[2.1.0 Talisman] Barrage Volley fire COC Bladefall SC/HC

Welcome to the Blade Volley COC Bladefall Guide
Hey Guys
I played Coc bladefall on the HC Talisman league and would like to share my build with you.

Videos
Spoiler

Build concept:

The build is basically the idea that we are useing Barrage to proc Bladefall via Coc.
The new Unique jewel

comes here into play,because it adds a lot of extra projectiles(+4 per jewel) to barrage so we have no need for Gmp anymore.Turning Barrage in an awesome single target and Aoe Coc proc skill.

So basicly we are focusing crit chance and physical damage.

The build might still recive some changes and is no where near final.Also its a Hc version of the Passive tree you can adjust it to your needs for softcore. Any suggestions are appreciated torwards improving this build.

Ok lets go and get more into detail.

We will start with the Pasive tree

I started as a shadow also ranger would be a viable option focusing Life crit power charges, 2 jewel sockets for volley fire and 2 for es gain on hit jewels, get the Acrobatics+Phase accrobatics Keystone and the Eldritch battery keystone also Vaal pact for instant leech.

The exactly pathing while levelling im going to explain at the leveling section.

Why eldritch battery?
Spoiler
We are sustaining our mana cost with it using two +3 Energy shield gain on hit jewels

Jewels:
Spoiler

2X

Where to put them in the passive tree
http://imgur.com/Oond3NT

And 2 rare jewels with atleast 2 es gain on hit

Where to put them in the Passive tree:

http://imgur.com/oI2ycHq

other stats to loock for on your rare jewels are life resistances or attackspeed phys damage or area damage

Bandits

Spoiler
Normal: Help oak (Life)
Cruel:Kill all (Skill Point)
Merciless:Help alira (power charge)

Golem: Summon Ice golem

WHAT GEAR DO I NEED AND WHAT STATS AM I LOOCKING FOR

Wand:

Spoiler
Most important stats for your wand is crit chance and attackspeed u should get atleast 1.4 base attackspeed and 9.5 base critical strike chance ony our wand.

Next stats to loock for are spell damage followed by crit multiplier and added damage for spells Lightning>Cold>Fire.
Accuracy and life gain on hit are also usefull.

Chest:

Spoiler
Tabula rasa is what u need to get started or a 5l vols protector.

But i prefer tabula over a 5l volls atm since getting 4 green on volls isnt that easy.

If u manage to get a 6l Volls drop the tabula since it allows u one more support gem.

Helmet:
Spoiler

First any rare helmet which has life and gets your resistances caped is fine accuracy is also a good stat.

If u got enough resistance u can replace it with an Starkonja's Headhttp://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Starkonja%27s_Head

It got life attack speed and crit and that all comes to a cheap price of 1-3 chaos.

BIS for this build would be a Rats Nest Rat's Nest its more expansive but comes with more crit chance 5% more attackspeed and movespeed.

Boots/Gloves/belt:

Spoiler
Any rare will do the job loock for Life and resistances and atleast 20% movementspeed when it comes ot the boots. Belt shoudl be a heavy belt or anything with atleast 30 strengh.

Amulet/Rings

Spoiler
For rings perfect base are Diamond rings beside that two stone rings can be very helpfull to manage your resistances. Mods you are loocking for are Life-Resistances-accuracy maybe some int or strengh for gear requirment.

Amulet schould have crit chance and life also crit multiplier and resistances or accuracy are nice ot have.

Shield:

Spoiler
We are using an rare es Shield focus havily on life an resistances mainly then loock for Energyshield Spell damage or spell critical strike chance

My Current gear on the hc Talisman league
Spoiler

Gem Links (still in test form):
Spoiler
Chest Tabula
Barrage+coc+Bladefall+power charge on crit+Chain+Life leech
5l Volls
Barrage+coc+Bladefall+Chain+Life leech

Swap in GMP for chain when u need more single target damage

6l volls
Barrage+coc+bladefall+chain+life lech+a second spell

Since Coc scales most from using multiple spells is decided to add a second spell for a 6l volls setup.

