[2.1] Poor Mans Physical Spell Cyclone CoC - AKA Twirly twirly blades everywhere

Hi Everyone my name is AngryCustard and I like to kill things.

This my third installment in the poor mans build guide series. Killing all the things as fast as possible for as cheaply as possible is what I am about. Why play a boring cookie cutter build? Why trench through Wraeclast like a boring meat axe when you could be destroying all of the things, you could be face rolling content with a big ole grin on your face. Physical Damage Spells spin to win is where it is at in 2.1...

Why Spin to Win? (Cyclone)
Spoiler
Attack on the move! If you really want to ramp your clear speed you want an attack that allows you to kill things while you're still trucking. It has a couple of negatives when it comes to single target because the number of single target hits you get compared to Molten strike is severely limited. However for clearing maps and rolling content there is nothing better than spin to win.

Physical Damage Spells
Spoiler
Want to WTFpwn anything standing in front of you? Well the new physical damage spells available Blade Vortex and Bladefall combine fantastically well to give the CoC Cycloner options they've never had before. Physical damage everywhere! You can virtually cover your entire screen with Bladefall and your immediate area with Blade Vortex. Physical Damage is superior to Elemental damage as it is resisted far less often. Adding Hatred takes your physical damage spells to that next level with a 40% more multiplier!

Blasphemy + Ass Mark
Spoiler
This thing is ridiculous! I freaking love it. Anything close enough for you to hit with your cyclone is cursed with whatever you want. My personal preference is Ass Mark. It provides me with a 40% damage Multiplier, it gives me a flat chance to crit mobs and also grants me the power charges I need for the build so that I do not have to run either Voll's Protector or PCoC, this mean gives me so many more options for a Chest Piece/Skill Gem combo. This combo is the dogs bollox!

Skill Tree
Spoiler
Current level 71 Talisman

End Game Level 90

Level 80

Level 60

Level 40(Can start Cyclone CoC here)

Bandit Quests
Spoiler
Normal - Help Oak + 40 Max Life
Curel - Help Oak + 16% Physical Damage
Merciless - Help Alira + 1 Power Charge

Gear
Spoiler
Gearing for this build is pretty easy. You don't require any uniques to make it work, there are simply a couple of things that will make life a little easier that is it.

Current Gear (71 Talisman)
As you can see below my gear is nothing special and I am thoroughly ruining content with this build.
Spoiler

Recommended Gear
Spoiler
Restless Ward Makes the quality of life of this build infinitely better. It is not required, but it doubles the length of time you get on your charges. Making Assassins mark and Blood Rage far more effective.

A cheap and nice addition to any CoC build. High life, attack speed if you can get once use one.

Skill Gems
Spoiler
Bladefall - OMFG! Nom nom nom, I love this skill soooooooo much. She is like beautiful sweet deathly rain drops from heaven. She obliterates everything, and in such a large area with such a beautiful effect. I cannot rate this skill highly enough. Not sure that Q20 on this is valuable, I need to test if increasing the AOE also decreases the overlaps like firestorm.

Blade Vortex - Setup right this skill is a ferocious little minx. While each individual hit can be a little underwhelming, once you've built up 10 or so she tears through mobs like a valley girl in a black Friday shoe sale. Get your attack speed high, your crit chance high and watch her take flight... Q20 this immediately on leveling to 20 as the area increase will be significant.

Ethereal Knives - I want this skill to be good, I really really do. But even after the damage buff, it just isn't any good. I would only socket this in as your third skill and even then maybe look at something else.

Blasphemy- Assassins mark Combo is just the business!

Blood Rage - Super nice for this build, we want as much attack speed as we can possible muster, 15% + 5% from quality is damn hard to pass up. You also get the added bonus of another 12+% attack speed from Accumulated Frenzy Charges and 12+% More multiplier also.

Fortify - A pretty serious Contender for any 5th of 6th Link combo. I'm likely to be using this as it provides such a solid damage mitigation at all times.

