way point to get to town. Then to have to go back and collect all the junk I had to pass up earlier just so I could turn that in for a couple ID scrolls. This would reflect very poorly on a released product to a new player. I'm sure this wasn't intended. Chris and co realized this and that's why they are fixing it. If they still wanted you to work for them, I wouldn't mind if either the drop rate for TP scrolls was higher, or the exchange rate was better for items to ID shards.

I have not go back for the sake of having more id scrolls yet, and probably will not have any problem in future either. I can live with the current drop rate quite fine, which i find that it is how it must be. Just be more picky, and you will see that it is not that hard. As i'm involving in the same mechanic as you are in, you also should not be running out of any scrolls that easily, pretty unlikely as of me.
"
acrisius wrote:
Quit complaining about scroll drops, you can get them at vendors now.

Wish i'd see more people as truthful like you which is a very much needed especially after a fresh patch as of now.
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
Last edited by BrecMadak on Dec 23, 2011, 2:03:42 PM
Did you bother to read the patch notes? They're increasing the drop by 50% so apparently they know there's an issue. It has nothing to do with "whining" or "complaining", it has to do with informing GGG that their new vendor mechanic needs tweaking.
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
"
BrecMadak wrote:
"
Torin wrote:
"
BrecMadak wrote:
I'm really hoping that in one day we shall stop see any scroll drop rate changes in future.

It was in a moderate drop rate, somewhat valuable, now again raised. *Sigh*
Dealing with those criers all the time should be so painful that you are like forced to do Chris :)

Considering that at lvl 11 I still got a critical lack of wisdom scrolls I would say it was not raised enough. Also I got the same problem with portal scrolls so I cannot go back with each drop I find to turn them over into scroll shards.

Of corpse you can not go back each time you are encumbered, neither the system guarentees nor intends doing this so. Nothing abnormal.
"
Torin wrote:

Actually the wisdom scroll drop rate is so bad I sell all items unidentified.

You oughto be much less generous when using. I am gonna keep my usage limited, not harshly, but moderately. So i will never be victimized. See these, and i am yet on level 13;
Unavailable
Unavailable

"
Torin wrote:

I only use wisdom scrolls for items I guess can be useful.It is a bad design to make me guess which items could be useful and which not.

I see you are on your holy crusade to show all of us unbelievers how are all wrong by not worshiping the holy word of GGG. It must be nice in your world where you are right and everyone else is wrong.

Some items in this post are currently unavailable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info