[2.1] Crit CI Block Bladefall (8.3k ES/80k DPS) "Rain of Terror"

This character was originally CI crit Ethereal Knives(originally built last league by HeaT1, I'll put a link to his build at the bottom) , but with 2.1 I decided to give bladefall a try. Even with EK's buff and adding chain, I prefer the clearing speed/playstyle of bladefall. I mainly went CI because I already had most of the prerequisite gear available, at some point I may try it as a hybrid or low life build, but CI has been serving me well so far. This build has great DPS, and is also pretty tanky with 8k+ ES and 75/75 block with a Rumi's Concoction up. Flasks are

Passive Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAW8DHgQHBUINfA3RDlwPqxEvEVAV1xXtFr8W8xslHU8fAh9BH8cgbiSLJjwnqSoLKjgrCit4LJwsvy0fLYstqC-dNbk2xT1fQZZFfkZxRwZJsUuuTLNQMFJTVL1WY1xAXGtd8l9qY0Nq-m0ZcFJzs3X9f8aDCYRIhG-ExYauidOLeow2j_qTJ5UglouX9Ju1oS-io6crrrOxkLQMtUi5k76AvorBxcHzwwnDOsNtytPQH9DQ0PXUQtW518_ZW9te34ri9-OE6QLquutj6_XsGO-I7-vyHfLh-Tc=?accountName=Symeon_Stareyes&characterName=Run_TheGems

Gems:
Spoiler

6L :(Bladefall + Spell Echo + Added Fire Damage + Increased Area of Effect/Conc Effect + Life Leech + Faster Casting/Controlled Destruction) Note: I am currently using Faster Casting(20/20) because my controlled destruction is only level 15, but it's getting close to matching Faster Casting's dps, once I get it higher level I will probably swap to controlled destruction.

4L : Herald of Thunder + Curse on Hit + Assassin's Mark + Poacher's Mark/Warlord's Mark/Temporal Chains (I'm running a dual curse amulet, and I personally use Poacher's Mark as my secondary curse during mapping, I prefer the mana gained on hit + frenzy charges + flask charges over Warlord's mana/life leech. Temporal chains is usually reserved for bosses or very rough map mods.)

4L : Vaal Discipline + Vaal Discipline + Vaal Haste/Vaal Grace + Increased Duration(Since we're CI Vaal Discipline acts as our only life flask. I run two so I can have one ready at almost all times during mapping.

4L: Hatred + Summon Ice/Flame/Chaos Golem + Minion Life + Discipline (You can choose whether to run Hatred/Discipline or Ice/Chaos golem based on how tanky you want the build to be.)

3L : Lightning Warp + Faster Casting + Less Duration (Extra movement)

3L: Tempest Shield + Reckoning + ???

Gear
Spoiler
Required gear
Amulet:

Shield:

Flask:

Jewel:

Note: These items are the basis for making this a block build, the rest of the build would be standard gear for other ES based bladefall builds.

Wand:Look for something with Spell Crit, Cast Speed, Flat Spell Dmg, Spell Dmg. A nice budget option would be Divinarius. I like using a wand with flat lightning damage on it, Bladefall has a 120% Dmg conversion which is great for flat spell damage, and this also allows to use herald of thunder for cursing at 78+ level maps.

Gloves: Facebreakers are the best for DPS, maligaro's are also a legitimate option. you can also use high ES/res gloves if you're having trouble capping resistances elsewhere.

Jewels: Cast Speed/Spell Damage/Physical Damage/ES%

Boots: ES/Movement Speed/Resists/Intelligence

Chest: ES/Resists/Intelligence

Helmet: ES/Resists/Intelligence

Rings/Belts: ES/Resists/Stats/Cast Speed

My Gear:
Spoiler

Flasks:

With Poacher's Mark active, I can keep flask up for a large majority of the maps. I still have mana issues occasionally with bosses, so I keep a mana flask of staunching in case. If I can solve the mana issues I'd probably replace with a Granite Flask of Iron Skin or another Rumi's Concoction.)

Jewels:

DPS(Hatred/Herald of Thunder):
Spoiler
6L: Bladefall + Spell Echo + Faster Casting + Concentrated Effect + Life Leech + Added Fire Damage
Town:60,286
Charges(6 power/ 3 frenzy): 90,438
Charges + Flasks(Taste of Hate/Atziri): 136,612
Charges + Flasks + Vaal Haste: 156,702
Note: Bladefall is only lvl 17 for these calculations, once I get to level 20 it should improve even further. Also, once I get controlled destruction up to lvl 16/17 it should be better than faster casting.

DPS(Discipline/Herald of Thunder):
Spoiler
Town:49,384
Charges(6 power/ 3 frenzy): 74,122
Charges + Flasks(Taste of Hate/Atziri): 117,024
Charges + Flasks + Vaal Haste: 133,244

I'll have to do the Increased AoE value damages a little later when I have more time.

Defense:
Spoiler
ES: 8314
Block: 28/28 with tempest shield, 75/75 with Rumi's up
Resists: 75/75/76/100
ES Recharge per second: 2214.8

Helped Inspired by:
Spoiler
HeaT1's CI EK witch: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1303376
Ghudda LowLife/CI Flask build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1404233

Last edited by Symeon_Stareyes on Dec 21, 2015, 3:33:15 PM
Why do you pick "Sniper" with projectile damage\speed near shadow?
Horrible tree.

Optimized: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZLYsRUJf0IvQfxzW5UlNsC6crl5U9X5MnTLO-ii-d74hTNSBurrPQHwQHRX6hL8rTFvP5N1BCUDBBlu_rHwIOXLQMJjzXz4w2214FQtD1NsVq-uq6RnFJsXOzidMsnIt6DXyDCXBSAW-xkCoL4vctqF3yhEi-gCsKXGsRL-OEw23rYw3RtUhjQ9RC8uGEb0cGdf3Q0Ba_j_pfag-r7BhcQOv1JIssv1S9wwnDOhXXFe25k0sKm7UqOIaulovyHak0hMVWY9W5YQa32fDVSVE=

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info