Faster Attacks - We have 38% Increased attack speed from the tree. +20% from Q20 Bloodrage + 10% from Starkonga's Head + 10% from gloves + 12% From Frenzy charges + Any attack speed on rings I personally thing faster attacks is a waste of time on this build.

Incraesed Aoe- This is potentially a useful addition but I feel that you're better off with a third spell or Fortify rather than Increase AoE support gem. However it does allow your the utility of socketing in Conc effect for bosses etc.

Conc effect- I need to test this once I have a 6L as I would only use this as a 6th link of any setup.

Skill Setup
Spoiler
4L Main Skill - Cyclone > CoC > Blade Vortex > Bladefall
5L Main Skill - Cyclone > CoC > Blade Vortex > Bladefall > Fortify
6L Main Skill - Cyclone > CoC > Blade Vortex > Bladefall > Fortify > AOE Spell

4L - Cast when damaged taken > Immortal Call > Increased Duration > Over Leveled Blood Rage
We over level blood rage and manually cast it, the CWDT will not proc it. But it still benefits from the linked Increased Duration.

4L - Summon Ice Golem > Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance > Blind > Minion Life

3L - Hatred > Spare > Spare

3L - Whirling Blades > Blasphemy > Assassins Mark

Aura's
Spoiler
All you will ever need for this build.
Hatred
Blasphemy Assissins Mark

Last edited by AngryCustard on Dec 13, 2015, 11:05:23 PM
Looks fun. Any tips on levelling?
"
lussiano wrote:
Looks fun. Any tips on levelling?

Basically just get to 45 using whatever skill you want. I used Shrapnel Shot just to try it out, also the buff to low level bows makes things a lot easier.
Hey, this build sounds sick. Gonna test it out tomorrow! Was just wondering when i looked at ur gear and saw spell damage on ur daggers, is that just because the gear is a bit random at the leveling moment or is spell damage needed for this build?
"
BIZZZY wrote:
Hey, this build sounds sick. Gonna test it out tomorrow! Was just wondering when i looked at ur gear and saw spell damage on ur daggers, is that just because the gear is a bit random at the leveling moment or is spell damage needed for this build?

Both, gear is random coz it's a new league/build. But you need spell damage as blade vortex and bladefall are both spells. You gain benefit from global increase physical damage and spell damage only. Local increase physical damage will not scale the damage on your spells.
I am doing a very similar build, it's loads of fun seeing rains of blade from the sky and EK spraying everything. I went with bladefall+EK to start with as i felt its quicker than bladefall+blade vortex with 4 link.

Although I'm having seconds thoughts on the ranger start. Maybe Scion might be better with the access to jewels.
Last edited by Swisp on Dec 14, 2015, 9:27:25 PM
Great guide, I tested this out on my standard Shadow character and IMO you are better off with Ethereal Knives then with Blade Vortex. Blade Vortex stacks rarely reach high enough (10+) to make it even worth it vs the immediate output from Ethereal Knives. Overall it is a lot of fun! My current link setup is...

Cyclone - Cast on Crit - Bladefall - Ethereal Knives > Fortify
What are we looking for on our daggers? Do we car about the pDPS of the dagger at all? Also how are you maintaining mana?

Thanks
Domination IGN: RangerThrow
Also what changes would you make for hard core build?
Domination IGN: RangerThrow
"
kmaldona wrote:
What are we looking for on our daggers? Do we car about the pDPS of the dagger at all? Also how are you maintaining mana?

Thanks

If you can find one of those Godly Ambushers that have high spell damage and high local phys then yes it is worthwhile getting a decent amount of phys on your dagger. You could also then invest in a crown of eyes. You might end up with a 15-20K DPS Cyclone while also casting spells. This would be pretty sweet.

"
kmaldona wrote:
Also what changes would you make for hard core build?

I wouldn't play this build in hardcore. You're far too prone to killing yourself to physical reflect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info