(2.1) Self-cast SoS Spark aka the Blue Lollipop

How this build came into being
When I kill a boss (Vaal, piety ect) I open a public party and someone joined me who was playing self cast spark. It looked pretty cool but I thought it could be much much more effective if used with a Sire of Shards for god tier AoE. After seeing this person a few times I decided to make the build and honestly I'm enjoying it alot

Gear and gear explanations
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/LorewynGaming/characters(Character is LoreSparkin)

Only gear required is Sire of Shards, anything else is up to you.

Jewels - Life, Cast speed, Crit, Damage

Screen Shots and their explanations
Build's DPS(no charges)
http://i.imgur.com/lAty2SQ.png
Gem level of this pic is 18

The reason this build can't farm Dried Lake
http://i.imgur.com/eUoLUuT.png
You really need something for the sparks to bounce off of to maximise your DPS

Gems
Spark, Echo, Lightning Pen, Pierce, Life Leech, Added Lightning/Power Charge on Crit
Vaal Stormcall x2, Faster Casting, Lightning Pen, Added Lightning, Increased Duration
Enduring cry IF and on if you can sustain without Rallying Cry
Frost/Chaos Golem - Minion Life - Minion Resist - Cast when Damage Taken(Level 1 if Frost golem, level 14/15 if Chaos golem)

Auras
Clarity, Spark simply costs too much to not use this
Arctic Armour, You stand still to do damage, plus I got the MTX from boxes
Herald of Thunder, Curse on Hit, Assassins Mark/Conductivity, if you have a way to generate Power Charges without Assassins Mark then use Conductivity, hell, use em both if you wanna, up to you.
Wrath, simply no room for a 50% aura

Maps, what to do.
Firstly, you wanna do maps with narrow corridors, Waste Pool/Sewer is a great example
Secondly, reflect is a no-go, I have to use the reflect ring to not die vs reflect rares and even then it's pretty sketchy.
Thirdly, EE is and isn't an issue, your base damage is so high that you CAN do these maps without it slowing you down a whole lot, that being said if you can avoid this mod then do.

Bandits
Oak, Alira, and your choice, if you can sustain without Rallying get the Endurace Charge, if mitigation isn't an issue for you then get the Power Charge, if you don't care about either of them get the point.

Pathing on the skill tree
1. Heart of Thunder(this will carry you to Merciless no problem)
2. Pierce nodes
3. Path to Scion life wheel and into Templar
4. Get what you need, if you need life get life, if you need damage get damage, if you need crit get crit. Once you have all your pathing done it's just good point's all the way up.

Q&A
Q - You say to use Vaal Stormcall and you aren't?
A - You should be using it, I just haven't bought them, only got a 5l chest a few hours ago

Q - Why play regular spark when Vaal Spark is so strong?
A - You can't just play Vaal Spark, you need 5+ specific jewels, a ring that costs and exalt and either a Lorica or a Shavs, my build needs...a staff.

Q - Is this build cheap?
A - Staff cost me 8c to buy, used around 100 Jewelers and around 25 Fuse to 5l6s it.

Q - Is this build beginner friendly?
A - Yes and No. You need knowledge of map layouts to really use this build effectively, otherwise your going to take a long time clearing a map you really shouldn't be in. That being said, it only requires 1 cheap unique and can do maps just fine.

Q - Whats your exp per hour with this build?
A - No clue, I play slow cus i'm a loot goblin, GOTTA HAVE EVERYTHING!

Q - Whats with the name "Blue Lollipop"?
A - if you put that Lightning Weapon Effect on Sire it looks like a blue lollipop, hard to see on the image bu if you see it in-game it really does.

Q - No video?
A - you can't take my slow play-style as like "this build is only this good" cus it's a really high damage build if you run the right maps, in other maps the damage is REALLY slow. Also my terrible laptop can't really even run PoE let-a-lone do video's.

Q - You don't use Call of the Brotherhood?
A - I don't have the currency to buy the ring and all new gear to use the ring. If you have one I would HIGHLY recommend to use it.

If you have an questions or comments feel free to leave them here or message me in-game, I'll always respond!
~Lorewyn

EDIT: Sorry profile was on private, fixed.
Last edited by LorewynGaming on Dec 20, 2015, 8:36:50 PM
Boss kills (bit risky for some bosses, would require reasonable defenses or skill) - Vaal Ice Nova + Increased Duration. Trap the boss, loooooooooooooooooooooooooooolipop.

Open area maps in general: Frost Wall + AoE + Duration, gives your sparks something to bounce off. Can throw Vaal Ice Nova in the same link setup, save slots. Might help a bit, might not, unsure. Never played spark.

Glad you got the bugs sorted out yaaaaaaaay no more BabyRage.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
You might not wanna set your profile to private if you're gonna link it :^)
If you think self cast spark is fun, you haven't played with dual crit spark totems (with 3 dragons) yet :P A lot faster clearing, stuff shatter, safer (no reflect, no need to be close to stupid bosses or charging mobs). And boss wise you can just swap to flame totem for extra single target dmg.
And hey! You can still use SoS for more proj and better spread ;)
so there is the passive tree? items set to private also
Sorry profile was set to private, literally no one told me it was before.

Fixed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info