[2.1] Crit Discharge

Reason: Nostalgia. Kripparrian made a crit Discharge Witch build a long time ago. It was a very strong build, but only if you had charges. Meaning if Discharge didn't crit, there was no way to Discharge again, which rendered you useless.

Viability: Not really. This build clears trash mobs quite well. Any boss, unique, and some rares are skip-worthy. You also aren't very good for a party unless you partner up with a conduit supporter.

With that being said, happy Discharging, if you choose to.

Let's start off with the uniques:
Required

Voll's Devotion = Power Charges. No Power Charges = useless character. Enough said on that.

Eye of Chayula is used for the "cannot be stunned", which is very necessary on a Chaos Innoculation character. Being stunned is calculated off of health. With no health, you are stunned all the time as CI. Being stunned = useless character.

optional, but helpful
Divinarius

Divinarius is quite useful, but not completely necessary.

It provides a huge boost to crit chance and spell damage. It also gives a little bit of mana on kill and radius for wider boom boom.

Now onto the tree:
Current Tree
Current Tree

Currently, on the tree, I went for all the crit nodes I could find, including Power Charges. I also grabbed approximately 200% energy shield. Threw in some area damage for a bit more boom boom. Most notably, I took Chaos Innoculation for the chaos damage immunity.

Also, Thrill Killer by Scion is quite helpful on sustaining Discharge casts. That 10 mana on kill is huge when you don't have a Divinarius.

Planned Tree
Planned Tree

Finishing off the tree, we take aura effectiveness nodes for bigger Discipline. Energy shield is our life. And we take more spell damage and energy shield nodes. More boom boom and survivability.

Let's look at gearing next:
Gearing
Gearing is super easy. Put on a Voll's Protector and Eye of Chayula. Use rings for resists, and crit if you can. Get a belt with resists. Get max movement speed on boots. And put huge amounts of energy shield on everything else. As that's the only stat that matters anymore, you can get a 300-400 energy shield helmet and shield for next to nothing.

I don't have a Divinarius, but all of this has costed me maybe 15 Chaos so far in Talisman league.

Breakdown:

Chest: Voll's Protector.
Amulet: Eye of Chayula.
Weapon: Spell crit / Global crit. Divinarius, if you can.
Rings: Resists. Crit if you can.
Boots: Movement speed. Energy Shield. Resists if you need.
Gloves: Energy Shield. Resists if you need.
Shield: Huge amounts of Energy Shield.
Helmet: Huge amounts of Energy Shield.

Current Gears

I still need better gloves and a helmet. Also, my rings could use crit chance. And I don't have a Divinarius. Still a ways to go for me.

What about bandits?
Kill them all
Seriously, just kill all of the in each difficulty.

Alternatively, you could grab the Power Charge from Alira for a bit more boom boom.

Are you ever going to show me what skills to use?
Yes, I am
Power Charge generation = Ice Spear - Greater Multiple Projectiles

More Power Charges = Cast When Damage Taken - Blade Vortex

Boom boom = Discharge - Increase Critical Strikes - Increase Critical Damage - Lightning Penetration

Survivability / Sometimes Endurance Charges = Blasphemy - Warlord's Mark

"Health" pool = Discipline

Traversal = Flame Dash - Faster Casting

These are the skills that I use. You can experiment with different support gems or whatever. Also, I'm only using a 4 link Discharge. You could experiment with further linkage. This keeps the build cheap though.

Using a dagger, one could also equip Whirling Blades, but I'd prefer to just use a Quicksilver flask.

And what about your "c" screen?
I'll show you
Offence

Defence

Are we ever going to see it in action?
Yes, you are

Any comments and critiques are welcome. Also, I will try my best to answer any questions you might have or make any additions in regard to suggestions.

Happy gaming.
SynTrSr - Trickster Soulrend/Bane
Last edited by generaldave on Dec 21, 2015, 2:30:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info