[2.1] 8pM's 3in1 Physical - Spell - Chaos - Convertion - Build (BV/BF/EK); New Showcase-Video

Disclaimer
Spoiler
I'm not a nativ Speaker, please don't blame me if i make some mistakes. Whisp me if you found a mistak or false grammar.

Hello everyone! Welcome to my very first PoE-Guide.

It's a physical spell Build which utilizes the combination of
to transform cold-dmg to chaos-dmg.

At the start of the new Talisman-League i decided to make a Crit-Ele-Bow Scion. I used Blade Vortex during the leveling period. After spending some time with this new skill, I decided to make a Blade Vortex Build on my own.

Theorycrafting
Spoiler

I liked the idea to convert some kind of elemental damage to another element. One of the interesting Builds I found so far was the 100% fire to chaos dmg Incinerate. After thinking about dmg conversion and specific items which convert elemental dmg, I choosed the Consuming Dark as my main weapon in combination with a Pyre to convert all of my cold dmg to fire dmg and to convert 75% of this fire dmg to chaos dmg.

When thinking about a phys build, one of the best auras is Hatred. With the combination of Pyre + a Consuming Dark I get a 25% fire + 75% chaos dmg aura which buffs my dmg depending on my physical dmg.
Beside that the starting area of the shadow seems to be the best option to buff both, the physical and the chaos. After thinking about this “double – buff” I came to the point, that I want to get a high use from every single skillpoint I spend. Now it is logical to me, to do so but a year ago I truly couldn’t do it the way I made it now.

Besides a usefull skilltree, I want to make it a fair (not budget) build, where I can use some items I realy like.
I mentioned the Consuming Dark and the Pyre Ring. One of my favorites is Ming’s Heart. Every time I make a physical Build I try to use it, but with its downside it could be hard to fit in. But u will see, that it fits here just fine!

Skilltree (Discussion welcome)
Spoiler

The skilltree I’m showing here is the one I made for Blade Vortex. But as I mentioned the idea is based on physical spells so I will make two other skilltrees as well. One for Blade Fall as well as one for Ethereal Knives.
I use my BV-skilltree also with BF as well as with EK.
But for those who want to make a specific build i tried to make two diffrent skilltrees (just a try, not realy perfect, i think about it in time)

Blade Vortex

Blade Fall (similar to the BV - skilltree, only skipped the duration nodes and go for more ES

Ethereal Knives (my idea how i would end up right now)

Gems setup discussion

Spoiler

Chest

Main skill (you can you can replace Blade Vortex with Blade Fall or Ethereal Knives)

4L: Blade Vortex – Spell Echo – Faster Casting – Added Fire

5L: Blade Vortex – Spell Echo – Faster Casting – Added Fire – Controlled Destruction

6L: Blade Vortex – Spell Echo – Faster Casting – Added Fire – Controlled Destruction – Void Manipulation

Helmet (Aura setup), Gloves (CwDT), Boots (usefull secondary skill)

Aura 4L: Hatred – Blasphemy – Warlords Mark – Enlighten

Discussion: You can go for Herald of Ash for a little damage boost but you have to curse on your own. For Blade Vortex it will make the Build a bit squishy and not that fast. For BF or EK it is a good option, but I’m a lazy player so I prefer the Aura-Curse.

CwDt 4L: CwDT – Increased Duration – Immortal Call – Molten Shell

Discussion: Instead of Increased Duration you can go for Increased Area of Effect. This is for the Molten Shell explosion, which deals up to 12k dmg (keep in mind that this is with a 75% fire to chaos dmg convertion). I think it is one good option but maybe there are better ones.

Secondary Skill 4L: Abyssal Cry – Rapid Decay – Poison – Increased Area of Effect

Discussion: Not new but nice to have. Speeds up the clear speed significantly. If you use Blade Fall or Ethereal Knives you can go another way. I try the following:

Sec.Skill (BF/EK) 4L: Bear Trap – Culling Strike – Added Fire – Item Rarity

It uses the same colours like the other setup, so I can switch between these two options. And with this I found my first Brittle Emperor Card in Dried Lake. So it isn’t that bad at all:D

Weapon (Movement), Shield (Vaal Skills)

Movement 3L: Dagger = Whirling Blades – Faster Attacks – Fortify (standard)

Vaal Skills 3L: Vaal Haste – Vaal Clarity – Increased Duration

Discussion: I use this, because I can get the BV-stacks before a Bossroom and then rush in and kill realy fast, also I get a ton of life leech. Just my preferred combination.