There are several options

Cold snap: freezes mobs and will always get casted where it will be neeeded.
Not the most damage haviest spell.

Glacial Cascade: Synergie with hatred which you are using anyway cause of bladefall.
Slows enemys and can hit multiple times ones.

And my favourite

Arc:

Arc got buffed and the extra dmg from shocks comes in very handy.
It travels the distance from casting point to the enemy very fast.
It will always hit something unlike GC which sometimes is just too short to rech the enemy.

Any 4 link:

Herald of ice + herald of thunder+Curse on hit+Warlords mark

Any 3 link CWDT+Ic+inc duration u can add tempest shield if u have a 4l

Anywhere
flame dash +faster casting
Hatred,summon ice golem

Leveling

Spoiler
Start as a shadow kill hillock and buy a spark gem.
spark+added lightning

Use it until u get balde vortex
blade vortex+faster casting+added fire
Passive tree

get the first damage and life nodes and then travel to The acrobatics keystone

use balde vortex until u get baldefall,this skill is pretty awesome for levelling and you should faceroll levelling content with it.

Bladefall+faster casting+added fire+spell echo

Travel down to herbalism for more life and get the rest of the points in that area.

Time to go to the witch area

When u got some Es gain on hit jewels and an es shield u can Take eldritch Battery
then pick up power charges and crit nodes.Also take vaal pact as soon u get a life leech gem into your setup.Travel to Melding and take the additional jewel socket.

Finsih teh tree with more levels as shown above.

Dont forget to level power charge on crit and cast on critical strike Gems while leveling!

WHAT U NEED FOR THE TRANSITION AROUND LEVEL 70

Make sure u got a decent wand capt resistances and a tabula or a 5l volls at this point also 2 volley fire jewels are needed.

Thats all i guess, please note again that this build isnt in its final form yet and still maybe effected to some changes.

If you got any Poe related Questions dont be shy ask me here or Whisp me

ING: Paxi_Critsie_Fixi_HC

Last edited by EkarPoe on Mar 11, 2016, 3:30:30 PM
Last bumped on Mar 6, 2016, 11:07:38 AM
where are you putting your two volley's to get 50 dex in the radius?

edit: never mind, i see where you get the +20 from the accuracy nodes
Last edited by Kamirun on Dec 20, 2015, 1:55:43 PM
"
Kamirun wrote:
where are you putting your two volley's to get 50 dex in the radius?

edit: never mind, i see where you get the +20 from the accuracy nodes

Exactly! Depth perception and acuity are needed to meet the dex requ. but accuracy, attack speed and crit are very usefull anyway :)

Actually using three volley fire atm. The third one at the jewel socket, left from Vaal pact.
But im not sure if its actually needed.
I may try and pick up that third one just to see the difference.
I'm loving this build though it's super fun! GG
I'm also using this build and it's so awesome, but on the passive skill tree, where do you put your 4th gem slot ?
I think we would all appreciate more info about the gem placement or maybe a video about the skill tree.
It was a good run, got to 70s, until Igna Phoenix 1shotted me at Zana daily.
Going to try this with MoM next time.
Laihduttakaa.
"
joaomps wrote:
I'm also using this build and it's so awesome, but on the passive skill tree, where do you put your 4th gem slot ?

Ups just saw i didnt allocated those 2 jewel sockets in the final passive tree.

I updated it,those are the one at the witch right of the additional power charge node and 2 points under melding the hybrid es/life cluster

"
ddlambert3 wrote:
I think we would all appreciate more info about the gem placement or maybe a video about the skill tree.

Your right since this questions is comming up frequently from time to time i will do something to be more clearly about the gem placement.
Have you an idea of the dps you have with the build ?

Is it able to handle 3-4+ ppl party ?
IGN: Mynesa

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info