[3.0] Legasi's Masterpiece - Trivialize Bossfights! Shaper Deathless! Boss Guides inside! HC

Any thoughts on using a Monkey Paw Talisman for Power Charges? 10% on kill with good clearspeed should = charges always up except bosses.
Meh I respecced to CI. Life felt too clunky,

1.How do you get enough CC/Cmulti?

2.How do you run AA, clarity and Disc. without going under 35% mana?
"
Narcolepz wrote:
Any thoughts on using a Monkey Paw Talisman for Power Charges? 10% on kill with good clearspeed should = charges always up except bosses.

Yes I also thought of this as the optimal solution. But good luck getting one with high es and some caster and maybe crit stats. Not to mention the fact off stat implicits are useful for this build...

"
dxmzmx wrote:
Meh I respecced to CI. Life felt too clunky,

1.How do you get enough CC/Cmulti?

2.How do you run AA, clarity and Disc. without going under 35% mana?

1. There is no 'enough'. Just try to get as much as possible.

2. I don't run Clarity at all. Mana regen is enough to sustain a 5l in my case. With a 6l you will degen, however WM's mana leech nullifies it. I also carry a Saturated Sanctified Mana Flask (of Staunchig). It has 4 uses, lasts forever, perfectly cancels out the 6l degen when prestacking FS, and helps against curse/leech immune enemies.
My Build Compendium: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1634158
Last edited by Legasi on Dec 24, 2015, 1:54:52 PM
This build looks amazing.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
What about the bandits, choose skill points or specific reward?
"
LordDowney wrote:
What about the bandits, choose skill points or specific reward?

I went skill point-skill point-power charge. I am using the CWDT-Bladefall variant of this build and have 5 power charges.
I was theorycrafting this exact build before you posted it, first considering a Hybrid build with MoM but later on scrapping the idea and going CI as well, also I am using a 2 curse setup which I think grants incredible amounts of benefit over anything else you can get (Assasins Mark is just ridiculous for any crit build, Warlords or even Poachers feels mandatory for mana sustain and End/Frenzy charges(4% cast speed and 4% MORE multiplier per charge is broken as hell while you could still get endurance from Enduring Cry)) unless you are running with a support in your group (which this build would benefit immensely from since it can't run auras properly and would save the hassle of cursing).

In my build I do get some aura nodes so I could run discipline and a level 10 clarity + 1 additional aura (maybe blasphemy? AA? not sure if it is worth it) with a level 2 or 3 enlighten, due to WM/PM and clarity I never drop below 40% mana (everything just gets regened up immediately even without Rigtheous Decree, Shaper, Quick Recovery and Deep Thoughts, honestly I think mana regen should rather be gotten on gear, although if you get Skill Duration Shaper feels too good for 1 point).
If you want a more defensive setup you can run Enfeeble + Blasphemy instead of AM.

In the passive tree, instead of turning Quick Recovery into a ES node (I drop it completely anyway) I instead get the Melding Wheel (jewel slots should be taken in most cases anyway) and turn it into a 40% ES for 4 points. Nimbleness (4% cast speed per point + avoiding stun interruption + 4% MS for 3p) gets picked up as well.

Also because I am running dual curses from the tree, and don't connect to templar area via QR/MOM path, Arcane Potency (top left next to Avatar of Fire) turns into a 4 point investment (which get's further reduced because I want the templar Aura wheel) which is really good for it's upside.

Since I am running more off leech instead of Health Regen I drop the DoT wheel next to Written in Blood (even though Poison stacks I do not think it was worth it before, although 10% of your damage poisons and the nodes turns into a 2,8% total damage bonus, so I might reconsider).

Also instead of using a Shield (even though it might hurt your overall survivability a lot considering it gives 400-500 base ES) I was considering running a Bino's Kitchen Knife instead, enabling this build a ridiculous amount of ES regen with ZO, I would like to hear your thoughts on it if possible.

Overall I think your build is very solid while requiring little items until late- to endgame with the upside of not being too reliant on curses, worthy of being called a masterpiece.

Spoiler
P.S.: The more I try to improve my build, the more it turns into yours.
After giving it some more thought I feel like Life Regeneration isn't going to be the saving grace of this build though I might be wrong, DoT Damage seems to be a key for this build(for what I know bosses can be poisoned for the most part).
This is what I came up with and what I'm going to be playtesting for the next few weeks, my witch is currently 80 but I've already run T8-9 with the exception of some bosses (critique would be amazing):
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA37DfiukCS64bJdlbbRkRUJf0IvQ1uVJTbAunKx1Pl5U9X5MnTLO-in_G74iuswQHoS8Rlvk3QZbr5A5IBx7XzwVC0PVfKl3ytzCVLkmxLJx0VSoLKwoUCfDVrJhwUhEvE22P-klR99eJ0-tjJojsGNDQ6_WESFKvm6GMNrVIcLssv19qZJ1ca61Kj0YYatkTFdfyHcNtZ_ynCHgvL2-Grp2u6-585VZjGmwc3FgH98HkIriTjxrVpij67TxXyYLHmjsNfPnoHb6f34KbM4fvfDwFA-7AZlxAh8unm3WezxU=

PPS: Sorry for the wall of text :^)

I took this build and tried on HC Talisman league, I only had a 5L chest and unique dagger when I started this build and rest was self found/bought with currency got from leveling. Got to lvl87, 5k tooltip dps on 5L (Firestorm - Conc - Lifeleech - void manipulation - spell echo), used the inc aoe while solo.

Was able to run many t10-12 rip maps both solo and in group, solo killed all merciless bosses (kaom/doresso/piety/malachai), double orchard, double dom, atziri.

Can confirm the build is HC viable and can get to lvl100 while doing hard maps/bosses. I did die on malformation 88% extra lightning damage temp chain piety boss fight due to misplay (should have logged). Probably shouldn't have attempted that boss in the first place though.

Gear that I had:

Spoiler
IGN: Destafi
Why are you using a cold damage amulet? The ES on it is THAT good? (plus crit)
Last edited by IllusionsFading on Dec 28, 2015, 9:20:40 PM
"
Destafi wrote:
I took this build and tried on HC Talisman league, I only had a 5L chest and unique dagger when I started this build and rest was self found/bought with currency got from leveling. Got to lvl87, 5k tooltip dps on 5L (Firestorm - Conc - Lifeleech - void manipulation - spell echo), used the inc aoe while solo.

Was able to run many t10-12 rip maps both solo and in group, solo killed all merciless bosses (kaom/doresso/piety/malachai), double orchard, double dom, atziri.

Can confirm the build is HC viable and can get to lvl100 while doing hard maps/bosses. I did die on malformation 88% extra lightning damage temp chain piety boss fight due to misplay (should have logged). Probably shouldn't have attempted that boss in the first place though.

Gear that I had:

Spoiler

NOOOOOO I trusted you and you failed me :'(

Alright I'll add the hc viability.

"
Why are you using a cold damage amulet? The ES on it is THAT good? (plus crit)

Yes, the cold damage is a wasted mod on that self found amulet. And the flat es / es% / critmulti is THAT good :)
My Build Compendium: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1634158
Last edited by Legasi on Dec 29, 2015, 8:08:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info