[2.1] Proximi's Tri Curse Fire Nova Mine Build, EndGame/Atziri Viable, 300k AOE

News:

Preparing for Ascendancy:
I decided to abandon elemental proliferation fnm build and not update it for ascendancy since Burn Proli mines won't get any love. The current proli build will probably work in ascendancy in exactly same way as it works right now.

Only neat change is elemental overload. Elemental overload is a must for all burn builds but it comes with cost of being pain in the ass cause it forces you to use non mine proc skill Orb of storms(i don't really like it, It's a step back in the gameplay experience cause everything these days is about automatization).

Best ascendancy choices:
Elementalist - conflux shock stack everything even with mines-> 50% more dmg
Necromancer - dmg immunity through max block/life on block
Saboteur sucks...

I'm going to update detonate dead trapper (get a little bit of love).

Are you bored playing generic builds (incinerate, srs, reave...)? Then this build might be for you! Fire nova mine offers unique gameplay experience while being high end game viable. Your party members will love it because of 3 curses constantly covering whole screen as well as massive aoe dmg. This build use of several unique game mechanics that have been forgotten since Elemental proliferation died but i'm gonna bring them back!

This build guide include two versions:
Outdated - Basic: 2curses, decent life, alchemist nodes - i keep this one just in case of some curse Nerf hit again
Overall better - Advanced: Tricurse, less life, better surviability, curse nodes

Obligatory Pros & Cons

Pros:
Decent surviability
High damage & AOE
Good clear speed
Reflect Immune
Party friendly (3curse)
No lag
Unique gameplay
Only one using this skill (at the time of creation this guide)
Atziri viable

Cons:
Only decent surviability (not a godlike)
No leech or regen, life sustained only by flasks
Some players dislike spell that covers whole screen because they can't see ground effects bearers
Hardcore non viable yet

Basic knowledge

Why fire nova mine and not fire trap? No cooldown!, better aoe, POE first viable mine build challenge, blasphemy and mines have one thing in common: they both work with you as epicenter.

Forgotten game mechanics (Double dipping)
Main source of damage Ignite, cool stuff about ignite:

- Negative resist from curses applies twice initial hit and burn

- All Damage nodes (except spell damage) and doryani catalyst applies twice ^^

- Concentrated effect + frenzy charges + trap and mine more damage multiplier applies twice^^

As for damage mitigation we use high ES for Eldritch Battery & Mind over matter and zealoth's oath for ES regen. On top of that there is taste of hate, Rumi's Concoction with alchemist nodes or temporal chains and Chaos golem.

Basic & Advanced comparison

These two versions of the same build divide by slightly different gameplay and by costs.

Necessery items:
Basic: double doryani, enlighten lvl2, good es
Advanced: double doryani, enlighten lvl2 (better 3), enhance lvl3 (better 4) and very good es/life gear

40-50ex for advance include lvl 4 Enhance, but it does just fine with lvl 3 so the cost is prety much the same for both versions

Leveling Guide

I leveled this build in Talisman league and i was supriced how easy it actualy was.

How to level this build? Same as any other elemental build, start as fire trap/flame totem. Take all the elemental nodes in shadow area and go straight to the big trap cluster.

Early leveling uniques: Goldrim, Lifesprig or the new Night's Hold talisman
On level 20 passive tree should look like: this
Don't forget to get as soon as possible 20Q Temporal chains and one 20Q blasphemy, 20q elemental weakness ain't bad either but it's usually a bit costly (just level them don't use blasphemy early on, aoe is too small) also advice to buy and level animate guardian if you plan to use him.

Continue leveling with flame totem to level 40ish when you can transition to fire nova mine, it might not be as strong as flame totem/fire trap but it will be enough for cruel and early merciless.

Transition to fire nova mine when you get your first AOE nodes in witch area. You might try blasphemy with flammability/ele weakness helps a little bit.

