[2.1 Talisman] Noaphiel's Conversion Pulse - AtziriViable - Cheap

Ye, thought about crit aswell. Could have alot potential and probably outdps the noncrit build. And you can use HoT to apply curses in a critbuild, which is pretty awesome.
updated a few things to take care of all the crit nodes. damage improved by approximately 25%. now got

~80k DPS with slower proj + Atziri Flask
~40k DPS with LMP

still using only a 5L with Lvl 19 Freezing Pulse.

150k DPS should be doable with a 6L and a Lvl 21 Freezing Pulse.

more gameplay videos coming soon
Hey man I just posted a guide for a crit cold to chaos fp guide myself. I think its really in all regards superior to yours. Its 6.5k effective hp, 120k dps on gmp with a 5l and 190k dps with singletarget. This is a 5l with lvl 20 gem. Also has unwavering stance and can use health pots.

Imo your biggest issue is not going crit. With a 6% base crit spell you really should. Also you have the problem of hitting low mana and getting wrecked by spells - im using blood magic keystone which removes this problem from infernal mantle. If youre curious my build is here.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1535744

im curious to know what you think
your DPS values are quite nice i must admit. I wouldn't say your build is superior to mine in all regards, but it's definitely better at the moment.

i'm involving crit into my build actually, but not quite enough as it seems. i got 33% crit chance with a 308% multiplier.

mana actually is not a big deal for me. ofc i need to take a few mana nodes, but i dont drop below 35%, since i got +1 lvl enlighten in vertex and took -16% reduced mana on the skill tree. that allows me to run 3 auras (AA, Discipline, Clarity) with just 55% mana reservation. so there's 10% buffer before i hit the critical low mana border. And my manareg outscales my costs of FP.

my biggest problem actually is, that i'm not able to run assassins mark because i need the leech from warlord's mark. I'll see how i can fix that, might running dual curse somehow.

the only problem in your build is your physical damage mitigation. in bossfights where you can't avoid high physical damage spikes (like core-malachai) it might be hard for you to survive. i definitely got a better survivability in physical fights with 9k EHP + Arctic Armour + 8% mitigation from armour. I would suggest to link Fortify with whirling blades aswell. I also took the chaos golem to mitigate additional physical damage at the cost of DPS. Furthermore my evasion is at 19% and my block is at 22%.

Another thing is that you didn't took the 125% increased poison damage which is in fact a huge DPS boost in boss fights.

I don't know what your goal is with that build. my goal is to clear core with that char in the next weeks. I know that i'll have alot problems without physical mitigation and without chaos immunity (maligaro fight) there and i'll never reach your DPS values, since i focus alot more on mitigation. You are also dual wielding which is a huge DPS boost, where i use a shield to enlarge my ES pool and got a decent amount of block. I'm even still thinking about using Rathpith to enlarge my spellblock aswell.

In fact our builds are alot closer than you might think. I got a few impressions from your build, which i didn't noticed yet (the unique jewel for example), but it's basically always a tradeoff between DPS and survivability and that's the difference between our builds.
Thats a good point about the defensive properties on your build. However, I've done a lot of CI builds in the past, and I personally dont think theyre in a good spot right now. For instance, you dont have any way to deal with stun or freeze - no skyforth/chayula/auxium/dreamfrags/alphas. You also spend a fair amount of points on aura nodes/mana nodes. Also, its hard to really emphasize how strong unwavering stance is - if youve never done a build with it i reccomend it highly, its a world of difference. With CI getting chain stunned is a huge pain.

Also, the lack of health pots for ci is a huge downside. being able to pot back up like 3-4k life in an instant is huge, and makes a 6.5k lifepool much larger than it first appears.

I've always gone by the softcore idea that the best defense is a strong offense, and with VP and a 190k singletarget ability, you seriously heal to full every single cast. I can tank atziri split phase standing in one place through flameblasts/stormcalls and spears no problem. Also, for singletarget i'd reccomend switching in added cold rather than faster projectiles, its better in my opinion.

Saying our builds are very similar is just not true. I've literally got 3x your dps using gmp - it'd be like 4x using lmp.

I'm glad youre having fun with the build, but theres a much better option available for even less currency (no doryani belt/vertex).

A final point -jewels are huge now, and i think its a tremendous waste to only have 1 in your build.
Last edited by SpaceJanitor on Dec 27, 2015, 8:42:13 AM
the stun thing i negate with -70% interrupt from stun while casting in the witch tree. i love unwavering aswell, but since it's impossible to reach for any ES based char, i gotta have to use what i can get.

the potion thing is in fact a thing. i use vaal discipline as my only "potion". freeze can just be negated via flasks in my build, which is quite enough to be honest. there are not many freeze-encounters and usually 2 flask charges are enough (i just remember waste pool boss who really freezes very often).

atziri split phase is not a problem for me aswell. i just tank it aswell, since the split phase lasts like 3 seconds.

the currency thing is not really a point. a cold doryani's cost like 1 chaos. a vertex is not mandatory for the build, i'm just using it cause my resistances are capped and the +1 level is a bonus. you can easily run the build without a vertex aswell.

the quite few jewel slots in fact bothers me aswell. That's why i'm working on a new build alrdy that profits way better from jewel usage.

to be honest i just took ci because i was really surprised on how few pathing points between the core nodes you need. all the useful key nodes are very close together and i only got very few int/dex/str nodes, which was my intention to go ES based instead of life based. Personally i prefer life based aswell, i just felt more confident in the skill tree taking ES.

"
Saying our builds are very similar is just not true. I've literally got 3x your dps using gmp - it'd be like 4x using lmp.

what i meant with that is that our skill trees are overlapping in alot points. We took nearly exactly the same damage nodes. the major difference is the gear orientation.
Hello and thanks for your build sharing:)
From reading the comments i figured at first you went non crit with the build?
may i ask how was the damage than and if too low when did you felt its not enough anymore?(atziri or higher level maps etc)

I would really like to make a char non crit freezing pulse but i cant really tell if its viable in endgame maps for damage:(
My choices would be either going chaos conversion like in your build or maybe Pledge of hands 7L. No clue which would be better damage wise if any of them (defenses wouldnt be a problem not going crit would boost them up quite a bit)

thank you
IGN: Wolfshen
how do you sustain mana? and whats your crit % ? can i do this in standard without those talisman ring+amu?
Man u told us u will up more vids and lvling guide after vacation u have post it in 19 december it's 22 of gen. pls up this stuff help us to undested better ^^

regards
You can spec out of Pain Attunement - it does not work with CI - you would need 0,3 Life for it to work. So thats one passive point wasted :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info