Infernal Blow Templar build

Again: Wow, thank you!

I hardly know where to begin, for many of your terms (i.e. Iron Will) I don't even know if they are stones or passives, but looking it up is the way to learn, eyh?;)

On lightning strike: I've read much good about it, I've tried it (barely), and I love it. And not least: I've got it. So, AoE Melee solved, I've no problem combining the two elements, in fact I think it fits my image of this character swell.

I've already spent a few (4, in fact)points not included in your build (the fastest way from start to Swashbuckler), but that should'nt matter. I'm thinkin extra phys dmg and 1H weap boosts carries at least some sense, and worst come to worst, I understand I'll be able to respec a few points now n then (got 2 saved up atm, not sure how that works, but guess I buy back passive nodes point for point).

I'll not do dual weild with this guy, I like the comfort of a shield in my first play through (and there's the satisfaction of non-missing shield charges oc;))

I really want Resolute Tech, so I'll prob spend a looong time in the SW part of the node chart. I was slightly taken aback by the fact that your last build (which I'll base mine on, at least for a while) taking none of the Key Stone-nodes. I kind of like the idea of having something special/game evolving to work towards. Also, Blood Magic seems tempting, has a certain "going all in for a certain style-look" to it. I'm not too crazy about temp pets, so will prob avoid that bit (unless I'm gettin massively swarmed regularly or something).

On weapon swap: I'm a big fan, I like having/using many abilities. Also, habit is hard to break, and I find the w+rmb (yeah, I remap'ed swap) for bosses/crucial caster kills, more intuitive/easier than middle mouse. However, in respect for your massive work on my behalf (and, oc, believing what u say on t subject), I'll go default, and try to get used to it. Btw, the swap/mouse programming and myself eventually made friends, so I if I revert, I know how :)

I'm really glad I've got your thorough analysis in writing, would'nt remember much if you'd told me. Memory not w it used to be, neither concentr... what where we talkin about?;) I'll be back to this post regularely, and hope to get a bit of advice now and then.

In closing, here's an attempt at summing up my (your) main priorities (this is where I hope you don't go "Awww gawd, did he even read my post?!?):

Nodes
- Health
- +% ele/lightn/fire dmg
- Resists
- Strength
- Int
- +% phys dmg
- + %armor if affordable/near my path
(some temporary accuracy/Dex untill I reach ResTech)

Other:
Lighning strike, Heavy Strike, Shield Charge/Jump, and NO Firestorm;)
Fire and Lightning auras/dmg passive gems, plus life leach/health on hit.
Phys Armor all out
Never swim right after heavy meals

That about right? Anyway, I got my personal guide to come back to when in doubt.

This will be the big one for me, the char w witch I learn to manouver among these 1350 skill nodes. Even if I'm guaranteed to make a great number of mistakes, I'm sure they will be fewer due to your "start-out guidance". Cudos!

And, if I did'nt already say so: WOW!
Please forgive any grammar/spelling errors in the above post, as not all important norwegian vikings have a life time to dedicate to the study of your soon-to-be-forgotten, so called world language. I never took the slightest interest, myself, not in the language, and certainly never in irony.
Iron will is a support gem. Ah, its easier just to show you... It's somewhere in the gear that my templar wears :P

might as well show my setup too while we're at it, to give you an idea how my tanky templar is geared. this is my 3rd character and my first and only templar, was made to be as tanky as possible with the hopes of one day being able to facetank piety solo (still need lots more armor & HP to facetank piety solo in merciless without potion spamming; her phys dmg sword swipe hurts).

Its not the best, but it can survive well enough in act 3 merciless although i still need to kite a bit.

Spoiler

current build stats (merciless)

Spoiler

current passive skill tree

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEswVbDH0QfxHbE1sUIBVQGS4aMh0UI00kiyftKS42ujbpPQ9ANkRyRtdN2E99UEdQUFFgVElVxlXWVw1YY1nzXz9k52aeZ5tyqXdifLt82YBWgW-ExIuMjHaMz49GkFWePJ7NogCnCKcwqZWsqrT5uJO53cAaxBXE9saextjPZdDQ0iHUj9lh4XPjaudS7SDvDvAf8i_ynPPd9kj60g==

projected future passive skill tree; may change accordingly. the most important goal is getting the two other less mana reserve nodes. the rest is tentative.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAdwB5wJxBLMFLQVbDH0QfxHbE1sUIBVQGS4aMhv6HRQjTSSLJd8n7SkuMgkyiTa6Nug26T0PPfxANkCgRHJGaUbXR35N2E99UEdRYFPfVElVxlXWVw1X4lhjWK9Y21nzXz9gS2TnZU1mnmebbmlwu3KpdO1253did-V4DXrvfLh8u3zZgFaBb4TEhNmE74uMjHaPRpBVm4OePJ7NogCkGacIpzCplavFrKqsr7T5uJO53b6KvqfAD8AaxBXE9saextjPZdDQ0iHSTdSP2WHhc-Nq51LtIO8O707wH_Iv8pzz3fba97760v3P
Thanks for the peek into the future m8!

I must admit I did'nt look too closely at the items themselves, wanna keep some of the mystery u know, but I got a good overview of the gems. Still have'nt gotten any support gems myself, and just started seeing a few linked sockets in the store.

My man SonOfTempus is now safely (?) waiting by the port into the Ship Graveyard. After a near hour of swearing and fretting from finding items for seemingly ANY other build, I finally got lucky n picked up an up to date mace with some 2-27 added lightning dmg, awesome for my lvl (15). I seem to struggle with stats to equip though... Of the latest maces in the store, one needs too much int, the other strength. U figure I should give in to t temptation and get str/int nodes to keep up (thus postponing the health nodes heading for Body&Soul?

LStrike is working out great (RMB), with heavy strike on left. I wanted to test if he'd do a normal attack with LMB if I ran out o mana, but just as I got close to finding out, I repeatedly ran out of enemies. Guess my mana regen is good enough ;) Would you know what happens if u try to use a skill on LMB, with empty mana supply?

Anyway, I've been awake for an indecent length of time now, so I apologize if I failed to answer anything in ur post. Well, back to the hack, I'll check back in a bit:)

Cheers

- Perp
Please forgive any grammar/spelling errors in the above post, as not all important norwegian vikings have a life time to dedicate to the study of your soon-to-be-forgotten, so called world language. I never took the slightest interest, myself, not in the language, and certainly never in irony.
if you run out of mana you just hit with your normal wimpy attacks :P
Wimpy?!? SonOfTempus?!? I don't think so!;)

Ok, so it's slightly wimpier than LS, but hey, it's doin it's job. I'm very happy with my set-up now, thanks again for all the tips. The only keys I've set to TQ-mode is potions 4 & 5 to Tab and space (best heal, best hybrid(?) potion, for reflex access.

I've gotten a few support gems sine last post, added ice dmg (not so awesome for this guy) and Added Elemntal Dmg +63% (bloody awesome, put it with LS. Merveille did'nt stand a chance, her minions dying around her with me just circling around her to hit most shrews possible with AoE).

Enough ranting, hope to see you (and anyone else who's interested) back here later.

- Perp

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info