Items: Right now you should use +2 level of fire gems sceptre
3Link: FNM+iAOE+Trap and mine dmg or Fire Penetration

Passive tree: around lvl 40

Now you can either go for templar AOE nodes (what i did) or take life/es and life regen nodes in shadow area. In any case lvl 60 should look like: this

As you might noticed there are no curse nodes, mana reservation nodes, MoM or EB. These nodes you should take as a last thing.
On level 60 you successfully finished Merciless dificulty and you are probably starting farming docks. Now you might want to buy some cheap ES/Life gear (you need at least 800ES in order to sustain EB/MoM and 3curses)

LVL 60 gear: Doedre's Damning ring rest rare: ES/Life/Resist and cheap 5l, dualwield weap (2 sceptres are the best): added fire spell dmg/fire dmg/spell damage

Passive tree: here lvl 60ish

From here you should farm sacrifices in Merciless docks. I usually farm from 60 to 73 and get like +-8sets (1ex) use that to buy enhance lvl 3 (much more important than catalysts).
After you get enhance 3 you should aim for starting Life/es/res gear: 800ES total, 3k Life, 75% all elemental no need for any chaos res

Item Upgrade Order:
- Enhance Lvl 3 (1ex)
- Doedre's damning (1c - 10c)
- Basic rare gear and 5link (total 10 - 15c)
- Start using animate guardian (when he hits 8k life in tooltip) + life flask of animation
- Double doryani (depend on current the state of market 0.5ex - 3ex)
- Better rare gear (total 1ex-3ex)
- 5l Carcass (2ex)
- 6l Carcass (depend on the market 11ex)

Passive tree Goal

My Current Talisman League Gear - Atziri down

Stats

Basic
fire nova mine

with frenzy charges

Flameblast

with frenzy charges

defensive

Advanced
fire nova mine

with frenzy charges

Flameblast

with frenzy charges

defensive

Links & Gear

Basic version

5/6Link:

FNM + Trap and mine Damage + Fire penetration + IAOE + Concentrated effect + (Controlled Destruction)

4links:

Chaos Golem + Minion Resist + Minion life + (portal)
Blasphemy + Flammability + Elemental Weakness + Enlighten lvl2+
Flameblast + Chance to ignite + Concetrated effect + Fire penetration

3links:

Spell totem + faster casting + detonate mines
Increased duration + Vaal Haste + Anger

Advanced version

5/6Link:

FNM + Trap and mine Damage + Fire penetration + IAOE + Concentrated effect + (Controlled Destruction)

4links:

Chaos Golem + Minion Resist + Minion life + (portal) or Animate Guardian

Blasphemy + Temporal chains + Elemental Weakness + Enhance lvl3+

Flameblast + Chance to ignite + Concetrated effect + Fire penetration

3links:

Spell totem + faster casting + detonate mines

Enlighten + Blasphemy + Flammability

Animate guardian is amazing! Not only that he increase your curse effectivness but also damage of FNM initial hit and burn as well. Running with him quite a lot and me and my party members love him. I've done dozens of t11 public map parties and he's still alive. Also 10c invest is not such a big deal. Note: do not take him with you on atziri farming.

Animate Guardian Equip:
bought all for 5c + 2alch gloves craft

My setup - Basic

My setup Advanced

Gear in depth

Head and chest

Why i listed head and chest together? Because you need to get high ES somewhere and rest is prety much set. Here are my recommendations:
- My personal favourite High ES helm + Carcass (600es, 70life,resist) -> increased aoe and 10%dmg
- Doedre's Scorn + high ES chest -> 800es, 60% increased damage, no life, low resist
- Alphas + high ES chest -> cannot be frozen, 2 free skill nodes, 800es, no life, low resist
- Devoto's devotion + high ES chest -> movement speed, dex, 800es, chaos res, no life, low ele resist
- Cloak of flame + high ES helm -> only 500es, 20%phys as fire, low life, medium resist, 5 free skill points
- double rare high ES and perhaps some evasion -> ES, Life, resist, no dmg bonus

Weapon

DORYANI CATALYST ==> best in slot (tremor rod sucks)

Gloves

Rare ES base - LF high ES, Life, Resist, strength or dexterity

Boots

The blood dance - BIS, legacy if possible, non legacy will work too

Jewelry

We are looking for either doedre's damning or for corrupted amulet since doedre's have only the additional curse no life or resist (my favourite rashkaldor's). Everything else: life, es, resist, strenth, dexterity

MATH!

MATH!

Calculation of probable dps! we all love numbers and tooltip for this build is very wrong so i provide a probable dps take it with 80% accuracy.

