[2.1][HC] Blade Witch Project - CHEAP - Iron Reflexes, Bladefall, Blood Rage - Atziri Viable

A Witch with Iron Reflexes? LoL, how will this work? Lets see!

Hi, this is my first Build ever I am posting, because it is the first build made by myself what works extremly well up to at least the mid tier maps (never been to the high tiers at all, because I am playing almost only HC). *Did my first ever Atziri kill with this build!*

The Main Idea was to get the new gems Bladefall and Blade Vortex to work with an Armour Witch. Armour just because I am a pretty average player and my playing style is a bit on the dark side. With ES and Evasion I never made it far into the 80s, just with Armour i was able to get a bit higher. End content has never seen me.

Bladefall use Spell and Physical Damage. Lets see, there are a lot of Spell Damage and Cast Speed nodes at the Witch starting Area in the Tree. So i was going for my little girl. Moving down the left side, gives us a lot of Life and we will end up with some lots of extra Life via Strength and some Armour down to Iron Reflexes. Then we go from the witch again to the right side and get us some more extra Physical Damage from the Shadow and also a lot of Evasion for even more Armour.

This ended up in a funky little Skill Tree
Stats for the Tree
Spoiler

+304 Strenght
+134 Dex
+242 Int

+252 Life
182% inc Life
5.4% Life Reg
50% inc Armour
35% inc Evasion
96% inc Evasion & Armour

35% inc Cast Speed
85% Spell Damage
139% Physical Damage
50% inc Area Damage
20% inc Radius of Area Skills
+5 Life gain on kill

From the Bandits we will get: 40 life, 5% Cast Speed and 1 Frenzy Charge extra!

We have plenty of Options for customization, or work arounds. There are a lot of possibilities!

***Update***
As always, Cast Speed is the most powerful passive all over the place, thats why i changed the tree from Spell Damage to Cast Speed. After Cast Speed comes Spell Damage, it is still a bit stronger then Physical Damage. But there is nothing more damage in a few points then in Force Shaper at the top of the tree!
***End***

The tree will look like that when we are going to be perfect: lvl100 Tree

Gear and skills
Spoiler

Gear at lvl85

Gem Setup
BODY 5L: Bladefall - Blood Magic - Life Leech - Concentrated Effect - Controlled Destruction
You can use also Spell Echo instead of Controlled Destruction for more Damage, but I like to cast as short as possible and move on. Iron Will and Fire Damage are also a big damage boost. Use it as 6th link, or if you can handle it, instead of Life Leech.

Hardcore:
Body Last socket: Hatred

1st 4L: CWDT - Immortal Call - Duration - Enfeeble
I have choosen enfeeble, because when something hit me twice, it wont hurt that much anymore.

2nd 4L: Flame Dash - Blind - Blood Magic - Enfeeble

3rd 4L: Chaos Golem - Blood Rage - Decoy Totem - Blood Magic

1st 3L: Enfeeble - Controlled Destruction (makes 125% reduced Crit.Strike Chance!) - Blood Magic

2nd 3L: Grace | Vaal Haste - Increased Duration

Softcore:
Body Last socket: *Vaal Gem* (I have Vaal Haste, but i am still not that sure about it)

1st 4L: CWDT - Immortal Call - Duration - *Curse*

2nd 4L: Flame Golem - Culling Strike - Blood Magic - *Golem Life* or *Golem Damage*

3rd 4L: Enfeeble - Blood Rage - Decoy Totem - Blood Magic

1st 3L: Flame Dash - Faster Casting - Blood Magic

2nd 3L: Hatred - Herald of Thunder - Herald of Ash

How to level
I start as usual with Firetrap and used the new and very impressive chaos gems to level up until i got Bladefall.
At the Tree, i got up first to "Heart and Soul" and "Blast Radius", then i took all of the Templar nodes and then i moved straight down to "Iron Reflexes". After that i took the way to the Shadow side.

Bandits:
Oak/Alira/Kraityn (because its the cheapest 40 life, 5% Cast Speed and Frenzy you can get!)

Videos
Spoiler
Lets die at Dried Lake with lvl71
As you can see, I am for sure not the best player at all. That Vanguard group with the rare one nearly killed me and would have killed me, if i would run a a normal witch build as usual. On the other Hand you can see that the clear speed is also for a average player like me quite good, I guess better players will be much faster then that.

Blade Witch at Tropical Island with lvl72
A second Video of a classical Tropical Island "speed" Run is loading.

Blade Witch at Shore with lvl81
Now with a 5-link Daresso's Defiance! All Skills linked to Blood Magic, Mana 100% reserved.

