[2.1] LvL89: FoxTactics Vacuum Vortex.

Placeholder for testing

twitch.tv/foxtactics

Please note all of these videos are without the last link in my setup, using a 5l atm, when i get 6L it will be Inc AoE and it will be a huge difference.

------------
Video: http://www.twitch.tv/foxtactics/v/30578700 Killing the Whakawairua Tuahu bosses fairly easy, some misstakes made in the beginning of the cold fight, slippery bastard :D.
------------

------------
Video: http://www.twitch.tv/foxtactics/v/30594097 Doing a necropolis tier "11?" map with phys reflect and vulnerability. Bit surprised myself. Ends with me dragging merviel around while avoiding water tornados.
------------

------------
Video: http://www.twitch.tv/foxtactics/v/30517169 A gorge playthrough: Double boss, -% max res and a beyond unique shows up

Sorry for the looting :), wasnt planning on uploading this.
08:30 is locking the 2 gorge bosses in place, they try to get away but get sucked back in, and beyond boss shows up at 12:00, but get quickly obliterated, note that this is without AoE gem, and will probably be the final gem in the 6l setup.
------------

Just a general idea: Vortex is a very cool skill but i get the feeling im chasing mobs around sometimes and by using Empire's grasp we want to keep the monsters in the damage zone to increasing our clearspeed by sucking in stragglers instead of running after them to much and it also locks bosses and exiles in place hindering them from moving around or leaping at you.

Blade vortex seems to do more dmg or hitting faster when using empires grasp and i couldnt figure out why, so im just gonna repost what he said:

OnyxMelon: It's probably that you just spend less time hitting the monsters that are further away. If you run at 1 blade diameter per second and run in a straight line past a stationary monster at 3/4 of your blade radius from you when closest, you will spend 0.66 seconds hitting it, but if you run in a straight line past a stationary monster at 1/4 of your place radius from you when closest, you will spend 0.97 seconds hitting it, dealing about 46% more damage.

Goals With the build:
* So how do we get out of the 4L that is empires grasp? Easy, we move the skill out of the gloves and build jewels with knockback chance instead, same concept, but now we got a 5-6L to play with..

*Making it being able to run pretty much every map mod available, vuln with phys reflect? No problem. Just did this 5 min ago on a necropolis and was surprised myself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pros & Cons

Pros noted so far:

* Most bosses are trivial with this build, even beyond bosses except the vaal DD one.

* Some bosses\exiles can't even hit you since when you vacuum them you end up behind the starting point of a lot of projectile spells, such as merviels ice spear. Never been hit by it. This is probably a bug?

*Having a Power charge on critical blade vortex linked with cwdt + duration is excellent for keeping power charges up with this build, it lasts for 13 seconds.

* Whirling blades + fortify is the best possible synergy with this build.

Cons noted so far:

* Vacuum all the lightning warp totems that spawn on certain bosses is NOT a good idea, still easy if you can grab the boss and drag him around and the lightning warps will follow.

* It is a semi melee build so you have to build very nice defensive stats, the 4% life leech that comes along this build makes that much easier though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shitty jewels for testing purposes:

Tree: The tree is also not optimized so dont judge me on this :D, still work in p

stuff will look realllly wierd cause im moving stuff around all the time.
Using all kinds of crap atm and really good stuff, some are not final, such as rings, boots, belts, amu, helm, weapon.

Gear:

BUILD TO DO LIST:

Run Hatred
FIX JEWELS
Last edited by FoxTactics on Dec 20, 2015, 12:31:53 PM
Last bumped on Mar 10, 2016, 8:36:02 AM
"
FoxTactics wrote:
however ive noticed way more blades closer to the character, and by using Empire's grasp we want to put the minions there and increasing our clearspeed by sucking in stragglers instead of running after them to much.

This, pretty much. I found on a RT Cyclone mjolner build that 25% Knockback chance (Fending cluster + one jewel) is more than enough to run through maps. Stacking blades should be making the required KB chance lower.

Thanks for sharing !
Stop Bombing Syria
/Flu_prevention_mode ON
Moment Joon 【Passport & Garcon】https://bit.ly/2wXiUSj
MonoNeon 【Put On Earth For You】https://bit.ly/3I22mru
added some text and jewels for now
Here is Rory on the outer blades only being visual. All blades should hit in same radius.

"
Rory wrote:
"
Backpedaling wrote:
He rory on the piety fight you can see the first cast gives a good aoe range blade while the second cast summons the blade really close to the player. Will the aoe be random per cast between certain values? and or is this just a visual thing and will the aoe be constant no matter where the distance of the blade shown?

That's purely for looks, so that the blades aren't all on the same orbit. The first blade will be on the outer orbit, but again, it's only a visual representation.
IGN: EmptyPalms
"
EmptyPalms wrote:
Here is Rory on the outer blades only being visual. All blades should hit in same radius.

"
Rory wrote:
"
Backpedaling wrote:
He rory on the piety fight you can see the first cast gives a good aoe range blade while the second cast summons the blade really close to the player. Will the aoe be random per cast between certain values? and or is this just a visual thing and will the aoe be constant no matter where the distance of the blade shown?

That's purely for looks, so that the blades aren't all on the same orbit. The first blade will be on the outer orbit, but again, it's only a visual representation.

Yeah i saw the respons, but it still felt like it did more dmg or hit faster when closer and a guy on reddit had a pretty good explanation & theory why.

Onyxmelon: It's probably that you just spend less time hitting the monsters that are further away. If you run at 1 blade diameter per second and run in a straight line past a stationary monster at 3/4 of your blade radius from you when closest, you will spend 0.66 seconds hitting it, but if you run in a straight line past a stationary monster at 1/4 of your place radius from you when closest, you will spend 0.97 seconds hitting it, dealing about 46% more damage.
Last edited by FoxTactics on Dec 16, 2015, 1:38:41 PM
Quick question..

Where are you getting life leach from blade vortex with your current setup?
blasphemy warlords mark
"
Protatoe69 wrote:
Quick question..

Where are you getting life leach from blade vortex with your current setup?
He's got Warlord's Mark on Blasphemy in his dagger, & dual curse boots.
Something to test: AFAIK, Projectile Weakness gives 25% chance to knockback but does not discern between projectile or not. I believe all hits cause knockback to an enemy curse with it. Will test in a moment and get back to you.

Edit: Confirmed. I was able to knock enemies back with Projectile Weakness using Blade Vortex, a non-projectile spell.
IGN: Bravo_Thirsty
Last edited by Darkblitz9 on Dec 16, 2015, 8:54:02 PM
Hey man, thanks for sharing this. Finally made coc Vortex that works.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info