Explosive Arrow + Quill Rain -- viable?

Last edited by Polkiousness on Feb 15, 2013, 3:56:39 PM
I'm currently using this build. It absolutely destroys groups of mobs. You will need to find some alternative DPS for single targets though. Like right now General Grav is destroying me on merciless.

But put a group of more than 1 mob together and explosive arrow +GMP +life gain on hit is instawin.

Some enemies you can single target just by standing next to a wall and laying explosive arrow into the wall. Some increased AOE helps as well.

You will absolutely have mana issues. EA for me costs 87 mana right now, and you are shooting it 3.11/sec. I decided to go with blood magic, and that solved the issue for me especially combined with life gain on hit.

The knockback is an interesting choice. Not sure if it is worth it with only 15% chance, but maybe it will work out.

Regarding life, you didnt go anywhere near enough life.
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
Last edited by Trapperkeeper on Feb 15, 2013, 4:14:08 PM
Blood Magic + Life on hit sounds like a plan. I can avoid all those silly mana nodes.

I'm torn on the knockback, but I want to give it a go. 15% is low, but given how high my AS will be, it could work out.

Thanks!
Using somth simmilar and just wondering how do you plan on dealing with the lack of dex? cause atm I Ran into a brick wall lvling my explosive arrow and without that maxed the build won't work
"
zerados wrote:
Using somth simmilar and just wondering how do you plan on dealing with the lack of dex? cause atm I Ran into a brick wall lvling my explosive arrow and without that maxed the build won't work

Just picked up those nodes that gave +20 or +30 dext without going too far out of my way.

This is at lvl 67, but you can see there are a few options close to templar start that will get you a quick 50 dext.

Passive skill tree build
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAnEEswUtDjwOrRJpFCAUTRRxFxwY2xkuGYUaOBpVGmwdFCFgJKon7SmlMok26DbpOlJAoEGqQ5xQR1BQVElX4lhjWfNfP2BLYSFko2aecXlyqXTtdPF673zZgziE74zPkFWYrZ2Ana6iAKcwp4SsqrndwBrG2NSP37_jaudS7DjvDvIv9kj3Mvjr-tI=

Using something like that on my lvl 60 hc marauder, currently in act 2 merc without many problems, oneshotting most packs. Only problem is reflect mobs, so you should probably get elemental adaptaion to get some more fire resistance.
Using lightning arrow with lmp to proc elemental equilibrium increases the damage of EA with 50%, use again after explosion to increase burn damage by 50%, doing alot of damage.
Blood magic solves the mana issues and got around 150-200hps regen so no problems spamming spells.
still using quill rain at lvl 60.
Last edited by gaulitz on Feb 21, 2013, 1:20:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info