Basic

Advanced

Jewels

Most important mods in this order: Life, Fire dmg/Mine dmg, Area Dmg, Damage, Mine laying speed/cast speed/resists

Videos

Advanced

Plateau T10 party gameplay compilation - pls understand lower quality, my pc isn't strong enough, note that without recording the gameplay is much safer and smoother

Atziri run

Village ruin (79) - vulnerability + -40chaos res

Old videos pre 2.1.0c nerf

Residence t9 (76) - Pre nerf
Waterways t13 (80) - Pre nerf
Residence t9 (76) - after nerf

Uber atziri section

I give a second try to uber atziri, failed again but i did get further. Here are my changes to build that i made:

Chest: for adds i still use carcass (aoe really helps with clear speed) but for boss fights i used

6link: FNM + Concentrated + Trap and mine dmg + Controlled destruction + fire pen + Rapid decay

Skill tree: removed elemental nodes from shadow area and took faster way around, then removed frenzy charge and 1 aoe node to take all life nodes avaible. skill tree here

these changes increased my life to 5k (still using MOM) which is enough in my opinion cause it prevents from getting stun locked by random hit.

Dealing with monsters

Adds:
Never died to them, prety fast clear speed
Strategy: never stop, if you stop moving you are dead. Temporal chains cause their attack animation so slow that when they start their swing you are already somewhere else. Also don't be too hasty since you will encounter curse immune pack and when you do make sure you recognize them before you end up like their dinner.

Vaals:
Run around like crazy person avoiding all attacks and planting bombs when you can. Make sure you have at least 2 topaz and 1 quicksilver or a moving skill (leap slam+faster attacks or warp+casting+duration).

Trio:
First kill quil rain bitch. Just run around while having temp chains on them at all time! she will atack your shadow as every other monster in the game so there is no danger here.

Then double striker. If you dont kill this guy you loose because he became extremely fast if you kill cyclone guy. its still prety easy cause you can still aply burn

Make sure to kill them in the middle or in one corner.

Last cycloner is the hardest part of this fight since he's burn immune now. If you die (like me) change controlled destruction for aoe it helps with adds all around. just run around planting bombs avoiding everything.

Uber you know what to do just don't get hit like me

I hope it helped and good luck

Changelog

22.12.2015 Added Uber atziri section
v1.02 17.12.2015 added 2nd version of this build
v1.01 16.12.2015- thx to ghudda nerf hit us hard, Reworked CORE of the build

My other build 2.1

Detonate Dead - massive damage/aoe
Uses almost same tree so you can transition when you get bored with FNM
Last edited by Proximi on Mar 4, 2016, 5:50:31 PM
Hi! What about Emberwake ring?
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Emberwake
Very interesting build.
And just nerfed.
"
2luck wrote:
Hi! What about Emberwake ring?

Truth is I haven't thought about using emberwake while making this build. But i see potential of increasing damage against bosses and monsters with 6man party on higher level map. It might work since FNM is fast hitter and with 70-80 chance to ignite and 15s duration need to test that.

"
Qwark28 wrote:
And just nerfed.

I knew it! Every time someone asked me to make guide i responded no they would nerf me the very next day and it fu*** happend :D

edit: i was wrong it was that fighter against the system Ghudda who initiated this nerf video here
Last edited by Proximi on Dec 15, 2015, 3:53:51 AM
My fail: (It's happening GGG officialy KILLED Enhance/Blasphemy gems as they did it with elemental proliferation!!!) - not fair

edit: i apologize for my rage, it wasn't fair to GGG (pls understand my feelings when the very next day of release of my build, it got nerfed)
Last edited by Proximi on Dec 15, 2015, 6:22:08 AM
added new math section, working on new videos as well as atziri run
You say it is atziri viable, can we see a video of it ?

Eddit : Just saw your message. Do it fast man ! :D
Last edited by ZePample on Dec 15, 2015, 1:05:30 PM
"
You say it is atziri viable, can we see a video of it ?

Eddit : Just saw your message. Do it fast man ! :D

Added Atziri run in video section

Noticed a bug: I'm not sure if it's intentional or not blasphemy curses during atziri fight doesn't reflect.
Last edited by Proximi on Dec 15, 2015, 6:54:45 PM
GGG is toying with us, they canceled 2.1.0c nerf! So im gonna make guide here for both versions one curse and 2nd the current and compare them to each other so it will be up to you guys to deside which one you'll run.

They both have kind of different gameplay:

-Curse one slows everything around scales by massive negative resist

-While concentrated scales by More dmg multiplier and survives by flasks
Last edited by Proximi on Dec 16, 2015, 4:05:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info