[2.1] Essence Drain + Contagion Budget (Nice DoT)

Well title says it all. I tried to give a shot to chaos shadow and its actually pretty successful for now.
This build is also available for Witch and probably for Templar.

I have to say its my first build that i try to publish. Don't go hard on me if its already done.

My main characters always based on Life and Armour, its first time i tried ES and Life on character, so if you have better tree suggestion please post it and ill check it out and update the build.

So here it goes
current gear (Hardcore Talisman)

So my gear sucks and i know, but main idea is to get spell damage on items which is pretty important.
Also life and ES is important.

My current tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYABx4I9A5ID6sRDxEvEZYTbRQJFLAWvx_HJIsmiCaVKworeCycLYs6WESrSRNJUUwtUq9VrlXGXEBd8mHiZ_xqQ2qMaxdtGXWedoKCEIIeh8uIQongj6aP-pMflSCVLqLZp5usmK1KsNi00bVItzC7TbzqwFTBxcHzwzrIDMgUzxXfsOZY62PsGPDV9W_31w==?accountName=Tosnl&characterName=DiriBoy

Gems

I'm kinda poor and using maximum 4L items atm.
Contagion-Rapid Decay/Increased Duration-Increased AOE-Void Manipulation
Essence Drain-Rapid Decay-Void Manipulation-Controlled Destruction(-Empower is important if you have 5/6 Link-Slower/Faster projectile maybe? Im not sure about last slot but Faster would be fine. Just anything that increase Projectile/Spell Damage)

Those are important gems as offensive to have.
You can get Increased Duration or Rapid Decay depend on how much DPS are you looking for.

Get Wither-Faster Casting-Increased AOE-Increased Duration for bosses and DPS boost on party
"
LazyZunde wrote:

additional/utillity skills

cast when dmg taken- blade vortex - poison/spell echo - blind

Artic armour (looks awesome when blade vortex is up)

blasphemy - temp chains

spell totem - wither - faster casting - inc aoe

vulnerability

Playstyle

Well im not really sure if GGG ment to do that but there is a mechanic on Contagion we would like to abuse.

First use Contagion on a pack, Then use Essence Drain on any mob that affected by Contagion. Normally what suppose to happen when a mob die with Contagion is known. It spreads the Contagion. But if a mob has Essence Drain on it, it also getting spread by Contagion!!!

Your combo would be same for bosses and packs. Only thing that changes is wither between those. If its boss you are attacking use also wither sometimes so it will get more dmg by Essence Drain and Contagion.

Offensive Stats
Currently LvL 57!
Essence Drain:
2311 DPS
6086,8 DoT

Contagion:
1054,5 DoT

Defensive Stats
1877 Life
798 ES (1153 with Discipline)
32.5 Life Regen
Elemental Resists are capped
-14 Chaos res

Final tree i'm currently considering.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYABLMHHgj0DXwOSA-rEQ8RLREvEZYTbRQJFLAWvxzcH8ckiyaIJpUo-isKK3gsnC2LMtE2PTpYQYdEq0VHRZ1JE0lRTC1Sr1NSVUtVrlXGV8lcQFxrXfJh4mKsZ_xqQ2qMaxdsjG0ZdZ52gnyDghCCHoLHhEiHy4hCieCPGo-mj_qTH5UglS6a4J2qogCi2aebrJitSrDYtNG1SLcwtz64k7tNvOrAVMBmwcXB88M6w23IDMgUzxXYvd1f37DmWOtj6-7sGPAf8NX1b_fX-ej-Cg==

LazyZunde's Final tree

"
LazyZunde wrote:

http://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYBBAcEswceDkgPqxEtES8RlhNtFAkWvxbzGGoc3B_HJIsmPCaIJpUpTysKK3gsnC0fLYsvnTLRPAU9X0VHRZ1JE0lRTLNSKVJTUq9TUlXGVeBXlFgHWFpcQF3yXyph4mf8aPJqjG0ZdFV1nnaCeC98S3yDfOV_xoIeg9uExYUyh8uIQongjHaPGo_6kx-TJ5UglS6WdJeVl_SaO5rgm6GbtZ48n9-hL6IAotmnm6yYrUqw2LTRtUi3MLtNvorAZsHFwfPDOsgMyBTLvc8V0B_VptsL3V_mWOaB62Pr5Ovu7BjtPO987-vwH_DV9W_31w==

Thanks for help mate

Bandits
Oak-Kill-Kill
You can also kill oak if you considering ES build

Please let me know if you have any question or write down below.
YOUR FEEDBACK IS IMPORTANT AS FUCK!
Last edited by Tosnl on Dec 15, 2015, 10:19:21 AM
Last bumped on May 5, 2016, 9:57:37 AM
Amazing build. would play 10/10
Wither doesn't work with spell echo, you can put increase Aoe on it
Oh good to know, i couldnt try it out yet because there is no need to use that for me. Every pack dies with single combo of ED + Contagion.
Well its better now, i can put it to Shield instead. No need for Increase AoE because as i said there is no need to use it on packs.
In solo everything die quickly I agree, but in group it's a little harder to dps properly (more hp).

The increase Aoe will allow you to boost your dmg on more mob
Good point. Do you have any other suggestion on build mate?
I thought about this tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_tNEmlcgMYeJ2glVLtUjrYxEvNj0rCp2qXfJsjA5IYqwRlrcwf8YHHhQJkyeVLhNtvopsC_DVJoihL8rTIvSP-klRtAxtGVxA6roI9IfLDXzAVKebvOpqQ3WezxVXySj6gsf56EGHtz7-Cti9nL4NHzwoHb4zhwPuuJMc3I8a6-6nCI9Gm6H311KvrUpn_BhqOVJYB6yYOlhVxoPbhEhca8NtMtFFR8BmBLOiAPAfaPI8Be98n98PqySLwzqJ4OZYkx9JEw==

Well i dont think that ill go for duo curse yet. But im pretty sure ill go for templar life nodes. so it will be more like this i suppose

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYABLMHHgj0DXwOSA-rEQ8RLREvEZYTbRQJFLAWvxzcH8ckiyaIJpUo-isKK3gsnC2LMtE2PTpYQYdEq0VHRZ1JE0lRTC1Sr1NSVUtVrlXGV8lcQFxrXfJh4mKsZ_xqQ2qMaxdsjG0ZdZ52gnyDghCCHoLHhEiHy4hCieCPGo-mj_qTH5UglS6a4J2qogCi2aebrJitSrDYtNG1SLcwtz64k7tNvOrAVMBmwcXB88M6w23IDMgUzxXYvd1f37DmWOtj6-7sGPAf8NX1b_fX-ej-Cg==

I dont think ill need Skill Effect Duration nodes and i really want to get those spell damages from witch. also Avoiding interrupt is really nice cuz otherwise kinda low life might be a bit problem.

It will be ES + Life hybrid build i guess. Can anyone let me know whats downside of hybrid?
Just wanted to suggest having Wither on a totem, it's pretty nice to be able to move around while it casts continuously on mobs.
IGN~~VellyBelly

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info