Bandits
Spoiler

Normal - Oak - +40 base life; because I’m life based

Cruel - Oak - +16% Physical Damage; phys dmg skales the whole dmg

Mercilles - Kraityn - +1 Frency Charge; not to mention why I think

Current Gear/Flask/Jewels
Spoiler
Gear

Discussion:

Consuming Dark:
Spell Dmg, Chaos Convertion, some int for the ES (:D, its useful) BiS for this build

Pyre:
Dmg Convertion as mentioned, resistances, Sometimes a nice corpse explosion (against skellies not that bad)

Ming’s Heart:
20% extra chaos dmg based on phys dmg. It’s like a Herald. Good chaos resistances. Big downside is the -15% life/ES…but hey it’s PoE, handle the downsides is the most funniest part of the game!

Carcass Jack:
BiS Chest here, it pushes the entire build, you know what I mean!

The Blood Dance:
provides me with full Frenzy charges, 1% cast speed per Frenzy charge + 4% more dmg is just a hugh dmg buff + 6% increased dmg against enemies when they are on low life. The nerf of the life regen isn’t important because I’m using Vaal Pact.

Helmet, Gloves, Shield:
ES, life, resistances, Spell dmg on shield…that’s all!

Belt:
A rustic sash is BiS, look for high life, resistances and either ES or movement speed when mastercrafting.

Flask

Discussion (unique flasks):

Atziri’s Promise:
Extra Chaos Dmg based on the phys dmg + 2% life leech based on chaos dmg, just perfect for this build and realy cheap.

Taste of Hate:
Did I mention that I convert cold dmg to fire to chaos? :D + physical dmg income reduction! It’s expensive but for this build it’s the best way to mitigate incoming dmg. I know it’s a bit broken, but I don’t have another option.
The rest is self-explaining.

Jewels

Discussion (unique jewel)

Conqueror's Efficiency:
I like the idea of using a quest reward and this jewel provides me with all i want. A little mana cost reduction, 2% reduced reservation for auras and skill effect duration. All i want and it's free!

Screenshots (5L, old shield; need to update with new shield)
Spoiler

Blade Vortex
Spoiler

BV - Flame Golem only

BV - 5 Frency + Atziris Promis + Taste of Hate

Blade Fall
Spoiler

BF - Flame Golem only

BF - 5 Frency + Atziris Promis + Taste of Hate

Ethereal Knives

Spoiler
EK - Flame Golem only

EK - 5 Frency + Atziris Promis + Taste of Hate

Defence
Spoiler

Def in town

Def with 3 Endurance Charges + Atziris Promis + Taste of Hate

Videos
Spoiler
T 11 - Springs; Showcase of all three Spells with BV-Skilltree
(not the best quality, i will try to upload a better one)
https://youtu.be/FitHHN8G7ko

Changelog
Spoiler
22.12.2015 - Basics
23.12.2015 - added Screenshots
27.01.2016 - reworked guide to physical spells
07.02.2016 Video - T11-Springs
Last edited by 8pM on Apr 2, 2016, 12:47:08 PM
can't wait for the final guide - I can attest to how effective this build is in game
ign: Kza_Taza
finaly i was able to rework the guide to it's current version!
Interesting - will try it on next toon :)
Killed Atziri with this build for the first time ever. Did it at my second try and died 4 times becouse of my inexperience with the fight. I use Jaws os Agony for my single target and I don't know if i could do without it since I have a lot of problems to build stacks and you can't stand much. I suggest to get some mana regen rate on jewels/jewelry and a Saturated Mana Flask. On the other hand, once you get in a pack with Warlord's Mark, mana is no problem at all.
I'm working on 6 linking a but I can do T12 maps with no problem with a shitty 6L I droped.

I'm using Blade Vortex version but thinking on change to Bladefall.
Last edited by Edinho on Jan 30, 2016, 2:17:35 AM
Would like to see some videos ;/
added a Video with all three Spells to Showcase them.
Reached level 90 in just under a month - this is real fast leveling for me. I've really enjoyed playing this toon it was easy to level & to date its the tankiest toon I've ever made.

I've gone the bladefall route for me.

Thanks H for the build!!
ign: Kza_Taza

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info