[2.1] Dual wield crit dagger reave marauder (Video + Screenshots)

So this was my attempt at making a very "meta" build for it's time, I originally planned this character back in warbands shortly after the reave buffs and armour = meta era. Even though the meta has (probably?) shifted with 2.1 I still want to share my creation.

This build doesn't require any specific/expensive uniques, it can all be done with rare gear, but the uniques do certainly add a lot to this build.

I believe this build has the potential to be Atziri and HC viable, just due to having a lot of health (5.3k at level 86), being armour based, having decent block% and having the insane Bino's life regeneration. I however, do not play hardcore and I'm too much of a bitch to try Atziri for myself, so I don't know if it's possible, but I don't see why not.

The uniques I recommend for end game are:

- Bino's Kitchen Knife
- Soul Taker
- Koam's Roots Titan Greaves
- Abyssus Ezomyte Burgonet (This should only be used as a switch for when you're confident you won't die)
- Bringer of rain (If you cannot afford a 6 link this is by far better than having a 5 linked chest)

There are also ways to make levelling a lot easier and uniques for levelling are:

- Ungil's boot knife (Mainhand, while using a Brightbeak off hand if possible)
- Brightbeak (This should be used in your off-hand until you can replace it with a Soul Taker)
- Mightflay Flaying Knife (Upgrade to this in your mainhand when you can)
- Meginord's Girdle
- Asenath's Mark Iron Circlet
- Wanderlust Wool Shoes

The heralds I use in this build are: Hatred, Herald of Ash and Herald of Ice.

Bandits are: Oak, Kraityn (Oak is fine, but I felt like I was lacking attack speed), Kraityn

My gear

Spoiler

Some tips for gearing is that you want to try and find attack speed on your gloves, early game with this build you lack attack speed so having it on any gloves you can find really makes it feel better. Also, try to get flat physical damage/crit on your Amulet/Rings if possible. And when it comes to the belt, having some form of life and armour is reccommended, I managed to find a rustic sash with a max armour roll and decent life (65) on it, you can always use a Doryani's Inviation if you want, but it doesn't have any life on it.

And as a last point, as mentioned above, this build can easily utilise a Bringer of Rain, so you can have a cheap 7L and use this build fully on a budget, BoR also gives more DPS than a 6l chest + rare helm due to the flat physical damage it gives which is something you should keep in mind when gearing up.

How to level with the tree

Due to how linear my tree is, it's quite simple. Just start going left to pick up disembowelling then after that get juggernaut and then just keep going right. You should pick up Flaying & Adders touch before you start to go into the shadow area. The shadow area is the last place we go.

My current tree

My planned tree

My links
Spoiler

Whirling blades:

Spoiler
GGRR Whirling blades, Faster attacks, Fortify, Blood magic (Not needed if you have soul taker)

Reave:

Spoiler
6 link (w/ Soul Taker): BGGRRR Inc. AoE, Reave, Faster attacks, Melee physical damage, Added fire damage, Multistrike

6 link (w/o Soul Taker): BGGRRR Inc. AoE, Reave, Faster attacks, Melee physical damage, Blood magic, Multistrike

If you have a 5 link on your reave it's a personal preference between dropping Inc. AoE and Added fire from the 6 links shown above, but as a very minimum you want your reave in a 4 link as: Reave, Faster attacks, Multistrike, Melee physical damage.

Auras/Vaal reave:

Spoiler
3 link: GGG Herald of Ice, Hatred, Vaal Reave

Blood rage/Golem summon:
Spoiler

You can choose between ice and chaos golem, I prefer not to die so I choose chaos, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter one bit.

3 link: BGR Summon chaos golem, Blood rage, Blood magic

Herald of ash:

Spoiler
Anywhere you have a free red gem slot.

Some screenshots

Spoiler
AFK tooltip:

Blood rage + Frenzy charges + Atziri pot:

Abyssus AFK:

Abyssus Blood rage + Frenzy charges + Atziri pot:

Defensive stats:

You can always get Vaal Haste and that will increase the DPS further, but I can't be arsed.

Here's a video of me running a strand in 2.1

Thanks for reading, if I've missed out anything or you have questions or see a way to improve my skill tree please leave a reply and I'll be sure to check it out.
Last edited by Kaverii on Dec 13, 2015, 8:15:59 PM
Is it possible to use a sword instead of dagger?
"
azrielvon wrote:

I suppose it would, but the tree would be completely different and I'm not sure how it would compare to daggers since the crit bases are (arguably) worse for swords than for daggers.

To quickly make a tree this is what I'd try:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAe4zG2FhjPfyMz_ZIXz_BBBQgf-N5aO8OMfupblBHd-PAGuRRAdx4DW87l3lnm4TZtfIoKkF0R35ttDWSi08km702qAf-j9i9m2r3TWVNZ4BN4_4KhVK-p6ZX8kXZYWBBOuGtjWNwz34R1XasV5fqGEMx-Ov3MtrBTP8UcZJ9hO907U4q2XwbqtwjYSEFLVuvggfBBxDwmG8aVXrv3Q0NjfJB137yWuXPiO1AoOCVh3YV9mMXgTqp-iFgn4Ljn2J54e_Bi1boSn0ABoFBNe867XJsbEYyCQ==
Last edited by Kaverii on Dec 14, 2015, 5:45:40 AM
"
Kaverii wrote:
"
azrielvon wrote:

I suppose it would, but the tree would be completely different and I'm not sure how it would compare to daggers since the crit bases are (arguably) worse for swords than for daggers.

To quickly make a tree this is what I'd try:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAe4zG2FhjPfyMz_ZIXz_BBBQgf-N5aO8OMfupblBHd-PAGuRRAdx4DW87l3lnm4TZtfIoKkF0R35ttDWSi08km702qAf-j9i9m2r3TWVNZ4BN4_4KhVK-p6ZX8kXZYWBBOuGtjWNwz34R1XasV5fqGEMx-Ov3MtrBTP8UcZJ9hO907U4q2XwbqtwjYSEFLVuvggfBBxDwmG8aVXrv3Q0NjfJB137yWuXPiO1AoOCVh3YV9mMXgTqp-iFgn4Ljn2J54e_Bi1boSn0ABoFBNe867XJsbEYyCQ==

I asked because I have this lying around. Thanks for the recommendations :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info