[2.1] Elemental Explosion Build - Advice and Planning

I am still quite new to the game, and have done a fair amount of research, but you just can't replace an experienced and personalized look at your ideas. I am most concerned about survivability. Most guides I see seem to just rattle off a "style" of defense and say nothing more... As a new player, that tells me very little about just what I should be looking for to survive higher end play. So any input would be appreciated!

Build Concept
- Softcore Character
- Survival comes from a combination of hybrid life & energy shield, buffered with minions and some crowd control.
- Primary damaging skills thusfar are storm call and flameblast supported by an ice nova totem.
- Goal is to use thoughtful and timing dependent high powered spells in conjunction with elemental equilibrium to simply blow the stuffing out of things from behind a line of minions.

Notable Design Specifics
- Ice Nova totem with increased area and blind chance. For support via triggering elemental equilibrium and improving survival of myself and minions with crowd control. All fights begin with this being tossed in to the fray.
- Minions are only there to soak damage. If they deal some, cool. But I'm not a minion master.
- Will be manually tossing elemental weakness curse on things.
- Standard play will consist of a sizeable army of minions at the front, ice nova totem tossed in to the fray, followed by elemental weakness curse, and then having heavily beefed up storm calls and flame blasts going off in between the ice nova pulses. I love the idea of these well prepared and ultra hard hitting damage punches as all of the storm calls hit at once, or a heavily charged flameblast detonates on the elemental equilibrium debuff from the totem.

Current Passive Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBBLMFQg18EFgRLRFQHNwfxyj6LJwtizLRNbk9X0GWRKtFR0yzUlNVrlfJaPJr220ZdhF8g4IQh2WIQI8aj6aQM5eVl_SYraIApqynK66zr5u4k8Bm0B_Q9d-K37Dr7u_r8B8=

Future Passive Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBBAcEswVCCPQNfBBYEJcRLRFQFVAWbxbzGmwc3B2DIvQkqiY8KPoqmCycL50wWzLRNbk26TpYPAU9X0GWRAREq0VHRZ1JsUyzTblSU1NSVa5VxlfJXGto8mpDa9tsC20ZdhF8g30Yf8aCEIKbg9uESIdliECPGo-mkDOTJ5WHl5WX9Jitmjua4J_foS-iAKaspwinK6yXrJius6-buJO-ir-XwFTAZsNtyT3MvNAf0PXVptfP2Qva3d-K37DjauQi6-7tPO9874jv6_Af8h731_k3-oA=

- Refunds practical application and connected passive, as I only had those for the dex and str early on. Picked up a Might and Agility notable instead.

Current thoughts:
Will this survive? seems to have 105% more life and 121% more energy shield. Also has 32% all resist and 20% chaos resist. I also got 10% all resist from that one quest in act 2. Minions are also pretty beefy. I'm actually concerned I might be picking up too many minion nodes. I just know they are a big part of my defense, so I don't want to leave them out to dry. Will be summoning them with more life, resistances, and speed hopefully. Hoping the totem freezing and blinding will help too. Will probably be using some sort of defensive specters, like the ones that create shields in the act 3 tower.

Any other thoughts you may have on improving the build would be appreciated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info