Blade Vortex quality not working/applying.

Recently got a 20q Blade Vortex, but was disappointed to see the 10% inc AoE Radius wasn't working(see images).

Used a reference point(the small plant) to show 0q BV vs 20q BV. They have the same radius.

0 quality

20 quality
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Radius is measured in whole units, dropping all decimal values (effectively rounding down). It's possible that 10% Increased Radius simply does not grant one unit of radius to your Blade Vortex. Sadly I'm not sure the base radius was ever revealed - I don't recall, in any case. If anyone knows, that'd be real useful.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 20, 2015, 9:08:43 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Radius is measured in whole units, dropping all decimal values (effectively rounding down). It's possible that 10% Increased Radius simply does not grant one unit of radius to your Blade Vortex. Sadly I'm not sure the base radius was ever revealed - I don't recall, in any case. If anyone knows, that'd be real useful.

Hm, interesting. I'll have to test this by removing one of my % inc AoE nodes to see if it goes up/down.
It definitely looks like it's not working correctly. After removing 5% node, the area radius went down. Upon equipping the 10% inc aoe on the 20q gem, the area radius didn't go up.
Curious to know whether this is just a rounding thing, or a bug. Currently, 0q Blade Vortex has same radius as 20q Vortex+Divinarius(20% inc AoE total).

Edit: After some testing of removing various amounts of %inc AoE, I found that once Blade Vortex moves from 25% to 30% inc AoE total, it increases in size(I'm guessing its really at 26%). At 50% total inc AoE, an additional ~25% inc AoE, it still remains the same size. This seems either bugged, or very unrewarding to have that much invested in Inc AoE and not see any increase.
Last edited by Renley8 on Dec 22, 2015, 11:41:49 PM
I just bought 20gcp and pimped up my Blade Vortex. I saw no area increase either.

I am currently wearing 2x Divinarius, got both the scion and all of the templar and witch aoe nodes. This gives me a total of 60% inc aoe. Using a 20% blade vortex made no difference to the radius.

That definitely seems bugged, or unintentional at least? =)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on Jan 14, 2016, 2:57:16 PM
http://imgur.com/X4VUoCW

visual aoe and hitbox aoe are two different things in poe
Blade vortex's effect can't be scaled. Instead, to give a rough indication of radius, there are several versions of the knife effect, each rotating at a different radius. The skill will always try to have one knife using the largest-radius effect that's not larger than the actual radius of the skill, but that skill results in discrete visual changes where you need to reach a certain threshold before the next wider effect can be used.

The full radius is always used mechanically.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Blade vortex's effect can't be scaled. Instead, to give a rough indication of radius, there are several versions of the knife effect, each rotating at a different radius. The skill will always try to have one knife using the largest-radius effect that's not larger than the actual radius of the skill, but that skill results in discrete visual changes where you need to reach a certain threshold before the next wider effect can be used.

The full radius is always used mechanically.

So it needs to reach a certain threshold for it to display a visual difference. Does that mean if you increase the aoe, yet not enough to reach the next threshold, that it also has no effect on the radius of which it is dealing damage - or is just not shown visually?

Thanks for the reply!
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"The full radius is always used mechanically." --> the radius does change, but the visuals are not always 100% accurate.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info