[2.1] Tanky Lightning Strike 1h+shield Duelist

Introduction

Hello everybody,

I am a fairly new PoE player and not very familiar with the passive tree and all the math and tiny interactions. Still, I tried to scrape together a build and am at a point where I would be glad about some help from experienced players on how to continue in the skilltree.

The Basic Idea

I wanted to make a tanky duelist with a 1h sword(so we can use whirling blades+fortify), shield+maxblock and use Lightning Strike as main dps skill.
Keystones I am going for are:
- Point Blank
- Iron Reflexes
- Iron Grip
- Resolute Technique
- Unwavering Stance

I am currently level 57 and the current skill tree looks like this:

I just took a lot of life and as much Strength as I can get, as Lightning Strike double dips in it with Iron Grip. Now I am very uncertain how to continue. Specc into all the endurance charges? Take the frenzy charge? How can I achieve maxblock!? Go into templar? Is the new duelist mana- and lifeleech cluster good?

Skill Setup

My rough ideas about skills id like to use:
Lightning Strike + Multistrike + Faster Attacks + Added Fire dmg + LifegainOnHit + (Weapon Ele dmg)
Whirling Blade + Fortify + Faster Attacks
Blood Rage + ???
Tempest Shield + ???
Hatred/Grace + ???
Warlords Mark + Blasphemy + ???
Reckoning + End.ch.o.m.s + Inc.phys.dmg.

Here I would also be happy about some tipps towards a good skill/gem setup. For example, is it worth it to use Frenzy on single targets to keep up charges? Do I cast Enduring cry on single targets for stacks? Is it better to curse as an aura or to use curse on hit with tempest shield? Anything I missed out on, that is crucial?

Items

I want to keep this as budget as possible Just aiming for gear with life, resists and high evasion, Weapon ele damage on jewelry for dps. A high physical dps and high aps 1h sword. Was thinking about Ston of Lhazwar for spellblock as the only unique. I am open for suggestions here, too.

I know this build is still a mess but I would like to make it into a viable good one with your help hopefully! Thanks already in advance <33!

Cheers,

DiZzY
Last edited by DiZzY2k on Dec 15, 2015, 12:52:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info