Blade Witch at Colonnade with lvl85
With the new Gem Layout. Colonnade with double Unique. And yes, Kole hit me hard, once. :)

Blade Witch (lvl90) Softcore Talisman. First ever try @Atziri - and win!
I leveled up a new toon to lvl90 in Scrubscore to validate the build and to check the end game maps (still not there). I hit 90 today and thought of a little party with Atziri. She has laid me 3 times with still 75% to go, but then i managed to survive the Encounter. Sorry for talkin only german, but i never thought, that i will see loot in my ever first visit. Still surprised. I fiddled around with the flask after 3rd rip, but that was quite senseless in MY case, because I am way to stupid to fire the flask at the right time - Biggest problem for me is still my movement dyslexics and the hand/eye coordination. Maybe i am to old, but it worked. I guess ZiggyD died more times then me when he did it first time, not sure. :D
Atziri Kill Eqipment
Spoiler

was far away from perfect:

Used HoT, HoA, Hatred, Flamegolem. So no extra defense things. Bladefall 5 linked with all Auras/Harolds and without Frenzys (no Frenzys at the Boss fights): 22743,4dps at the Tooltip.
5213 Life, 13095 Armour (56% reduction)
Not much at all, and took a lot of hits!

What Eqipment we need?
Spoiler
As Weapon i found a pretty cheap Wand with max roll for Adds *** Damage to Spells. The only 1-hand weapon i found with more Damage to spells is Apep's Rage Opal Wand with more then 80-flat Chaos damage in average, but his downside is the +40% Mana costs of skills. Beside this value, we look for the highest possible Spell Damage and some cast speed.
Physical Damage on a weapon has no influence for our spell Bladefall!

My Chest piece of Choice is Daresso's Defiance. A pretty high Armour/Evasion thing what will gain us Endurance Charges on kills, plus we have 6% more dodge and a little bit Life. The leech wont do anything to us, because we have a spell, not an attack. For sure, there are other beautiful Body Armour out there, but nothing is that cheap like Daresso's Defiance (~1c). (A Carcass Jack costs around 4ex) Queen of the Forest Body will not work!!
For leveling i took a self found Ambu's Charge, what i still used in the Videos with lvl72.

A good Hat to start with is Geofri's Crest (~4c) with +1 for the Gems. It has some Resistances and has also Chaos resistance, but no life at all. I aim for Alpha's Howl (~1Ex), because of +2 Auras and pretty nice Evasion. But it is not mandatory.

As Belt we take The Magnat (less then 1c) what gives us up to 40% more physical Damage and around 20 life. Best thing you can get!

There are some Gloves named Meginord's Vise (less then 1c) with 10% Physical Damage and 50 Life. If you have enough Resistances, go for it!

Flasks like Rumi's Concoction (~1Ex) would give us some more Block chance!

If you look for more Damage and you think that you can sacrifice a ton of Armour, then you can check out the Rathpith Globe Shield (~2Ex) what brings 50% Spell damage and 44% Spell block. *still not tested it!*

We have a priority on our other wardrobe like this:
Resistances > Life > Evasion > Armour > Evasion Rating > Life Leech (no attack!!) > Energy Shield

Why Evasion before Armour? Because it scales better with our skilltree. Means that my old Shield with 1043 Evasion Rating equals the Lioneye's Remorse with 1630 Armour.

For more punch we have this priority for our Jewels, Ring and Amulet:
Cast Speed > Spell Damage > Physical Damage (no Attack and not at the Weapon!). The Factor (at lvl 80) is around:
CS-100 : SD-30 : PD-25

Jewels
Prefixes:
Armoured (14 to 18)% increased Armour
Battlemage's (14 to 16)% increased Spell Damage while holding a Shield
Evasive (14 to 18)% increased Evasion Rating
Sharpened (14 to 16)% increased Physical Damage
Vivid (5 to 7)% increased maximum Life
Warding (3 to 5)% increased Cast Speed while holding a Shield

Suffixes:
of Blasting (10 to 12)% increased Area Damage
of Enchanting (2 to 4)% increased Cast Speed
of Mysticism (10 to 12)% increased Spell Damage
of Wounding (8 to 10)% increased Damage
of Zeal (2 to 4)% increased Attack and Cast Speed

These are the ones we like the most, but there are also enough things for Resistances or int, dex, Strenght, etc.

Flasks:
Health Flask of Staunching
Health Flask of Heat
Quicksilver Flask of Movement Speed (or 1 more staunching for some maps/Apex)
Granite Flask of Warding
Granite Flask of Iron Skin (or Rumi's Concoction, or Atziri's Promise, or something like that)

So far, i guess this is a decent overview over my little Girl i play with :)

You can contact me also at my Twitch-Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/mostlyaverage

I will make updates as often i can!

** Updates **
Dec26th: Shore Video lvl81
Dec29th: Edited the Priorities in the "What Equipment we need section" and new TREE!!
Jan4th: Equipment redone, Gem Layout new, Jewels & Flasks added.
Jan5th: Colonnade Video lvl85
Jan31st: Atziri Kill Video!, Cut down some things, Updated Bandits, Flasks and Gems, Updated the Skilltree again!
Last edited by dbH_Ram on Feb 1, 2016, 6:09:37 AM
- ph -
Last edited by dbH_Ram on Dec 19, 2015, 6:50:08 PM
updated! New Video.
again, new Video
It's done, I guess I am through, the core is done. At least up to level 90 this build is easy to play and stronger as many things I have played until now. Enjoy and I will be happy to see some feedback here!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info