Elemental Hit Meele Build Sketch -(Feedback&Suggestions please)

Hello,

I started playing a few days ago and after finding an elemental hit gem I started thinking about to build something similar to the good old d2 avenger paladin.

What this means is that I want to use 1h+shield and bashing things to death with elemental damage, in PoE elemental hit was the closest thing to that.

So this is only a sketch of a possible build for the default game mode, meaning no hardcore, no race.

Besides using -Elemental Hit I was thinking about using the following abilities:
-Tempest Shield
-Elemental Weakness

supported by some auras
-Discipline
-Haste
where the two I though would be needed, the first for some added defense and the second for killing stuff faster as you'd do single target dps mostly with this build, but I'm not sure as there is quite a selection of auras and I dont know which would really be best.

For the passive skill tree I imagined something like this, mostly focusing on boosting and adding elemental dmg for offense and getting shield, armor life nodes for defense.

Skill Tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBhMREckA2I020-fAfGF2iAASzMol35Vfi7DgpT4Kb5CK1BEVHMtG4k6cIj0bQ0JuhZ73ub_TpDH0Qf8aeTdiMdny7JIs9D8T2E1tk51XWBVuLjOFz7SBG1x0UTDUoxfO-GjinhJBVwBpmnqmVUWBwfU992CQ2xR8CBAdMsy0fbRnB86Kjf8YRlg5I44SIaxnXNj3ndGHiD6ttbLVIJ6labSQ8p1xJUXFNms9DY7cxWPWdxBRNgW-ePPNxbXtVS4w2JpXr7sXMBTqEr4fbFr83R4BWrfE8713G3fO2hn1T

I'd like to start my first "serious" character with that or a similar setup and would be grateful for some feedback with the following questions in mind:
-Accuracy: would this be a problem? Do I need to think about Resolute Technique?
-Mana management: Possibility of maintaining EH and EW with all the passive skills&auras? I choose to get the Soul Siphon node - is this enough with mana reg or do I need clarity or even other solutions like going into Eldritch Battery?
-Survivability: enough with a shield+defense boosting nodes?
-DPS: enough?

Further toughs, information: I dont want to have an "uber-super-killing-everything-within-seconds-buil" - but something that can solo stuff with decent enough speed and be useful in group play with his auras+some single target dps

Thanks in advance and I'm looking forward for suggestions, feedback and thoughs.
*bump*

Still need help and advice with this.
Pump again - really no1 around that ever tried that? Or is interested in such a build?
I'm using generic 1H + high amour shield
I'm level 53 and i have 2k DPS with infernal blow, its is linked with elemental damg and faster hit support gems

i have tempest shield and anger aura running (they are both linked to a mana reduction support gem), about 46% block chance 56% reduction from amor, its a bit low atm since my shield is 12 levels under me.

it works really great for me 99% of the time, the place i have a bit of problems are with slow hard hitting bosses.

i'm at work atm :p so cant link my build but ill do that later if i remember.
or just wisper me in game. (lightningshield)
Last edited by latrodk on Feb 20, 2013, 5:18:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info